X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Mock Draft has us taking Ben Troupe

This moron says TE is our biggest need. I like Ben Troupe but would be very upset if we took a TE in round 1.

• The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Where do these people come up with this idea that we are hurting so badly at TE?
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
      Where do these people come up with this idea that we are hurting so badly at TE?

I know................Campbell has been very good when we actually bothered to throw him the ball.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Exactly. We have Campbell and Moore who are both starting caliber TEs and Neufeld has done a good job as well. If we had a system that actually utilized the TE more, the idea of TE being a weakness wouldn't come up for anyone.
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

how can you do a mock draft when all the underclassman have not declared??? you can use this one to wipe with.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I think it's the Bledsoe factor- he had so much success throwing to Coates in NE. It's as if these morons think a high-caliber TE will solve Bledsoe's issues.

I agree with everyone else here though- a top shelf tight end would be nice, but the guys we have can play and this team has far more urgent needs.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
              • May 2003

I don't want to see the Bills take a TE either, but Troupe is very good. He might be the best all-around TE in the draft.

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                I think it's the Bledsoe factor- he had so much success throwing to Coates in NE. It's as if these morons think a high-caliber TE will solve Bledsoe's issues.
                Difference is, he had an offensive coordinator not afraid to use the TE while in New England with Coates.

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                  you can use this one to wipe with.
                  Thanks!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• baalworship
                    • May 2003

I would puke if we got him instead of Kellen Winslow Jr... Mark Campbell is not a playmaker.

Comment

• ryguy8161
                      BRING IT
                      • Jul 2002

If we're going to draft him, then trade down into the 20's.

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

I agree that Troupe is a reach at 13. However, before we dismiss the idea of Buffalo taking a TE because we don't have a TE friendly offensive system, do you really think Buffalo will have the same offensive system next fall? I agree, strictly speaking, that TE is not Buffalo's greatest need, but the way the draft works you may not find a player of suitable value at the position you most need to pugrade at the point you're drafting. Is Buffalo's greatest need an interior offensive lineman or a DE? Frankly, the odds may be against a player, who would be a suitable value at the 13th overall spot being there. I think it's possible Buffalo drafts Winslow if available or trades down and drafts Troupe. I don't think its the most likely pick. Other positions Buffalo could draft at #13 are DE if Will Smith drops, a CB if Winfield bolts, a WR, a DT, or a safety.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

I've watched all year. TE is nowhere near our area of greatest need. Do any of these "pundits" pay any attention - do they really think the loss of Riemersma killed our team?
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            I've watched all year. TE is nowhere near our area of greatest need. Do any of these "pundits" pay any attention - do they really think the loss of Riemersma killed our team?
                            I don't think they do.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                              Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                              • Aug 2002

With this logic, we should be looking to draft a fullback, too; because Buffalo's offense has suffered from the loss of Center's, also.

Horse dungie (not meant as a slight on Tony - use a hard "g").

I'd be willing to put money on the fact that our offensive personnel, EXACTLY THE SAME ONES OUT THERE THIS YEAR, could do much, much better if they had the guidance of an OC with the ability to use the strengths and weaknesses to the advantage of the system. I feel like I keep typing this statement, but that's really the whole key here. If this team ran the ball 50% of the time on 3rd and short, I'd bet this team would have one at least 2-3 more games.
                              Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

Working...
                              X