PDA

View Full Version : The two best teams in the AFC right now!

Patrick76777
12-24-2003, 09:02 AM
Who are they?

Because I see KC at 12-3 and I’m not sold! They can’t stop the run and in the playoffs, that’s not a good thing! 3-3 in their last 6 with wins over Oakland, SD and Detroit!

I see NE at 13-2 and if they get home field, it will be tough to take them down but they have no running game and have been very lucky this year!

Right now, I say Denver could very well be playing the best football in the AFC right now! When it counts! We’re always told to watch the teams that get hot right after Turkey day! Well since Turkey day, they’re 4-0 with wins over KC and Indy (two of the favorites) Hell, Denver is one not called Block in the Back penalty away from being in first place in the AFC West! I was really wrong about this team, I thought Plummer was going to be garbage! But he’s really played well. This team has a good defense and can run on anybody! Right now, this is the best team in the AFC! Question is, can they win 3 on the road? It looks like they’ll be heading off to Indy in two weeks! They just beat the hell out of Indy, in Indy, without Portis on this past Sunday!

My second choice would be Baltimore! This team is 3-1 since Turkey day! 4-1 over their last 5. With wins over Seattle, San Fran and Cincy! They only scored under 30 points once in that span! The have a sick running game and an unbelievable defense, which could very easily make up for questionable QB play. And with Baltimore, they get a home game! They’ll most likely play a slumping and hurting Tennessee team at home!

NE and KC would not be happy to see Denver and Baltimore heading their way in the second week of the playoffs!

Ebenezer
12-24-2003, 09:04 AM
Except that game against Denver last week, Indi is tough.

Patrick76777
12-24-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Except that game against Denver last week, Indi is tough.

I bet they want NO part of Denver again!

pats-were-right
12-24-2003, 09:23 AM
Patrick: We didn't have much of a running game in '01 either, and just because a defense forces a lot of turnovers and bad decisions doesn't make them lucky.

Baltimore doesn't concern me. Billick is the Mike Martz of the AFC - he'll find some way to screw it up. Denver on the other hand. . . I agree we would prefer they get knocked out before we have to play them, even if it would be at home.

Gunzlingr
12-24-2003, 09:25 AM
KC looked god-awful Saturday. Trent Green couldn't see the open man, and when he did, over threw, or just made horrible decisions. Their D put so much pressure on Culpepper that he only had time to knit 3 sweaters and re-read War & Peace 4 times. They sucked ass! I think they will be eliminated 1st round.

Baltimore has looked good despite running their 3rd string QB. Defense wins games, but it will be anybody's game.

Patrick76777
12-24-2003, 09:32 AM
In 2001, you shouldn’t have even have had home field, I can remember a certain WR lying unconscious on the sidelines who was ruled to have possession. If that doesn’t happen, you lose to a 3-13 team in OT and you don’t even win the division.

But you did!

Then the Tuck rule, Which is a terrible rule!

Besides all that, A. Smith had a very good season in 2001! Then in True A. Smith fashion he sucked the next year!

Valerie
12-24-2003, 09:35 AM
I don't like Baltimore. I'm surprised they're doing as well as they are. Their quarterback is a no name, right?

pats-were-right
12-24-2003, 09:36 AM
But Patrick - you said we were lucky THIS year - then you reach back to 2001 for your reasoning.

A. Smith was "ok" last year - THIS year was the one he sucked. you can have him back next year if you want. We'll get Kevin Jones or Steven Jackson with one of our two first rounders.

R. Rich
12-24-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
I don't like Baltimore. I'm surprised they're doing as well as they are. Their quarterback is a no name, Wright?

Well, not exactly a no name. He (Anthony Wright) did used to play for your 'Boys.

Patrick76777
12-24-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by pats-were-right
But Patrick - you said we were lucky THIS year - then you reach back to 2001 for your reasoning.

No you're wrong! I reached back to 2001 to prove that you were wrong about not having a running game in 2001! You did, and you got lucky that year!

This year, I don't know how you're winning games! You should have lost in Miami, I watched that Cleveland game and you guys looked terrible.

You know what, I don't really know what to think, I just don't see your team as being dominate! I think a nice balanced team could come down to NE and take you out! Maybe I'm wrong, but I Just don't see the Pats winning it all!

that being said, If we smoke you guys again on saturday (which I'm not planning on), and you finish the year 13-3 with two Buffalo ass kickings, I'll want you guys to win it all!

One more thing, I wanted you guys to win that Superbowl. I was very pleased that you did,

I have no hate for the pats or their fans. Met some really cool pats fans the last 2 years at the stadium.

2002 after the game, after I told some Pats fan, "you guys really kicked our ass today" he said, "Yeah, buy you guys have one hell of a QB"

2003 met a really cool Pats fan who said that he never heard a stadium so loud and you guys look really good and At least we both hate the Dolphins and the Jets!

pats-were-right
12-24-2003, 09:46 AM
At least we both hate the Dolphins and the Jets!

