• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

"Thank Gilbride for final bumble"

From the Rochester D & C:

If you had to script the way the Bills’ season should have ended Saturday afternoon, losing 31-0 to the Patriots— the same Patriots team they beat 31-0 to start the year — would have sufficed.

But in a year when the offensive performance of this Buffalo team brought back bleak memories of the darkest period in franchise history — the back-to-back 2-14 seasons of 1984 and ‘85 — the 31-0 finale wasn’t quite perfect enough.

Nope, it took offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride to make it fool-proof perfect.

There the Bills were, first-and-goal at the Patriots 1-yard line with 17 seconds left to play, desperate to score a touchdown and break New England’s shutout.

With third-string quarterback Travis Brown in the game and one timeout left, the situation screamed for a running play, and if it didn’t work, you call time and draw up another play.

Take a guess what Gilbride did? You guessed it. A pass play to tight end Dave Moore. Predictably, Larry Izzo intercepted for New England to preserve the shutout and very likely end Gilbride’s tenure in Buffalo.

Good riddance.

• Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

It was perfect. The arrogant jerk just never learns.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

i want to see somebody argue that article.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
        i want to see somebody argue that article.
        There is no possible way to argue that...KG was given enough rope...that interception was the trap door falling out from underneath him.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
          My IQ Test results came back negative
          • Oct 2002

Henry should really punch that guy.

Comment

• helmetguy
            Touch the helmet for luck
            • Sep 2002

As a Season Ticket/Club Seat/ Luxury Box promotion, they ought to have a "Punch Kevin Gilbride Day" at the Ralph; right before he's fired, of course.
            Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
            And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

I wonder if Gilbride is actually one of those idiot savants...

"I'm definately not running the ball..."

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

You've got the idiot part right
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• madness23
                  • Apr 2003

Is anybody else scared that the new incoming coach would be stupid enought to keep KG around?

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness23
                    Is anybody else scared that the new incoming coach would be stupid enought to keep KG around?
                    I doubt anyone would want him if they watched the game yesterday!
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                    X