PDA

View Full Version : Salisbury, ESPN, names Bledsoe "LVP"

stuckincincy
12-26-2003, 12:38 PM
I was watching ESPN Sportcenter at abt. 110:30 AM today. Commentator Sean Salisbury was running down his choices for Rookie of the Year (Boldin), league MVP (McNair) and so forth.

He named Bledsoe the NFL's "Least Valuable Player"

Ouch.

The Natrix
12-26-2003, 12:47 PM
I agree. Never have I seen one player hurt their team to the extent that Bledsoe has. There are players in the league with less talent, but they are on the bench or not making mistakes if on the field.

Novacane
12-26-2003, 01:19 PM
Oh come on guys..........................it was not Bledsoes fault.......................it was everyone around him. He does not deserve any blame.

HenryRules
12-26-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Oh come on guys..........................it was not Bledsoes fault.......................it was everyone around him. He does not deserve any blame.

Why are the only options that he deserves none of the blame or all of the blame?

What about the realistic view that some of us have that he a part of the problem - not the entire problem.

stuckincincy
12-26-2003, 01:38 PM
True. But he's a substantial part. That the coaching/playcalling has been abysamal, well that goes without saying.

But it is not an unreasonable expectation to think that a 10-year qb vet would check off now again, it is not unreasonable to expect a 10-year qb vet to scream bloody murder at a clown of an OC.

Sadly, I think he's just playing out the string.

Terrible leadership, non-existant leadership. I had expected a lot better from Ddrew.

stuckincincy
12-26-2003, 01:39 PM
whoops..double post.

pats-were-right
12-26-2003, 01:46 PM
Ahhh, as Gladys Knight sang: Memories... like the corners of my mind. . . misty water-colored memories...............ofthePatriotsinthesecondhalfof 1999andallof2000 ;)

pats-were-right
12-26-2003, 01:57 PM
AND............the preseasonandfirsttwogamesofthe2001seasonthankgodforMoLewis.

Novacane
12-26-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules

Why are the only options that he deserves none of the blame or all of the blame?

What about the realistic view that some of us have that he a part of the problem - not the entire problem.

Aside from Gilbride he is the biggest part of the problem!!! The sarcasm is brought on by all the excuses made here for him. There is a group that blames everything around him but does not want him to share any blame. They refer to him as "savior"

Read todays Buffalo News. He is not making excuses for himself. I give him credit for that.

I know he has not had ideal blocking and playcalling this year. HE has been awful though. Can't lay all the blame on other things

The_Philster
12-26-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules

Nah...that's too easy. Too much like the crazy idea that there are 53 guys on the roster.

Novacane
12-26-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Nah...that's too easy. Too much like the crazy idea that there are 53 guys on the roster.

Does that mean all 53 players are equally responsible when a team loses?

The_Philster
12-26-2003, 02:22 PM

Not at all....but the QB gets an unfair share of the blame/credit. It was always because of Flutie that we won in 98 and 99, etc, etc.
That ring a bell? Cause that's all I ever heard when I was on usenet...it was all dependent on the QB.

stuckincincy
12-26-2003, 02:51 PM
The ESSENCE of the qb position, why they command the big $$$$'s, is because they can CHANGE things.

Example: several years ago, the B'gals picked up QB Neil O'Donnell. Was on one of cinty's famous 12-year stretch of losing teams. No OL. No DL . No CB's or FS/SS. One loudmouth decent reciever, Carl Pickens.

The team had tons of injuriers.

A coaching staff pummmeled and jerked around by the ownership.

That team finished, I forget, 4-12 or 5-11. O'Donnell had 12 or 13 TD's. And only TWO int's. He did what you would expect a vet to do.

Given the problems, O'Donnell played well. He saw defenses and changed plays; the supporting cast was wanting though. He used the tools at his disposal. He used his experience to advantage.

He was booed out of town, only to go to the Titans and go 4-0 in McNair's absence.

Bledsoe, IMHO, shows a serious lack of moxie. If the bills perchance woulda signed Blake or a guy like O'Donnell, or saved the #1 and moved up to pick Ramsey instead of moving up to pick Ryan Denney, things might have been different...

pats-were-right
12-26-2003, 02:54 PM
Another example is those bad niners teams of a few years ago where Garcia still made the pro-bowl.

justasportsfan
12-26-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Let's say half of that 53 roster are problems/liabilities and the other half are assets to the team. What half do you think Drew belongs to?

Yeah, we pay him 6 million to be part of the problem. Not everyone in national media know what they are talking about but the fact that someone thinks he's an LVP means a whole lot. If anyone even "considered " him to be a problem means we are overpaying a qb.

stuckincincy
12-26-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Let's say half of that 53 roster are problems/liabilities and the other half are assets to the team. What half do you think Drew belongs to?

Yeah, we pay him 6 million to be part of the problem. Not everyone in national media know what they are talking about but the fact that someone thinks he's an LVP means a whole lot. If anyone even "considered " him to be a problem means we are overpaying a qb.

Indeed. A team's top qb must take charge, wins or losses.

No fan cares if you stink if you give the good effort.

I liked that in O'Donnell when he was with the Bengals for 1 year, even. tho' the local media fried him, and also Jeff Blake. The league figured out his banana passes, same as they figured out bled's M.O. halfway into last season (greatly exacerbated by the idiot KG), but Blake always showed up at the table.

helmetguy
12-26-2003, 07:28 PM

You win as a team; you lose as a team.

justasportsfan
12-27-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy

You win as a team; you lose as a team. Tell that to the D that was short of saying "the O sucks"

Jan Reimers
12-27-2003, 08:50 AM
I cannot believe that Drew - at 31 years old - has lost all of his skills. Unless, as I speculated in a previous thread, he has a serious medical problem.

If he is physically and neurologically sound, he could very well rebound with the right OC in the right system.