PDA

View Full Version : The 2003 Season Gameball and Goats.

justasportsfan
12-27-2003, 03:50 PM
Year end Grade:

Gameball:
Henry- Bills MVP
D - inspite of their performance in the last game of the season, they get the gameball.

D Coaches- I hope Krumrie stays. From one of the worst defenses last year to top 5. Not bad. We need a DE for TO purposes.

Moorman

Goats

OL- they plain suck.

O coaches - Gilbride , Ruel . Don't let the door hit you where the sun don't shine on your way out.

Drew- I dare any Drew supporters to show me that he wasn't part of the O problem. The OL had it's problems and Gilbride was the main reason but Drew was part of the problem. Sad to say Flutie was the best qb we had since Kelly.

Danny Smith- Other than our punter and punt coverage coverage, this team hasn't been special ever since he was the ST coach. His 3 (?) years are up.

Reed- Disappointment for a n0. 2

GW- for as long as he is the HC, we will be depending on talent because we aren't gonna be outcoaching anyone. Goodbye!

TD- got us some great players and some mistakes. Thanks for Spikes but no thanks for Drew. Brought in Lebeau but bad choices in HC.

casdhf
12-27-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Drew- I dare any Drew supporters to show me that he wasn't part of the O problem

Just how would one of them do that?

justasportsfan
12-27-2003, 04:25 PM
It's not all Drew's fault. I hope those who support him don't get me wrong. The qb position however is the most important position on the field. When a player like Volek comes in and plays like a probowler and a 6 million qb can't even play like an average qb inspite of an OL like that, makes you wonder.

We didn't cut Rob Johnson some slack, why should we treat Drew any differently? Just because he made probowl last year based on 1/2 of the season? Flutie made probowl and we sent him packing.

I am being as harsh w/ Drew just like I was with Rob. Forgive me for being fair.

The_Philster
12-27-2003, 04:26 PM
In truth, Flutie was sent packing because he wasn't going to follow every order that Williams and Sheppard would give him.

SABURZFAN
12-27-2003, 04:28 PM
this team played like they had no balls so give everyone on the team a set.

justasportsfan
12-27-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
In truth, Flutie was sent packing because he wasn't going to follow every order that Williams and Sheppard would give him. Was he wrong? We fired them after 1 year. They said on TV that Drew thnks this was his favorite O system. Let Gilbride take Drew with him then.

casdhf
12-27-2003, 04:31 PM
Well, Drew sucks. This is pretty clear from his production. But, you want someone to prove something that can't possibly be proven. I didn't think anyone would try the wys logic ever again. lol

LarryBoy
12-27-2003, 04:32 PM
It's not all Drew's fault. I hope those who support him don't get me wrong. The qb position however is the most important position on the field.

I disagree..the O-line is the most important postion, he who wins in the trenches wins the game. Without them you cannot run or pass. The QB is the most visiable postion.

Novacane
12-27-2003, 05:07 PM
Goats:

Williams
Gilbride
Donahoe
Bledsoe
interior O-line

Balls:
Henry
Defense

The_Philster
12-27-2003, 05:22 PM
Was he wrong? We fired them after 1 year. They said on TV that Drew thnks this was his favorite O system. Let Gilbride take Drew with him then.

He couldn't have been serious. He had much more success in New England in the middle part of his time there and I don't think he usually spent much time saying "huh" to his offensive coordinator there.

justasportsfan
12-27-2003, 05:27 PM

He couldn't have been serious. He had much more success in New England in the middle part of his time there and I don't think he usually spent much time saying "huh" to his offensive coordinator there. Who cares what he did in NE. I'm comparing Flutie w/ Drew under the same situation. Bad OL, dumb HC, dumb OC , same quality D. Drew in his entire carrer is definitely better than Flutie. Based on the same situation, It's time to say goodbye to Drew. I know it isn't gonna happen but I am not gonna stop arguing with posts until Drew shows me that he has what it takes.

Novacane
12-27-2003, 05:28 PM

He couldn't have been serious. .

You keep saying that Phil but why did he say it? I think BB would have known if he was kidding. Deirdorf also said Drew said if Ralph and TD asked his opinon he would support GW. I think his concussion may have screwed his brain up.

The_Philster
12-27-2003, 05:29 PM
Who cares what he did in NE. I'm comparing Flutie w/ Drew under the same situation. Bad OL, dumb HC, dumb OC , same quality D. Drew in his entire carrer is definitely better than Flutie. Based on the same situation, It's time to say goodbye to Drew. I know it isn't gonna happen but I am not gonna stop arguing with posts until Drew shows me that he has what it takes.

I was talking about that statement that this system was his favorite. He's played in a few different ones and the one he utilized in NE was his best

The_Philster
12-27-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I think his concussion may have screwed his brain up.

that could be it if he in fact said and meant it.

justasportsfan
12-27-2003, 05:32 PM

I was talking about that statement that this system was his favorite. He never said he wasn't serious so there's no spinning his statement.

kgun12
12-27-2003, 05:35 PM
Justa: I agree with your gameballs and goats. However I would add TD to both lits.

Gameball:
for Spikes, Adams, Lawyer and ever Posey filled his roll .

Goat: Lindell, Campbell, Shaw, Gash and keeping KB after the bye week. (This team was built for smashmouth football, Campbell and Shaw and Gash were not right for our pass happy OC.

LarryBoy
12-27-2003, 05:37 PM
What he said was that this was his favorate Offensive scheme and that he loved how last year the WR's saw what D the other team was running and responding to it by changing the routes. He also said that he didnt know why it wasnt working this year.

The_Philster
12-27-2003, 05:38 PM
He never said he wasn't serious so there's no spinning his statement.

And I never heard him say he was serious....goes both ways. If he was, he should be committed...especially since he was questioning the play calls at times this season.