PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe poll

The_Philster
12-28-2003, 11:18 AM
Should the Bills bring back Drew Bledsoe next season?
Attached are the current results on ESPN.com.
Let's check what we all think.

Novacane
12-28-2003, 11:39 AM
Probably all fin, pats and Jets fans voting for him to stay here!

justasportsfan
12-28-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Probably all fin, pats and Jets fans voting for him to stay here! :snicker:

MTBillsFan
12-28-2003, 04:05 PM
at the right price, he could be one heck of a proven back up

Novacane
12-28-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by MTBillsFan
at the right price, he could be one heck of a proven back up

Yeah....................for the vet minimum!

SABURZFAN
12-28-2003, 06:21 PM
he'll be back if they redo his contract.

caveboy
12-28-2003, 10:12 PM
Draft a QB and keep Bledsoe as a mentor. Wait, tried the mentor thing with Flutie. Yeah, that worked out well. Seriously though, draft a QB. However, something tells me Drew will remain as the starter. TD and Ralph are telling themselves it ain't Bledsoe's fault - it's the line!

Dozerdog
12-28-2003, 11:08 PM
Of the 18 who voted yes, only 1 non-Bills fan

Of the 11 who voted no, 1 non- Bills fan

Novacane
12-28-2003, 11:20 PM
I meant the fans in the ESPN poll.

Dozerdog
12-28-2003, 11:24 PM
Where is the poll located on espn?

The bills page or a page with general NFL content?

Interesting- 62% of ESPN voters say keep him, 62% of Zoners say keep him

38% ESPN Voters say dump him, 38% of Zoners say dump him

The Natrix
12-28-2003, 11:33 PM
why on earth would we ge rid of our savior?

..Not to mention he is the greatest QB to ever play the game.

Novacane
12-28-2003, 11:34 PM
Not sure where Phil got that. I would like to know who are the 2 people who voted to bring him back without a paycut. As much as I want him gone I can live with him comming back with a paycut. If they pay him his 6mill salary plut that bonus TD should have his head examined.

The_Philster
12-29-2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Not sure where Phil got that. I would like to know who are the 2 people who voted to bring him back without a paycut. As much as I want him gone I can live with him comming back with a paycut. If they pay him his 6mill salary plut that bonus TD should have his head examined.
That was directly off of http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/index. The poll has changed since then. I wonder if the two who voted yes with the pay raise realize just what he's expected to get. Even if he had had a stellar year, which we are all in agreement that he didn't, he wouldn't deserve that kind of money.

Halbert
12-29-2003, 07:11 AM
There's absolutely no way they're going to pay him that kind of money. He has no leverage right now because no other team will pay him that. The Bills have all the cards and I'm sure they'll use them to get him to take a pay cut.

Still, if the OL gets fixed I like his chances to stay. With Henry and Magahee in the backfield it shouldn't be too difficult to establish a powerful running game to compliment what will be a stifling defense. Under that scenario, Bledsoe just has to be a caretaker and without all the pressure for him to do it all (and without guys in his face every play) he could be excellent in that role.

But not at the current price tag, that's for sure.

justasportsfan
12-29-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by caveboy
Draft a QB and keep Bledsoe as a mentor. Wait, tried the mentor thing with Flutie. Yeah, that worked out well. Seriously though, draft a QB. However, something tells me Drew will remain as the starter. TD and Ralph are telling themselves it ain't Bledsoe's fault - it's the line!

Van Pelt would be a great mentor. He reads the field way better than Drew can. Drew can tech the new kid on the block to lock onto Moulds and let the D see it. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, Drew is awsome at play fakes but AVP would be a better "teacher". He didn't break Marino's records for being a doufus. He just doesn't have the physical abilities but is one smart qb.

The_Philster
12-29-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Van Pelt would be a great mentor. He reads the field way better than Drew can. Drew can tech the new kid on the block to lock onto Moulds and let the D see it. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, Drew is awsome at play fakes but AVP would be a better "teacher". He didn't break Marino's records for being a doufus. He just doesn't have the physical abilities but is one smart qb.

I wonder if AVP would be willing to be a QBs coach