PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick thought

Devin
12-24-2003, 03:44 PM
Have seen a million and 1 different "what I would do's" so I figured what the hell.

Coach - As I have always thought GW isnt strong enough, he just isnt head coach material in my opinion.
A Holmgren, Coughlin, Green, perhaps even a Reeves would suffice. But I think the same of Fassel as I do GW, great coordinator horrible HC. KG deservedly so should be gone.

Free Agency - Tough call. It appears Winfield is gone which isnt a huge deal in the sense that there is a lot of DB's available who can actually defend the pass and not allow recievers to catch then tackle.

After sorting his replcement id grab me a solid Defensive end, and attempt to find me a nice suitable reciever to compliment senor Moulds.

Draft - A little crazy but with 2 1400 yard seasons its hard for me to argue Henry's worth. Id package up Magahee and another player or pick/s and grab me the biggest baddest offensive lineman I could. As I agree with Mr. Wilson about the line.

Either through the draft or free agency or even a trade id likely start to look into a future QB behind Drew.

Im sure this is full of flaws but I have seen offence as our weakest link this season not defence. Never much bought into this bizarre thought about DE being our biggest need. While it maybe a need it isnt our biggest. Truth be told had Drew had peerless or a +/= reciever on the other side wed be in the playoffs imo.

Ultimatley with a tougher line and another solid reciever, perhaps a stud DL we are a contender.

HenryRules
12-24-2003, 09:44 PM
I like your moves, but I think our offense is further away than you think.

I think Peerless would have helped, but our OL play has been really bad this year - on run blocking and pass blocking in the beginning and on pass blocking in the end. I still think we would have been 8-8 or 9-7 at best with Peerless and not good enough to make the playoff.

This offseason, I'd much rather we sign guys that are going to be able to stick around for a few years, instead of bringing in someone like Shaw, Teague, Centers, etc. that we're gonna want to replace within two years. So I'd rather we go with a stud RG, stud CB (either Winfield or someone else) and a stud WR/C and hope the rest pans out through our own players developing. These short-term measures are just as much a problem as they are a solution I think.

casdhf
12-24-2003, 10:49 PM
Isn't a quick thought like 3 words?

The_Philster
12-24-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
Isn't a quick thought like 3 words?

It's all relative. Compared to a Wys post, Devin's post was incredibly quick

Devin
12-24-2003, 11:56 PM
lol yeah Wys quick thoughts are novels ! But fun to read.

Yeah you maybe right about our offense being furthur away then I thought. Just know with better protection and another reliable target with our defence as capable as it is now wed be tough to beat.