PDA

View Full Version : The Raiders are a better team... NOW

Kelly The Dog
10-06-2002, 05:10 PM
How else can you look upon this game. The Bills were driving. Drew throws a bad pass while on the run that is picked off and returned for a TD late in the game and we lost. The game wasn't nearly an 18 point loss. It was basically that one play. He doesn't throw fabulous on the run. He missed Buchanon there who had been burnt the whole game. Peerless was wide open on the sideline. If Buchanon doesn't make that play how many of you thought we would go right down the field and score like we had been? I certainly did.

The defense is simply not good enough yet. The Raiders are not only on a roll but played a flawless, smart game. They are a better team than the Bills right now but who didnt know that? We scared the **** out of them and we are close to be a very good team. The ST are a lot better. The offense can hang with anyone. The defense is 2-3 players short of being able to stop a top-echelon offensive team but who amongst us didnt think or know that at all times? We're THIS close to being in the top third of the league. We were THIS close to being in or winning that game in the fourth quarter. Right now, we are simply not as good a team as the Raiders but again, who in their right mind didn't know that? We were in a position to steal that game and a play here and there was the difference. IMO by the end of this season we would make that play here and there. And next year we won't be a surprise, we're going to be one of the best teams in the league. It's okay we don't win every game this year, we're not there yet. But we're damn good and getting better and this game, even though the defense tanked, was actually IMO another step in the right direction. We'll be 3-3 after next week and the last ten games will be a truer indication of what kind of team we have. Right now I think we're a 9-7 team. next year we will likely be more of a 11-5 team.

casdhf
10-06-2002, 05:21 PM
4 of 5 games that other team has scored on defense or special teams....that is not good

TigerJ
10-06-2002, 10:37 PM
I'm not tood concerned about that, cas. I think the special teams started the year with real problems, but there has been pretty steady improvement. The Bills do play something of a high risk, high reward offence. When they are playing catch up at the end of the game, circumstances dictate that the risk factor goes up. What is a more important concern is the inability of the defense to register any takeaways.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2002, 10:18 AM
The one thing we have to keep in mind is the fact that we were a 3-13 team last year it will take time to turn everything around. We still have some upgrades to make on the defense.