PDA

View Full Version : NFL Players and Guns

KRC
12-26-2003, 09:35 AM
I am new here, and I am not sure whether this belongs in this forum, or in the Twilight Zone, but here it goes.

The NFL is fining players for Sharpie incidents, cell phone incidents, but fails to enforce their own rules on guns in the lockerrooms (some are illegal guns).

Don't get me wrong, I am a staunch pro-gun person, and with fight tooth-and-nail for the second amendment, but how about enforcing their own league policies. I have no problems with players having legal guns in their homes, or carrying them if they have permits, but the league needs to spend more time enforcing its own rules, and not spending so much time addressing childish antics on the field.

NYT Thingy on Guns In The NFL (http://www.nytimes.com/2003/12/26/sports/football/26GUNS.html)

Cntrygal
12-26-2003, 11:20 AM
Welcome and this is definately the right place for this article.

Patrick76777
12-26-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by KRC
Re: NFL Players and Guns

He was young and he needed the money! Don't worry Gunz, I've got your back!

Gunzlingr
12-26-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
He was young and he needed the money! Don't worry Gunz, I've got your back!

Thanks Pat! I am still trying to put those days behind me :up:

stuckincincy
12-26-2003, 04:40 PM
The problem, for a lot of fans including me, it that their "celebration" in the end zone comes off as a slap in the face of those that respect the game. As if they are the most important thing in the Universe, as is nobody coached 'em, nobody threw a block for 'em, and so forth.

Their actions are akin to an infant with diaper rash. I note that it's largly confined to WR's...RB's know which side their bread is buttered on.

If the bump 'n run was still in effect, a lot of these clowns would be LUCKY to catch 30 balls a year...