PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft has us taking Ben Troupe

Novacane
12-24-2003, 10:46 AM
This moron says TE is our biggest need. I like Ben Troupe but would be very upset if we took a TE in round 1.

http://www.football.com/draft/2004/04mockdraft.shtml

The_Philster
12-24-2003, 10:48 AM
:lol: Where do these people come up with this idea that we are hurting so badly at TE?

Novacane
12-24-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
:lol: Where do these people come up with this idea that we are hurting so badly at TE?

I know................Campbell has been very good when we actually bothered to throw him the ball.

The_Philster
12-24-2003, 10:52 AM
Exactly. We have Campbell and Moore who are both starting caliber TEs and Neufeld has done a good job as well. If we had a system that actually utilized the TE more, the idea of TE being a weakness wouldn't come up for anyone.

Ebenezer
12-24-2003, 11:21 AM
how can you do a mock draft when all the underclassman have not declared??? you can use this one to wipe with.

OpIv37
12-24-2003, 11:41 AM
I think it's the Bledsoe factor- he had so much success throwing to Coates in NE. It's as if these morons think a high-caliber TE will solve Bledsoe's issues.

I agree with everyone else here though- a top shelf tight end would be nice, but the guys we have can play and this team has far more urgent needs.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-24-2003, 01:38 PM
I don't want to see the Bills take a TE either, but Troupe is very good. He might be the best all-around TE in the draft.

The_Philster
12-24-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37
I think it's the Bledsoe factor- he had so much success throwing to Coates in NE. It's as if these morons think a high-caliber TE will solve Bledsoe's issues.

Difference is, he had an offensive coordinator not afraid to use the TE while in New England with Coates.

lordofgun
12-24-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
you can use this one to wipe with.

Thanks!

baalworship
12-24-2003, 01:57 PM
I would puke if we got him instead of Kellen Winslow Jr... Mark Campbell is not a playmaker.

ryguy8161
12-24-2003, 01:58 PM
If we're going to draft him, then trade down into the 20's.

TigerJ
12-24-2003, 02:49 PM
I agree that Troupe is a reach at 13. However, before we dismiss the idea of Buffalo taking a TE because we don't have a TE friendly offensive system, do you really think Buffalo will have the same offensive system next fall? I agree, strictly speaking, that TE is not Buffalo's greatest need, but the way the draft works you may not find a player of suitable value at the position you most need to pugrade at the point you're drafting. Is Buffalo's greatest need an interior offensive lineman or a DE? Frankly, the odds may be against a player, who would be a suitable value at the 13th overall spot being there. I think it's possible Buffalo drafts Winslow if available or trades down and drafts Troupe. I don't think its the most likely pick. Other positions Buffalo could draft at #13 are DE if Will Smith drops, a CB if Winfield bolts, a WR, a DT, or a safety.

Jan Reimers
12-24-2003, 04:15 PM
I've watched all year. TE is nowhere near our area of greatest need. Do any of these "pundits" pay any attention - do they really think the loss of Riemersma killed our team?

The_Philster
12-24-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
I've watched all year. TE is nowhere near our area of greatest need. Do any of these "pundits" pay any attention - do they really think the loss of Riemersma killed our team?

I don't think they do.

Throne Logic
12-24-2003, 04:38 PM
With this logic, we should be looking to draft a fullback, too; because Buffalo's offense has suffered from the loss of Center's, also.

Horse dungie (not meant as a slight on Tony - use a hard "g").

I'd be willing to put money on the fact that our offensive personnel, EXACTLY THE SAME ONES OUT THERE THIS YEAR, could do much, much better if they had the guidance of an OC with the ability to use the strengths and weaknesses to the advantage of the system. I feel like I keep typing this statement, but that's really the whole key here. If this team ran the ball 50% of the time on 3rd and short, I'd bet this team would have one at least 2-3 more games.

The_Philster
12-24-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
With this logic, we should be looking to draft a fullback, too; because Buffalo's offense has suffered from the loss of Center's, also.

Horse dungie (not meant as a slight on Tony - use a hard "g").

I'd be willing to put money on the fact that our offensive personnel, EXACTLY THE SAME ONES OUT THERE THIS YEAR, could do much, much better if they had the guidance of an OC with the ability to use the strengths and weaknesses to the advantage of the system. I feel like I keep typing this statement, but that's really the whole key here. If this team ran the ball 50% of the time on 3rd and short, I'd bet this team would have one at least 2-3 more games.

Excellent post :bf1:

IHateTheDullphins
12-24-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I know................Campbell has been very good when we actually bothered to throw him the ball.

or he is in the damn game.

SABURZFAN
12-24-2003, 05:24 PM
this mock draft is pretty funny.i like his "other possibilities" better than the pick.that's WAAAY too early to draft troupe.

helmetguy
12-24-2003, 05:52 PM
This is why I dismiss any kind of draft talk until at least March. With coaching changes, FA, retirements and other factors, any "mock" drafts in December are a farce.

ryguy8161
12-24-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
This is why I dismiss any kind of draft talk until at least March. With coaching changes, FA, retirements and other factors, any "mock" drafts in December are a farce.

If people made mock drafts for accuracy, you'd never see another one because there would be no point to it. It's only for fun.

Ingtar33
12-27-2003, 12:44 AM
Troupe reminds me of Ben Coates... same build, speed and talent...

I'd take him anywhere around 15-25... he's not as fast as Winslow, but i think he's a better blocker, and has marginally better hands (as well as a better personality)… of course Winslow could possibly be the best TE ever to come out in the draft… so if it came down to Troupe or Winslow I think you’d have to have your head seriously if you don’t pick Winslow.