X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KRC
    • Nov 2003

NFL Players and Guns

I am new here, and I am not sure whether this belongs in this forum, or in the Twilight Zone, but here it goes.

The NFL is fining players for Sharpie incidents, cell phone incidents, but fails to enforce their own rules on guns in the lockerrooms (some are illegal guns).

Don't get me wrong, I am a staunch pro-gun person, and with fight tooth-and-nail for the second amendment, but how about enforcing their own league policies. I have no problems with players having legal guns in their homes, or carrying them if they have permits, but the league needs to spend more time enforcing its own rules, and not spending so much time addressing childish antics on the field.

NYT Thingy on Guns In The NFL
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Welcome and this is definately the right place for this article.
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

Re: NFL Players and Guns

Originally posted by KRC
      Re: NFL Players and Guns

He was young and he needed the money! Don't worry Gunz, I've got your back!
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• gunzlingr
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
        He was young and he needed the money! Don't worry Gunz, I've got your back!
        Thanks Pat! I am still trying to put those days behind me
        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

The problem, for a lot of fans including me, it that their "celebration" in the end zone comes off as a slap in the face of those that respect the game. As if they are the most important thing in the Universe, as is nobody coached 'em, nobody threw a block for 'em, and so forth.

Their actions are akin to an infant with diaper rash. I note that it's largly confined to WR's...RB's know which side their bread is buttered on.

If the bump 'n run was still in effect, a lot of these clowns would be LUCKY to catch 30 balls a year...
          Last edited by stuckincincy; 12-26-2003, 04:42 PM.
          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
          X