Yup.

Gunzlingr
12-24-2003, 09:59 AM
The enemy of my enemy is my friend :D

Patrick76777
12-24-2003, 10:00 AM
So what do you guys think? what are the 2 best teams in the AFC right now!

Brian Griese Rulz
12-24-2003, 10:04 AM
Colts and Ravens with Denver a close 3rd.

Tex
12-24-2003, 10:11 AM
You guys are crazy, the Pats are the best team in the AFC and have the record to prove...nuf said.

Patrick76777
12-24-2003, 10:14 AM
AAAAHHHHHGGGGGGGGG NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE JUST SAID NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!

THE WORST MESSAGE BOARD TERM EVER!!!!!!!!

IT HURTS MY BRAIN!!!!!

Valerie
12-24-2003, 10:15 AM
I have to agree with Tex. I think the Patriots are good. And I also like the Colts.

Rich, I forgot Anthony Wirght played for the 'Boys. I don't think he was there very long. But, he wasn't the quarterback I was thinking of. I thought they had another guy. But I guess the guy I'm thinking of is the back-up. Thanks though! :peck:

lordofgun
12-24-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
AAAAHHHHHGGGGGGGGG NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE JUST SAID NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!

THE WORST MESSAGE BOARD TERM EVER!!!!!!!!

IT HURTS MY BRAIN!!!!!

I agree. That was painful.

Tex
12-24-2003, 10:24 AM
nuff said

nuff said

nuff said

n......J/K

How's the brain???

Halbert
12-24-2003, 10:25 AM
I was completely wrong on the Pats this season.

Nuf said.

Patrick76777
12-24-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun

I agree. That was painful.

Nothing makes me angrier! I could punch my PC when I see it.

Patrick76777
12-24-2003, 10:27 AM
I searched all forums for “Nuff said” You wouldn’t believe how many threads came up!

108!

Log, we need to ban this. Or seriously start fining people!

Tex
12-24-2003, 10:28 AM
Tough season????

The_Philster
12-24-2003, 10:28 AM
I searched all forums for “Nuff said” You wouldn’t believe how many threads came up!

108!

Log, we need to ban this. Or seriously start fining people!

What do you do to people who use it in their titles?

Patrick76777
12-24-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Tex
Tough season????

No I've always hated that phrase. did a whole thread about it over the summer!

And nowI'm going to kill Phil!

The_Philster
12-24-2003, 10:32 AM
And nowI'm going to kill Phil!

Bring it:club:

:evil:

lordofgun
12-24-2003, 10:35 AM
Art Wander wore out that phrase years ago.

Ickybaluky
12-24-2003, 10:37 AM
"Lucky" is the losers lament.

The Pats were lucky. Brady is lucky. Lucky enough to win 70% of their games the last 3 seasons. You reach a point where it is more than just luck. There are reasons the Pats win so many games, and it isn't luck. Experience. Preparation. Leadership. Depth. Sound planning and good execution. Having the right players to fit the scheme.

Ultimately, I don't care if they are lucky or not. They can keep on being lucky, as long as they keep winning.

Patrick76777
12-24-2003, 10:43 AM
Just haven't been impressed! I've watched the Pats twice this year, Once was in week 1 when they lost 31-0 and the other was when they beat a very good Cleveland team 9-3

Dozerdog
12-24-2003, 11:37 AM
I live in NE

They are like Rasputin- you can't kill them

They play to the level of their competition- squeek by the Texans and Cleveland, then beat Indy at Indy and Denver in Denver.

I will say this- they are the most exiting "boring" team to watch ever.

Halbert
12-24-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by NE39
The Pats were lucky. Brady is lucky. Lucky enough to win 70% of their games the last 3 seasons. You reach a point where it is more than just luck.
The Pats SB run was the luckiest season I've ever seen a team have. All year long virtually everything went their way - every bounce, every call, everything. Nobody will ever convince me that wasn't one of the biggest flukes in sports history.

However, if this year's team wins the SB I won't ever call that luck. That team knows how to make plays and win games. There has been nothing extraordinarily lucky about them, in fact they've been unlucky when it comes to injuries. I have been totally impressed with them and wouldn't insult them with inauthentic claims of good fortune.

But that SB winning team was waaaaaaaaay lucky. Anyone who doesn't think so wasn't watching the same games I was.

Tex
12-24-2003, 12:16 PM
You are wrong, that was the greatest super bowl run of all-time. With one after another clutch perforamce after another.What a ride. And there was no luck involved in the super bowl game, just a QB and a kicker coming up huge.

Patrick76777
01-05-2004, 10:41 AM
Wow, I was wrong.

Still say that Baltimore and Denver would have matched up well against KC with the running games. And Denver would have matched up well with NE!

Oh Well, I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again.