X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillyT92679
    • Jul 2002

Josh Harris

Is playing very well for Bowling Green right now! The Bills should at least consider him.
    Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Yes they should. When Bowling Green went head to head with Miami of Ohio, Roethlisberger was clearly the better of the two, but I like what Harris can do. He can play a controlled passing game. He throws on the run as well as anyone. He has excellent mobility and escapeability. I think with a little seasoning he could do very well in the NFL. His deep throws weren't always on the mark today and he made an ill advised pass or two, but I don't think he did anything that couldn't be corrected.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Take a look at UVA's Matt Schaub who plays today at 11:00 A.M. on ESPN 2.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Iehoshua
          • Jan 2003

Here's my rant from another Bills msg board about Harris:

386 yds passing, 3 td, 2 ints (1 was a tipped ball, I watched game)

68 yds rushing, 1 td

I take the rushing stat with a grain of salt due to the fact that Harris is practically playing both positions.

Regardless, this guy has a nice arm and definitely some accuracy, even if a bit raw at times, to go along with his ability to scramble and create with his legs. He reminds me of a McNair type qb, since his tendency was to hang in the pocket on a pass play, then only to take off as last resort. He was GREAT throwing on the run.

Sure you can sing about Eli Manning or Ben Roethlisberger, but will either one of them realistically be around by the time we're on the clock, with teams in need of QBs like Arizona, Pittsburg, San Diego, and Oakland ahead of us?

Will Tom Donahoe address this need? Will we continue to rely on an ancient statue who is a shell of what he COULD have actually become? Will he continue to try to build a line that would have to be equivalent to the Great Wall of China to protect Bledsoe? My logic is a clear NO! I agree that our line needs work but no matter the line, you only have so much time as a QB to make a play. Bledsoe seems to think he should be allowed all the time in the world. I found myself sometimes this season yelling at the tv screen for Bledsoe to "Fall forward!! At least get a YARD!! Don't just STAND there!!"

I say it's time for a change, time to look to a QB with a deeper and brighter future. Let Bledsoe go play for Parcells where he may actually get better hearing the Tuna yell "THROW IT! THROW IT!! THROW IT!!" at him in practice again.

DRAFT JOSH HARRIS!!

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

i dont like the guy.. i cant put my finger on why.. but i dont want him here.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Iehoshua
              • Jan 2003

He can't be any worse than the statue.......

Comment

• Winfield_26
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Hes looked good and bad. I still like him and thats because he has a certain way about him when he plays that you can admire in the kid. He never gives up even if hes playing horribly, and he is always trying to make plays. He was BGSU's whole team. He solely led them to a Bowl game and into the top 25 rankings. He is gonna be good IMO. Looks to be a 3rd-5th round pick.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Iehoshua
                  • Jan 2003

Re: Josh Harris

Originally posted by Darth Takeo
                  Here's my rant from another Bills msg board about Harris:
                  386 yds passing, 3 td, 2 ints (1 was a tipped ball, I watched game)
                  68 yds rushing, 1 td
                  I take the rushing stat with a grain of salt due to the fact that Harris is practically playing both positions.
                  Regardless, this guy has a nice arm and definitely some accuracy, even if a bit raw at times, to go along with his ability to scramble and create with his legs. He reminds me of a McNair type qb, since his tendency was to hang in the pocket on a pass play, then only to take off as last resort. He was GREAT throwing on the run.
                  Sure you can sing about Eli Manning or Ben Roethlisberger, but will either one of them realistically be around by the time we're on the clock, with teams in need of QBs like Arizona, Pittsburg, San Diego, and Oakland ahead of us?
                  Will Tom Donahoe address this need? Will we continue to rely on an ancient statue who is a shell of what he COULD have actually become? Will he continue to try to build a line that would have to be equivalent to the Great Wall of China to protect Bledsoe? My logic is a clear NO! I agree that our line needs work but no matter the line, you only have so much time as a QB to make a play. Bledsoe seems to think he should be allowed all the time in the world. I found myself sometimes this season yelling at the tv screen for Bledsoe to "Fall forward!! At least get a YARD!! Don't just STAND there!!"

I say it's time for a change, time to look to a QB with a deeper and brighter future. Let Bledsoe go play for Parcells where he may actually get better hearing the Tuna yell "THROW IT! THROW IT!! THROW IT!!" at him in practice again.
                  DRAFT JOSH HARRIS!!
                  While my NFL Draft intuition is a bit off, my future roster move intuition is dead on!

Comment

• Pride
                    • Jul 2002

Can we please stop ressurecting these old threads?

Comment

• ryjam282
                      Offical Billszone Starting QB
                      • Mar 2003

Good find, that is funny.

Ryan Withey
                      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Iehoshua
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Pride
                        Can we please stop ressurecting these old threads?
                        What's the big deal? I was just pointing out how bad my draft knowledge is but yet how I predicted the Drew/Billy Parcells reunion...

Comment

• pintonick96
                          You guys are all nerds. Just give me team updates and STFU.
                          • Aug 2005

We could pick up Josh Harris, too. He's also out of a job.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by pintonick96
                            We could pick up Josh Harris, too. He's also out of a job.
                            Yeah, according to some on this board, anyone who is not JP is automatically better than JP.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The King
                              Without me it's just Awe so
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              Yeah, according to some on this board, anyone who is not JP is automatically better than JP.
                              Except Joey Harrington... I think we learned this leason yesterday.
                              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                              It was all
                              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
                              X