Questions for Ingtar-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Questions for Ingtar-

Good to see you back buddy- i hope you had your fill of turkey and giblits (whatever those are)

My Questions-

If Ruben Quit on us, do you think he would fetch a 3rd round pick in the draft?
  • Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Here's another crazy thought-

The Rams will Tender Bulger- I heard it will cost them 1.9 million to give him the highest tender. I don't think they can afford to sign him to anything more because they just gave Warner a huge contract ($ 11 million in salary and bonus next year) and it would be a huge hit to trade and or cut him outright.

If someone signs Bulger to a bigger deal, the Rams will be compensated with a 1st and 3rd rd pick. Can the Bills pull a Redskins and snatch Bulger Like Washington did with Laverneous Coles?

And could the Bills Get that 3rd rd back by dealing Ruben Brown to a team like the Giants? Would the Giants or anyone else bite?

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

hrmmm... tricky one...

I have the sneaking suspicion that the reason he was not suspended is because TD promised him he was going to come back next year... I don't think he quit so much as had a fight with KG...

Or at least that is the rumor I heard… but it is way too thin a rumor to not let you all know its only that… a rumor.

If Ruben was going to be gone next year, i think the team would have suspended him not given him a leave of absence... if a story comes out Ruben had spoken with TD last week, i think you can bank on this rumor as truth.

BTW: Ralph loves Ruben, and Ruben bleeds Bills red, white and blue... I just have problems believing we'd cut him when we'd effectively be giving him up and gaining no cap space.
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

I don't think the Bills would cut him outright to save a measly $36,000 in cap space either- thus the trade option.

If the reason he missed the game was because he pulled a Buddy Ryan on Gillbride- I have to completely apologize about my earlier comments about his being a "quitter"

(Not that I think he handled it well)

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

Well, for a 3rd most every team in the nfl would bite on that deal... but i'd rather not take Bulger... in essence, he's a mediocre QB surrounded by Pro Bowl and hall of fame talent.

The rams win in spite of Bulger, not because of him.

NFL value for RB could be as high as a late 1st round pick (there's always a sucker) to a mid 2nd round pick
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• eyedog
            • Jul 2002

Ingtar for being a scout you are way off base on Rubens trade value. No way does any team give up a 1st or 2nd rd. pick for a 30+ old guard, especially at that salary.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by eyedog
              Ingtar for being a scout you are way off base on Rubens trade value. No way does any team give up a 1st or 2nd rd. pick for a 30+ old guard, especially at that salary.

I agree! If anyone offered us a 3rd rounder I'd take it and run!

What did the Rams give up for Turley last year? No way Ruben would bring the same or better!

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

Damn I am not a violent person at all but I sure wish RB kicked the crap out of KG...it would have been great seeing him limping with a couple black eyes today

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                hrmmm... tricky one...

I have the sneaking suspicion that the reason he was not suspended is because TD promised him he was going to come back next year... I don't think he quit so much as had a fight with KG...

Or at least that is the rumor I heard… but it is way too thin a rumor to not let you all know its only that… a rumor.

If Ruben was going to be gone next year, i think the team would have suspended him not given him a leave of absence... if a story comes out Ruben had spoken with TD last week, i think you can bank on this rumor as truth.

BTW: Ralph loves Ruben, and Ruben bleeds Bills red, white and blue... I just have problems believing we'd cut him when we'd effectively be giving him up and gaining no cap space.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by eyedog
                  No offense, eyedog- even though Ingtar himself say's he's not 100% right all the time (no one is- except my wife but I'd lean more in his evaluation of RB's value any of us.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                    • Jul 2002

The rams gave up a #2 for a 27 year old tackle(Turley) last year. No way we are going to get a #1 or #2 for a 32 year old guard. No way in Hell.

Comment

• eyedog
                      • Jul 2002

Thats how I see it also Fairway. I hope we are wrong and the Bills can get an early pick for him, but I don't think so. He's not even a tackle. I actually don't think they will get anything more than a very late pick at best.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                        Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                        • Aug 2002

Is Hasselbeck (Tim) an FA next year? He's looked pretty solid for Washington. Would at least make a good backup for Buffalo.
                        Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• HenryRules
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
                          The rams gave up a #2 for a 27 year old tackle(Turley) last year. No way we are going to get a #1 or #2 for a 32 year old guard. No way in Hell.
                          However, Turley is also known as having a disruptive personality on the team - something that can be very harmful for an OL. Although his attitude helped the Rams line, it was seen as a drawback before the trade.

On the other hand, aside from this incident, Ruben has always been known as a teammate that everyone liked (as far as I know).

Comment

• eyedog
                            • Jul 2002

I'll take Turley's game and his disruptive personality over Rubens overrated game and his likeability.

Comment

• The Natrix
                              • Jul 2002

I don't think the Bills could even get a fourth for R. Brown.

Byrd.

Comment

Working...
                              X