X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Belichick is one class act! *cough*

I can't believe he called a timeout to bring in his starting defense to maintain the shutout. I'm suprised nobody is making a big deal of this. That guy is a real jerk and I hope once we get our sh#$ together next year we remember this moment and take it out on him as his team. To end the season like this and that bastard has the nerve to twist the knife even more.

I thought I could never hate a team as much as I hate the Patriots now. I hope they get knocked out of the playoffs in their first game.
  • helmetguy
    Touch the helmet for luck
    • Sep 2002

We pretty much did the same thing in the home opener to preserve the shutout, didn't we?
    Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
    And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

We had Gilbride calling plays. He was gonna screw up anyway.
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

When a team has a chance to get a shutout, coaches often feel they owe it to the defensive players to give them the best opportunity to make it happen.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

I woulda done the same thing, how often to teams get a shutout, let alone against a team that shut them out earlier in the season
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• helmetguy
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
            We had Gilbride calling plays. He was gonna screw up anyway.
            Spoken by a true master of the blatantly obvious!

-Deep Purple

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Jul 2003

we didnt do that in the first game because it was coy wire who made the pass int that put it on the one and then he made the stop on a. smith to preserve the shut out.

+ how about the way the f#er had brady out there slinging it down field up 28 in the 3rd quarter on every down. he wanted to run up the score!

Comment

• samhain1961
                • Sep 2003

Besides, who cares?

Why wouldn't he want to ride into the playoffs on a shutout rather than "giving" the Bills a late score?

And as far as class goes, I'd MUCH rather have a "classless" coach that goes for the jugular like Billichick did yesterday than a "classy" guy like GW who bumbles away game after game.
                "Be nice... until it's time to NOT be nice"
                -Jim

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by samhain1961
                  And as far as class goes, I'd MUCH rather have a "classless" coach that goes for the jugular like Billichick did yesterday than a "classy" guy like GW who bumbles away game after game.
                  I completely agree.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• helmetguy
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                    I completely agree.
                    Okay. Who are you? And what have you done with LOG?

-Deep Purple

Comment

• HAMMER
                      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                      • Jul 2003

Mad-

You won't get your chance at retribution for a long time. The Patriots are going to rule the roost in the AFC East for years to come. They have two number ones and two number twos in the next draft. A QB that is playing extremely well, a top notch defense, good personnel evaluation, and the best coaching in the league.

It is depressing but true, I don't like it anymore than you do.

Comment

• madness23
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by HAMMER
                        Mad-

You won't get your chance at retribution for a long time. The Patriots are going to rule the roost in the AFC East for years to come. They have two number ones and two number twos in the next draft. A QB that is playing extremely well, a top notch defense, good personnel evaluation, and the best coaching in the league.

I was hoping nobody would bring that up. I wouldn't be worried about any of those other things, but the great coaching is what going to kill us. That's the main reason why they're so dominate in our division.

I'm worried we are going to bring in another *lame duck* coach. I don't think Haslett or Fassel are the answer and TD better not bring in another *friend* (Like Haslett). Otherwise KG might still have a job in Buffalo.

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by samhain1961
                          Besides, who cares?

Very well put. My feelings exactly.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by HAMMER
                            Mad-

Sounds true, but.......at the begining of this season who woulda thought the Buc's wouldn't even make the playoffs this year ? They seemed like a shoe in to repeat as champs.

Predictions are well.. just predictions. They play the games for a reason. There are no more dynastys in pro football.
                            The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness23
                              I can't believe he called a timeout to bring in his starting defense to maintain the shutout. I'm suprised nobody is making a big deal of this. That guy is a real jerk and I hope once we get our sh#$ together next year we remember this moment and take it out on him as his team. To end the season like this and that bastard has the nerve to twist the knife even more.

I thought I could never hate a team as much as I hate the Patriots now. I hope they get knocked out of the playoffs in their first game.
                              Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
                              we didnt do that in the first game because it was coy wire who made the pass int that put it on the one and then he made the stop on a. smith to preserve the shut out.

+ how about the way the f#er had brady out there slinging it down field up 28 in the 3rd quarter on every down. he wanted to run up the score!

Larry Izzo made the INT to finish the game while starter Teddy Bruschi was on the sidelines.

I saw no issue with it.

We put in a Better player in Brown for the 4th, why can't they?

Comment

Working...
                              X