PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe feels the heat

Billz_fan
12-25-2003, 12:06 PM
Don't think I have seen this here yet. Is so, I apologize if not here is a sniplet and a link to the article.

It's gotten so bad for Bledsoe that he's being mentioned in the same breath as Rob Johnson. The same fans who packed Ralph Wilson Stadium to welcome Bledsoe booed him throughout the second half Sunday. And yes, we are certain those were "boos" and not "Drews." Fans and media are calling for Bledsoe to be shown the same door as Gilbride and coach Gregg Williams rather than have the Bills pay Bledsoe $6 million next season plus $7 million more to commit to him for another three.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2003/12/25/bledsoe_pockets_of_trouble/

BillsFever
12-25-2003, 01:37 PM
If he could feel the heat out on the football field maybe he wouldn't be in this situation.

Devin
12-25-2003, 02:26 PM
Personally have always liked Bledsoe. And to be honest with a proper offensive line, and maybe another reciever ( +/= peerless) I think Bledsoe would thrive.

Not to mention we dont have the sharpest Offensive coaching staff in the world.

While Bledsoe needs work, he needs help as well.

shelby
12-25-2003, 06:26 PM
i am undecided as to whether Drew should stay or go. What i have seen this season leads me to believe that he has lost his touch, that he doesn't see down the field the way he used to. Is that the offensive scheme, or his skills declining? i'm not sure.
If :pray: we overhaul our coaches in the offseason, i'm sure the Bledsoe issue will be addressed as well. If a new OC is in place next season (and hopefully a new HC as well), it would be interesting to see how Bledsoe performs as a result.

Devin
12-25-2003, 07:50 PM
agreed. Think that would be a true test.

Like I stated earlier, i think its more coaching staff and the fact hes always throwing straight up because his line gives him no protection.

justasportsfan
12-25-2003, 09:58 PM
During the Fins-eagles game, they showed eagles fans booing when McNabb was drafted and then showed the fans cheerin in the stadium that night. Well everything is "what have you done for me lately?" when it comes to sports.

I was excited to see Drew come to bufaalo only because I thought he would easily be an upgrade over Rob. I thought there would finally be stability in the qb position.

Granted that not everything was his fault, we wasn't helping either. He wasn't making plays when he had his chances .

We all know that Henry wasn't put in a situation to really flourish, but he made the best of what was given to him even when he was injured. He never gave up and Drew looks like he did. Makes you wonder who the leader of this team is.

Devin
12-25-2003, 10:10 PM
well put, as we Bills fans are so accustomed to.......Maybe next year.

I am very anxious to see what happens this off season.

SabreEleven
12-25-2003, 11:59 PM
Sean Salisbury just called Drew the "Least-Valuable Player" In the NFL. Can't really argue with him.

BuchanonForPrez
12-26-2003, 12:43 AM
Bledsoe is a joke. The Bills finally went out there, acquired some key free agents to fill the holes on defense. And what do you know? Drew turns into Jeff George. What went wrong? Nothing, I felt for Ruben Brown when Drew looked 90 years old taking a hit, when I saw that, it made me sick. There is no reson for him to just sit there and take the loss of yards. If anything, dump it off to Henry and get a couple of yards. I personally would rather see Van Pelt this Sunday, and then go out and find a qb who wont choke on a great opputunity, aka Brunel.

losman2evans
12-27-2003, 11:18 AM
GW has given us a top 5 defense, the #1 punt and kick off coverage. A new kick off return guy (Antonio Brown was a two hit preseason wonder ). Besides the fumbles- Clements showed what a great punt returner could do.

We need to bring in a new OC, and a new OL, a receiver, and a TE ( Kellen Winslow Jr. )

Bledsoe need to take an incentive laden contract or be cut, and get a Brunell or Garcia to start if he we need a replacement.