PDA

View Full Version : The REAL problem...

lordofgun
10-06-2002, 04:58 PM
I think the real problem today was that our offense got off to a very slow start!

Our D had them stopped a few times early, and our offense did absolutely nothing. I don't like this trend of only scoring when you're behind and need a score. This team needs a killer instinct to get ahead by more than one score.

We need to get up early, and establish the run...especially when our defense comes up with some great stops early in the game.

Romes
10-06-2002, 05:04 PM
good point log. Often times things that happen at the beginning of the game can be overlooked. Charlie Garner killed us today. It would have been good to make the Raiders play from behind early, instead of us always having to come back.

WCoastFin
10-06-2002, 05:08 PM
Interesting point ...but if you asked me...it seems more as if you didnt make a fast finish instead of a slow start.....you can always recover from slow starts.....but 3 picks doesnt make it any easier for the Defense to play most of the 4th Qtr......

I just had Deja Vu...

Rebecky
10-06-2002, 05:36 PM
Is it my imagination, or are we getting outcoached when it comes to gameday defense adjustments?

Reading the play by play at nfl.com, I see that when our offense has a bad series, the next time, they generally come back with different plays and they usually do better on the next series or two -- until the opposing D readjusts, and then the cycle continues. It is clear from reading the play by play that KG is right in the thick middle of the coaching chess match.

But with our D -- I don't see this same "coaching chess match" cycle -- I see the opposing offense usually starting out with a bad series or two, then slowly figuring out our D and improving against out D throughout the game until, by the last quarter, they clearly own our defense. Our defensive coaches are apparently NOT reading the offense and making necessary gameday adjustments.

Those of you who get to actually watch these games, is that an accurate assessment?

Bert102176
10-06-2002, 05:38 PM
we need a better Defensive scheme and Defensive coach

Buffarama
10-06-2002, 10:19 PM
We played hard. We had two possessions when we were ahead, and couldn't get up by 10 or more. Those were key. We punted. There was no defense until late in the game when we had to be one dimensional.

Novacane
10-06-2002, 10:25 PM
That 3rd down where Bledsoe overthrew a wide open Josh Reed was huge! If that pass was completed we could have possibley gone up by 10 and could have been a differant story.

Oh well......If if's and but's were candy and nuts.............

TacklingDummy
10-06-2002, 10:41 PM
Our problem is our DEFENSE and MISTAKES that lead directly to points.

IF our defense could stop someone or create a turnover so our offense doesn't have to go 70+ yards to score everytime would be nice.

Costly mistakes are killing us. 2 Kickoff returns for a TD, 2 Henry Fumbles for a TD, 1 Interception for a TD. Penalties and defensive coaching (GW/JG).

All these things are putting to much pressure on the offense to score everytime they touch the ball.

lordofgun
10-06-2002, 11:39 PM
That's just my point TDRJ...

Our D did stop them early, but our offense squandered away the chance to take an early lead. We have got to score early, and get ahead!

Earthquake Enyart
10-07-2002, 08:14 AM
I think we just need to score more points than the other team. That's hard to do when the other team only punts once in the second half and scores a TD every other time they have the ball.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2002, 09:25 AM
There is NO excuse for giving up 49 points in a game!!!

LtBillsFan66
10-07-2002, 09:29 AM
The REAL problem is we have no solid pass rush. That's not necessarily the fault of the D line. We hardly ever blitz. When we do, we disrupt the other team's O. Come on Jerry Gray!!!!

This is why we are not creating turnovers either. We have to force the other teams to make mistakes. They sometimes don't just happen.

We put up friggin 31 points. We should friggin win. Frig!

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2002, 09:39 AM
I think we could still squeak out a 9-7 season because of our offense but this d is making me sick!