PDA

View Full Version : What do you want the team to look like in 2004?

Gunzlingr
12-27-2003, 01:29 PM
I would like to get rid of:
Reuben (sounds like he is gone)
the stupid twins (KG/GW)
Lindell (what a damn waste)
Drew, if he fails to negotiate to league minimum.

Keep:
Winfield (I like the idea of moving him to FS)

Get:
A QB that isn't a damn statue
Some Oline help
DE that can put the pressure on opposing QBs
Playmaking CB
a Kicker with a strong leg and accuracy.

HenryRules
12-27-2003, 03:50 PM
Get rid of:
Ruben
Winfield
Shaw

Bring in:
Champ Bailey or one of the other free agent CB's that don't fit the saying that CB's are WR's that can't catch.
a guard for right or left (will wait 'til free agent lists are full before speculating on names)
Center in the draft or else Woody - but I don't think we're a desirable spot for free agents this offseason
WR in free agency (the guy from Seattle)
TE in free agency (there's 4 or 5 that are nice upgrades over what we have)
and #1 ...
if it doesn't look like a playmaker is going to fall to us in the draft ... <b>TRADE UP IN THE DRAFT</b>. None of our first rounders have turned out to be playmakers in the TD era and it's a fact that Super Bowl teams are made with playmakers so it's about time we get one.

ublinkwescore
12-27-2003, 04:07 PM
bye bye Brown, Bledsoe,

still on the fence with Winfield (he knows the D) bringing in another CB should only be done if we can't keep winfield - in which case I say we go after Ty Law - since it will still hurt the Pats and help us (at least during our first game with the Pats)

Draft the absolute best QB with our first round pick since we should have just moved into the top ten in the draft after today.

get Brunell for the groomer of our first rounder and Coughlin to coach (as long as he doesn't try to convince us to keep KG). If Coughlin thinks we should keep KG, then I think we should go with Dan Reeves.

That's what I would do.

Tom Coughlin already supposedly has his coaching staff put together for where ever he gets hired at next year - but maybe we can get him with some compromise - do not touch our D TC.

saviorbledsoe
12-27-2003, 04:50 PM
get rid of:
r. brown
lindell
kg
gw
o-line coach
travis brown

pick up:
speed playmaking DE
speed playmaking WR (opposite moulds)
QB coach
o-line coach
new center
o-line help
new kicker
young qb for 2nd string

Novacane
12-27-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
get rid of:
r. brown
lindell
kg
gw
o-line coach
travis brown

You are such a fairweather fan bashing guys who are still on our team. I'm sure we could make a million excuses for all those guys like you do for Drew.

saviorbledsoe
12-27-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

You are such a fairweather fan bashing guys who are still on our team. I'm sure we could make a million excuses for all those guys like you do for Drew.

go for it...

LarryBoy
12-27-2003, 05:25 PM
What do you want the team to look like in 2004?

12-4

baalworship
12-27-2003, 05:44 PM
I would like to see Kirk Ferentz hired ASAP so he can get his staff in place.

At QB I would like to see Bledsoe cut and either

A. Brunell
B. Billy Volek
C.Garcia

brought in for a short term contract.

I would like to have Ferentz select his Offensive Coordinator but to bring in Jim McNally from the Giants to coach O-line.

I would like see the following players & coaches let go:

GW, Gilbride, Ruel & all on offensive side of ball
Winfield (Too expensive)
Ruben Brown (ditto)
Pucillo (He sucks)
Bledsoe (He sucks and he's expensive)

Bring in FA:

Stud DE if available
Stud Guard if available
Stud Center if available

Draft:

1st- PLAYMAKER 11-13 pick overall:

Kellen Winslow Jr
Reggie Williams
Sean Taylor

2nd-4th

Big Mauling Guard
QB
Free Safety
CB
TE-WR (if not taken in 1st)

And finally, if Donahoe keeps Bledsoe I want TD gone as well!

saviorbledsoe
12-27-2003, 05:56 PM
Billy Volek.....Can you say 1 game audition QB who gets hurt all the time....aka ROB JOHNSON

justasportsfan
12-27-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
Billy Volek.....Can you say 1 game audition QB who gets hurt all the time....aka ROB JOHNSON What's wrong with Rob? Drew's no different.

BTW, Drew's audition was when TD was watching him during warm-ups.

baalworship
12-27-2003, 06:13 PM
I think Jerry Sullivan said it best on this issue. Billy Volek can't be acquired because of Rob Johnson?! That's just a stock answer.

The fact is Bledsoe sucks and needs to be replaced. Billy Volek might be the answer. There's a lot more tape on this guy than one game. He didn't keep David Carr on the bench for 2 years in college because he sucked then either.

Here are QB that were acquired by another team and went on to play well, other than Rob Johnson:

Brett Favre
Steve Young
Kurt Warner
Jeff Garcia.

But, let's not try to find our guy because we screwed up an earlier prospect. Should we be cautious? Sure. Don't give him 10 million a year yet. But we can't just stand still and lose and lose and lose and lose and lose because we are afraid to win.

don137
12-27-2003, 06:48 PM
[i]

Here are QB that were acquired by another team and went on to play well, other than Rob Johnson:

Brett Favre
Steve Young
Kurt Warner
Jeff Garcia.

[/B]

Add Brunell to that list as well...