X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Draft position!

Because we far and away had the toughest Schedule in the NFL this year, we will lose every single draft tie- breaker. That sucks.

It looks like we may be drafting at 13. We can only move up 2 spots. If we lose and Pittsburgh and or the Jets win. (we move up one spot for each loss, assuming we lose!

We can fall up to 4 spots. We’d slip to 17 with a win and a Chicago, SF, NO and Tampa Bay loss (we move down 1 spot for each loss, assuming we win.
    Resign our own guys!
  • Fairway To Green
    • Jul 2002

Go Jets
    Go Steelers
    Go Pats

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

Yup. I've seen some yahoos predicting Buffalo could rise to as high as the eighth spot in the draft. I've been setting them straight whenever I hear that. I don't see the Bills, Jets or Steelers winning this weekend, so I think we'll end up right where we are this moment. At least we won't end up tied with the same record as 5 other teams the way things looked a few weeks ago. It just would have felt a lot worse in a 6 way tie and picking last in the group because we were so "fortunate" to play such good teams this year. A three way tie isn't so bad.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

That is amazing that a 7-9 team could draft 17th. Last year a 7-9 record had a top 10 draft spot...What a difference a year makes...

Comment

• Fairway To Green
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137
          That is amazing that a 7-9 team could draft 17th. Last year a 7-9 record had a top 10 draft spot...What a difference a year makes...

Yep......................we picked a bad year to go 6-10

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

If they don't go for the OL or CB positions, they're sunk. Myself, I'd resign Winfield and make 'em a FS.
            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

So, what offensive lineman do you think will be available in the 13th spot, cincy? Personally, I suspect both Gallery and Andrews could be gone by then. A CB probably will be available who would represent good value there.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by TigerJ
                So, what offensive lineman do you think will be available in the 13th spot, cincy? Personally, I suspect both Gallery and Andrews could be gone by then. A CB probably will be available who would represent good value there.
                Sorry,

I don't get into "draft mode" till about February. Then I study it like h*ll!!!
                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• ryguy8161
                  BRING IT
                  • Jul 2002

I'd have to say to get the best value for the Bills draft position this year, they'd have to go WR.

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

As far as I know with AVP leaving and Drew slacking, nobody needs a QB as bad as the Bills, so wouldn't it be ok for us at any pick, since the other teams would be picking other positions?
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

I agree that the Bills need a QB. At the moment the Bills seem committed to Drew for next season though. That means they would not necessarily looking for a QB to start for them next year. For that reason I don't particularly look for the Bills to draft QB in round one. I especially don't look for Buffalo to trade up so they can draft Roethlisberger or Manning. The two of them will be gone in the top five IMO. If one of them does drop, someone has suggested The Steelers would be likely to pick him just ahead of the Bills. I do think the Bills will try to find a serviceable QB in free agency and/or draft one in the middle rounds.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

I will say this- drafting 17th this season is better than drafting 12th last season- way more talent.

We have to climb in front of Pittsburgh- they have nearly identical needs (outside of RB maybe)

Comment

• Ingtar33
                          Dances With Buffaloes
                          • Sep 2002

only two QBs are truly worth a top 20 pick...

my money is on one of two players from Miami... Winslow or Taylor... I have a sneaking suspicion that Taylor will fall this far due to a disappointing 40 time (he's never had blazing speed, and on the field he doesn't look like he has 4.2 speed, more like 4.48-4.58)... a very good pickup at 11-13 would be either of them.

There might be an outside shot at one of the Williams at WR… if Roy is still about I’d have problems believing TD could pass on him.

In this whole draft, I think Will Smith is about the only other D player the Bills would consider at 11-13 (other than Taylor)

I think QB would be something we'd adress in the 2nd or 3rd round... someone like Clausen would be a fantastic value in the 3rd or 4th.
                          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• clumping platelets

What about Matt Schaub from Virginia?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                              What about Matt Schaub from Virginia?
                              I think he is the best QB in this draft not named Manning or Roethlisberger.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X