PDA

View Full Version : draft question for ingtar

shadowfax
12-27-2003, 08:24 PM
going into this draft, who do you think are the top 5 quarterbacks, ranked, and the top 5 WRs? Here's what I'm thinking...

1. big ben
2. eli manning
3. phil rivers
4. jp losman
5. navarre

(I'm very curious about josh harris, and would love to see us snag him in the 3rd if we don't go QB in rounds 1-2.)

WRs

1. LFitzgerald (man, I'd be thrilled if we traded up)
2. roy williams
3. reggie williams
4. lee evans (knee a concern, but mature and fast)
5. rashaun woods

Also...if Winslow, Reggie Williams, and Sean Taylor are available, who would you take?

Give us your draft picture, buddy. Youda ming, after all.

TigerJ
12-27-2003, 10:59 PM
I'm not Ingtar, but I'll express an opinion. I think the first four on your QB list are probably a fair ranking. Some might still put Losman ahead of Rivers, but Rivers has been rising despite questions about how his mechanics will translate to the NFL. I don't think Navarre is the fifth best though. Probably Clausen or Schaub ought to be in that spot.

I think Lee Evans has pretty well put the knee questions behind him with an excellent senior campaign.

The Jokeman
12-27-2003, 11:18 PM
Until we know who's here and who isn't, the draft still a big question mark. Right now I see our biggest need of improvement are (1)O-line play (2)Pass Rush (3)QB play.

That said I would NOT take a QB with our 1st pick rather I'd go with a DE like Will Smith or else TE Kellen Winslow. I'd also consider S Sean Taylor if none of the above are available as I'm also not in favor of taking a WR high unless it's Fitzgerald or one of the Williams'.

That said Antoine Winfield leaves and we don't get a replacement for him in free agency then I'd grab a CB with our top pick, my favorite being Derek Strait of Oklahoma.

TigerJ
12-28-2003, 12:21 PM
I'm thinking along the same lines as you, Jokeman. Those who advocate drafting offensive line in round one just aren't looking at who might be available. The answer is probably no one for offensive line. It's a definite need but it will have to wait for later rounds.

DraftBoy
12-28-2003, 02:05 PM
It all depends really on your flavor and what happens over the course of the next few months until April. With Drew (possibly) being cut that bumps QB as our #1 priority. IF we manage to somehow trade RB for a decent pick (3rd round or above) then we can breathe a little easier. We need to get our HC situated and from there determine our schemes and the player we need for those. As for QB rankings: 1-4 are correct with 3 and 4 being interchangable as Tiger said, but at 5 Schaub, Pickett, Harris, or Smoker could be put there. Beyond that there is a dropoff where you will find the Clausen's, Lorenzen's and sleeper guys picked like Richard Kent. With all our depth and assuming we dont get rid of Blewsoe, Id rather us take Kent in the 5th round. And take care of DE, DT, and OL in the first 4. Kenechi Udeze out of USC looks to be a terrific pick, or if we decide to take a little bit of a drop off say 4-5 spots then we could grab DE David Pollack. As for DT Darnell Dockett could be avail mid round 2, or if you would prefer WR we could go Micheal Jenkins or Ernest Wilford. other DT's include Marcu Tubbs or Martin Lavalais. Then addres OT, OG, or OC, with the next pick. Followed by either WR or DT then QB. Here is an example:

1. DE Keneche Udezei
2. DT Martin Lavalias
3. OG Chris Kemoeatu
4. OT Carlos Joseph
5. QB Richard Kent
6. WR Jonathan Smith
7. FS Dakari Pearson

Thats just a basic outline.