PDA

View Full Version : What I dont understand is....

WCoastFin
10-06-2002, 04:51 PM
Why do you blame your defense!???....I thought they did the best they could....and remember they were playing the RAIDERS....one of the toughest offenses in the league.... heck Watson stepped it up and broke off a couple of plays when just last week you were pratically biting his a$$ off for not covering the bears WR........If there is someone to blame its Bledsoe!....3 picks when you were very much alive!....not to mention holding the ball too much after his first pick ....he was scared and the Raiders new it....thats what led to the rest of the picks....not to mention their should have been at least 3 more picks if you watched the game and all those sacks....and the coaching staff, well, dont even go there....we all know GW sucks....but the O and D coordinaters are not at fault they simply do the best they can, with the best they've got....:beer:

WCoastFin
10-07-2002, 10:45 AM
I still dont understand....

Buffalofan
10-07-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
If there is someone to blame its Bledsoe!....3 picks when you were very much alive!....not to mention holding the ball too much after his first pick ....he was scared and the Raiders new it....thats what led to the rest of the picks....not to mention their should have been at least 3 more picks if you watched the game and all those sacks....

My apologies to the post about trading Bledsoe .. THIS is the most ridiculous thread of the day. Hell, this one may not be topped all YEAR !!

I dont know what youre on WCoastFin but you might want to cut the dosage ... its obvioulsy affecting your judgement.

:punchu:

Judge
10-07-2002, 11:49 AM
WCF-

Watch the game before you post. You clearly had no idea what happened out there.

Earthquake Enyart
10-07-2002, 11:51 AM
If he watched the game he'd still have no idea.

OK let's blame the offense for not scoring a TD EVERY TIME THEY HAD THE BALL except once in the second have, like Oakland did.

Novacane
10-07-2002, 11:55 AM
Why does'nt everyone put WCF on ignore like I did!

WCoastFin
10-07-2002, 12:12 PM
It figures, you guys dont understand either....besides you are all bill fans and dont want to look stupid disagreeing with the majority.....but its ok keep blaming your Defense ....just dont come back crying saying I didnt tell you so!

bduff54
10-07-2002, 12:12 PM
my god west coast, they allowed 40 points.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2002, 12:14 PM
because they gave up 495 yards and 41 points (I say 41 because of the int for a td)!!! What other reasons do you need?

WCoastFin
10-07-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by bduff54
my god west coast, they allowed 40 points.

ya but there were 3 INTs that helped them on the way to 40.....your defense was tired and played almost the entire 4th QTR....

JefftheBillsfan
10-07-2002, 02:25 PM
im not going to say drew had his best game ever...but he kept us in it. then at the end...yeah...he tried to do too much. if any other QB were playing...the bills would have been blown out at half time making the late drive INTs insignificant.

Drewpac
10-07-2002, 05:58 PM
I agree. I believe Bledsoe played a huge role in us losing the game. But with that said, if we even had a mediocre defense we would have still won the game despite all of Bledsoe's mistakes.

RedEyE
10-07-2002, 06:10 PM
Bledsoe cannot be blamed for the loss against the Raiders. He threw 53 x in that game. 53 plays were devoted entirely to the passing game. You have to expect a mistake if you go to the air that many times. How many times did they run the ball ~ 16 measley times, even though Henry was paced to break a hundred yards against the number 1 run defense in the league. (Henry was averaging 3.9yrds a carry)
Now imagine the outcome of that game if you turn just 10 pass plays into hand offs. The clock would have been ticking and the defense would have been resting on the bench. IMO, the coaching staff and poor play calling are to blame for the loss not Bledsoe. They knew the power of the Raiders O and the coaching staff made NO adjustments before Sunday's game. That is completely unexceptable after the numerous points the Bills D has allowed in the past 4 games.

Dazydog
10-07-2002, 07:01 PM
WCF Has a point.

I live in New England and I saw enough of Bledsoe to not be surprised about these interceptions. The first interception was his mistake. He could have thrown the ball away, etc. However, I like how Bledsoe tried to make a grab for the guy. No one else came close.

Bledsoe has been looking good this year. I hope that this game does not set him back. Hopefully the team will be as supportive of him as he has been of them.

:mex:

Typ0
10-07-2002, 07:27 PM
My calculations show the three interceptions a 21 point turn around...twice they scored and one time we would have scored instead if we held on to the pumpkin. Our corners needed to step up and make some plays they did not but I didn't think the defense played as poor as people seem to think. They got over 200 yards on five plays alone. It was bad but not nearly as bad as it could have been.

That being said the buck has to stop with Bledsoe for the turnovers. As was said above, he's going to turn the ball over if he's throwing too much and he is still Drew Bledsoe. He still can't be throwing away the ball like that in big situations. Not when we're playing the best team in football. I can live with it once and a while. I cannot forgive the coaching staff for insisting on not running the ball. Don't care what the situation is (we were in yestredays game for quite a while) we need to get Henry more touches. Until we have a running game we suck. At least if they would call the plays we would have a chance.

Creemoredrinker
10-07-2002, 11:30 PM
...would fill Ralph Stadium 10 times over.:badboy:

WCoastFin
10-08-2002, 12:19 PM
Im glad some of you understand......see most of these bill fans werent complaining about the defense handling the bears last week in OT.....you see the defense was on the field as much as the offense, therefore, they were not as tired.....I really dont care what defense you put in, it could be the best defense in the league but when your playing the raiders offense (who have multiple weapons) and your offense puts that defense on the field for most of the 4th.......Its onna be a looooooong 4th QTR for the defense.....but go ahead and keep blaming your defense....oh and BTW, I believe Schobel is still leading the league in sacks with 4.5 .....thats for all you bill fan non-believers!.....