PDA

View Full Version : Great article about my boy Coy on the Zone front page

shelby
12-25-2003, 09:13 PM
This kid is something.....he is not only a dedicated team player, but also a positive role model. Oh yeah, and he's hot.:up:

Coy was a finalist for the NFL’s 2003 Walter Payton Humanitarian Award because of his foundation and his extensive volunteer work. He has convinced corporations such as Coca-Cola, Wilson Farms and Sugar Creek to get behind his foundation, and he has raised funds and awareness through his line of sportswear.

....Milloy’s arrival in Buffalo meant Coy’s departure from the Bills’ starting defensive lineup. It was a blow to the player who had beaten out Billy Jenkins for the starting strong safety job as a rookie a year ago, but Coy quickly turned a disappointment into a positive.

“Sure, it hurt to lose my starting job, but I knew that his addition would make us a better team and I saw it as an opportunity to learn from a master,” he said.

“Lawyer has been great to me. He has the same passion for the game that I have, and I’ve been able to learn so much just by observing him and picking his brain.”

Rochester D&C (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/columns/12242Q2OGFK_sports.shtml)

justasportsfan
12-25-2003, 09:41 PM
He's gonna try and take the job from Milloy and if he is able to, that just means we have ourselves one hell of a FS. I just hope with the cap and all, he'll be able to do it as a bill.

Devin
12-25-2003, 10:06 PM
I saw a bit on him on ESPN as a rookie, great player, class individual. Glad hes a Bill.

shelby
12-26-2003, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
He's gonna try and take the job from Milloy and if he is able to, that just means we have ourselves one hell of a FS. I just hope with the cap and all, he'll be able to do it as a bill.

Why not let him take over as FS and keep Milloy?

Originally posted by Devin
I saw a bit on him on ESPN as a rookie, great player, class individual. Glad hes a Bill.

Me too!

The_Philster
12-26-2003, 06:32 AM
I put that up Tuesday morning and it took you this long to see it? :cynic: ;)

shelby
12-26-2003, 06:38 AM
Sorry, i've been busy.:cynic: