PDA

View Full Version : "Thank Gilbride for final bumble"

shelby
12-28-2003, 06:05 AM
From the Rochester D & C: (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/bills/1228NR2PE8T_sports.shtml)

If you had to script the way the Bills’ season should have ended Saturday afternoon, losing 31-0 to the Patriots— the same Patriots team they beat 31-0 to start the year — would have sufficed.

But in a year when the offensive performance of this Buffalo team brought back bleak memories of the darkest period in franchise history — the back-to-back 2-14 seasons of 1984 and ‘85 — the 31-0 finale wasn’t quite perfect enough.

Nope, it took offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride to make it fool-proof perfect.

There the Bills were, first-and-goal at the Patriots 1-yard line with 17 seconds left to play, desperate to score a touchdown and break New England’s shutout.

With third-string quarterback Travis Brown in the game and one timeout left, the situation screamed for a running play, and if it didn’t work, you call time and draw up another play.

Take a guess what Gilbride did? You guessed it. A pass play to tight end Dave Moore. Predictably, Larry Izzo intercepted for New England to preserve the shutout and very likely end Gilbride’s tenure in Buffalo.

Good riddance.

:wave:

Jan Reimers
12-28-2003, 07:01 AM
It was perfect. The arrogant jerk just never learns.

SABURZFAN
12-28-2003, 07:17 AM
i want to see somebody argue that article.

Ebenezer
12-28-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
i want to see somebody argue that article.

There is no possible way to argue that...KG was given enough rope...that interception was the trap door falling out from underneath him.

BillsOwnAll
12-28-2003, 09:19 AM
Henry should really punch that guy.

helmetguy
12-28-2003, 12:50 PM
As a Season Ticket/Club Seat/ Luxury Box promotion, they ought to have a "Punch Kevin Gilbride Day" at the Ralph; right before he's fired, of course.

Historian
12-28-2003, 01:50 PM
I wonder if Gilbride is actually one of those idiot savants...

"I'm definately not running the ball..."

The_Philster
12-28-2003, 02:20 PM
You've got the idiot part right

madness
12-28-2003, 02:45 PM
Is anybody else scared that the new incoming coach would be stupid enought to keep KG around?

mybills
12-28-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by madness23
Is anybody else scared that the new incoming coach would be stupid enought to keep KG around?

I doubt anyone would want him if they watched the game yesterday!