PDA

View Full Version : My vote is to.....

ryjam282
12-24-2003, 07:07 AM
I say we cut him or at least don't resign him to that long term deal he is owed at the end of the season. We will not have any type of cap hit or anything if we don't pay him what his Patriot contract was cause we have to give him the bonus to trigger the rest of it, then we just resign him to a deal that is more friendly to the Bills cap and give him a signing bonus more realistic then a 7 million that he isn't worth in my opinion.

I really like the guy as our QB but he does need too many things to pretty much go perfect for him to really shine. I say a bonus of about 4.5 million or so and a 3 year deal worth 3-5 a year. That is really his worth on the open market these days anyways. That would give us a few more million under the cap to work with to get some of the other areas of need addressed.

I say we go after a QB in round 2 or so and if possible get Sean Taylor (FS from UM) this guy is flat out amazing. He is a Roy Williams type player without as big a hits, but he is all over the place and seldom is out of position. Can you imagine Taylor and Milloy back there. That would be unreal. I think there is enough FA O-lineman to get us what we need and just enough $ to get a very speedy WR left over (TO would be a pipedream but I would love it). What are your guys thoughts.....

One more thing, I wish everyone on these boards (yes, even the trolls) a very Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah.

GO BILLS!!!

Ryan

shelby
12-24-2003, 07:12 AM
Nice post....Merry Christmas!

don137
12-24-2003, 07:56 AM
We can't keep Bledsoe at his current contract but KG and the line were as much to blame as him and next year we should have a better line and KG will be gone so his mistakes should, and that is a big should, drop dramatically.
Who do we get to replace Bledsoe that will be much better next year factoring in an improved line and a much better OC & QB coach?

HenryRules
12-24-2003, 09:21 PM
I like Bledsoe as our QB and agree that his current contract is impossible for us to fulfill ... however, I think your contract proposal (3 yrs for 14-16 total) is too much. He'd still end up with a cap hit of about 5 mil per year and I don't think his performance over the last season+ has warranted that type of salary.

If he gets more than 9 mil for 3 years (shorter contract being a possibity as well), I think we're overpaying him.