PDA

View Full Version : Sigh

Devin
12-27-2003, 07:35 PM
Well lads, another season come and gone and we are staring dead on into another "rebuilding" offseason. Luckily with the talent we have we should do ok.

After doing a little research we have a handful of STUD CB's available, as I have no patience for greedy wastes of time (see Brown and winfield) i happily bid them adios.

I would try and either package them or ship them sepratley but if we got compensation for Brown/Bledsoe/Magahee (together or seperate) Id try and move up to grab me a nice young QB.

OL and CB can easily be fixed in the offseason. Id use the rest of the draft to work on OL/DL/WR. Maybe grab a veteran WR in Free agency.

It seems like a lot of work to be done but luckily this year TD has a lot to choose from. Be another interesting offseason thats for sure.

Devin
12-27-2003, 07:37 PM
Actually putting things in perspective, wouldnt a number 1 draft pick team like Arizona have a need for all 3 of those guys?

Dozerdog
12-27-2003, 09:00 PM
Why would tou trade McGahee?

Just becauser he didn't give the instant gratification that people expect- Just sit tight on this kid.

Throne Logic
12-27-2003, 09:41 PM
Man, it's pretty harsh how quickly people can turn on folks, especially when those folks are turned on due to someone elses decisions (see McGahee's story).

If it comes out that Ruben stood up to KG's stupidity and was subsequently dismissed from the remainder of the season, there are going to be a whole lot of people on this site eating the proverbial crow and praising Ruben for having the balls to do what everyone else wanted to.

Devin
12-27-2003, 11:27 PM
sorry didnt mean to imply I was turning on someone.

Magahee - Was not knocking him or his potential skill as I felt the day we drafted him hes going to be a solid back someday wherever he ends up. I simply mean with the past two seasons hes had its hard to overlook Henry, and I am not entirley sure we need both.

Brown - Maybe he did stand up to the coach, and if he did great! As both GW and KG have had their heads in their asses all season long. But given whats been said and done I dont believe he wants to be here any longer.

The_Philster
12-28-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Devin
Brown - Maybe he did stand up to the coach, and if he did great! As both GW and KG have had their heads in their asses all season long. But given whats been said and done I dont believe he wants to be here any longer.

Once those two schmucks are fired and we bring in someone who actually knows what he's doing, maybe he'll be excited about being a Bills this season. He hasn't shown much of his usual brand of excitement most of the season.

shelby
12-28-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Throne Logic

If it comes out that Ruben stood up to KG's stupidity and was subsequently dismissed from the remainder of the season, there are going to be a whole lot of people on this site eating the proverbial crow and praising Ruben for having the balls to do what everyone else wanted to.
You're right, TL. If that is what happened, i will be first in line to eat some crow. It's beginning to sound more and more that Brown had a fight with KG and sat out for that reason.

Jan Reimers
12-28-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by shelby
You're right, TL. If that is what happened, i will be first in line to eat some crow. It's beginning to sound more and more that Brown had a fight with KG and sat out for that reason.

I'll be in line, too. Everything I had heard and read previously indicated Ruben had quit. But we all should have known that a couple of snakes like GW and KG would twist things around to put the blame on Ruben. After all, GW and KG have not really taken responsibility for any of our problems this season.

SABURZFAN
12-28-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
Man, it's pretty harsh how quickly people can turn on folks, especially when those folks are turned on due to someone elses decisions (see McGahee's story).

having the balls to do what?i haven't seen anything about him trying to defend that he's innocent.i think he said enough earlier in the week to pi$$ off Bills fans.

BillsOwnAll
12-28-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Why would tou trade McGahee?

Just becauser he didn't give the instant gratification that people expect- Just sit tight on this kid.
Winfield is good but i guess i wouldnt mind seeing him leave if we got a better CB. we need a Ty Law type player. and also < mcgahee might become one of the greats i qouldnt trade him until he plays. i really think he is gonna be one of the ALl time greats.

Devin
12-28-2003, 09:56 AM
Well as i said earlier we are relativley fortunate that we have such a wide pool this year of talent/draft.

McGahee is a tough call, because i agree he is going to be something special, its pretty tough to overlook henry. Guess this upcoming season will resolve that issue.