PDA

View Full Version : Drew Bledsoe since the bye week

BillsFever
12-28-2003, 02:54 PM
As most of you know over his entrie career he has been worse in the 2nd half then he was in the first half. Who would've thought it would get this bad though?

Thanks for stepping up to the plate when we needed you the most again, Drew.

106-215, 1,112 yards, 5.17, 5 TD's, 4 INT's,

11 rushes, 13 yards, 1 TD

25 Sacks-189 yards, 8 fumbles

936 Total yards, 6 TD's, 12 TO's

Average game: 13.25-26.87, 117 yards, 3 sacks, .08 TD's, 1.5 TO's

I hope Tom Donahoe keeps Drew. There is no way we will replace them stats for a price tag under the 13 million dollars Drew will make next year.

BillsFever
12-28-2003, 02:58 PM
Add in last years TD's and INT's through the last 8 games and this is what Drew has given us in the 2nd half of both seasons.

16 TD's, 28 TO's, 5-11 record

Thanks, Drew

BillsFever
12-28-2003, 03:01 PM
Over the last 24 games...

21 TD's, 39 TO's, 9-15 record

mybills
12-28-2003, 03:14 PM
13 mil???? I thought it was 6? :scratch:

BillsFever
12-28-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by mybills
13 mil???? I thought it was 6? :scratch:

He has a 7 million dollar bonus due to him on Nov.1 if he is on the roster. It has to be paid next year.

Dozerdog
12-28-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever
He has a 7 million dollar bonus due to him on Nov.1 if he is on the roster. It has to be paid next year.

I beleive that is incorrect.

He has a 7 million bonus that the Bills must decide to excersize in November. ..if they want to retain him in 2005.

No team wold ever sign a contract with a player that would make them decide to cut or keep him mid season. That makes no sense.

It wil be negotiated in the offseason- that's why Bledsoe's people had it put in when he was with thePats- to force NE (or whomever) to make up their minds during this offseason.

Dozerdog
12-28-2003, 04:02 PM
Hey BF- it's a long offseason- don't burn yourself out ranting about the QB too soon! :up:

Pace yourself!

BillsFever
12-28-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I beleive that is incorrect.

He has a 7 million bonus that the Bills must decide to excersize in November. ..if they want to retain him in 2005.

No team wold ever sign a contract with a player that would make them decide to cut or keep him mid season. That makes no sense.

It wil be negotiated in the offseason- that's why Bledsoe's people had it put in when he was with thePats- to force NE (or whomever) to make up their minds during this offseason.

I'm just going off of what Eb and Clump said a couple weeks ago.

Hey BF- it's a long offseason- don't burn yourself out ranting about the QB too soon! :up:

Pace yourself!

I can go all winter and summer. I have plenty more in reserves.

BillsFever
12-28-2003, 04:14 PM
Whether it counts against the cap or not, it would cost us 13 million dollars to pick up his option in November.

6 million dollar salary + 7 million dollar bonus= 13 million.

Dozerdog
12-28-2003, 04:17 PM
Can you dig that post up?

I'm positive in my conversations with them it's an option they must pull the trigger on by November to retain him for 2005. Now the bonus might get spread a bit into 2004's cap- as well into 2005, 2006, and hoever long the years specify......but if they don't pullt he trigger on it then it's a moot issue.

Plus, it's not a 13 mill hit in one season.

Dozerdog
12-28-2003, 04:19 PM
Regardless... it will be negotiated in this offseason.

BillsFever
12-28-2003, 04:53 PM
Can you dig that post up?

Yep

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34729

CWOUSARET
12-28-2003, 05:00 PM
You know we in the western hemisphere like to blame the person and ignore the challenge by not giving good complete alternative suggestions on how to address the challenge. Where the people in the eastern hemisphere address the challenge and nurture the person. If you can make any responsible suggestions as to who would come in and have a pro-bowl year - then I'm all ears (he did have an all pro year last year and a terrible year this year). If you are going to suggest a project or unproven talent - then that is not addressing the challenge - it's just bashing for bashing's sake. Bledsoe will be back next year and he will have a better year - providing we have a better o'line. If you compare the play of our o'line last year to this year - that is what will make you need a bucket. EVERYTHING BEGINS AND ENDS WITH THE OFFENSIVE LINE!!!!!!!

BillsFever
12-28-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by CWOUSARET
You know we in the western hemisphere like to blame the person and ignore the challenge by not giving good complete alternative suggestions on how to address the challenge. Where the people in the eastern hemisphere address the challenge and nurture the person. If you can make any responsible suggestions as to who would come in and have a pro-bowl year - then I'm all ears (he did have an all pro year last year and a terrible year this year). If you are going to suggest a project or unproven talent - then that is not addressing the challenge - it's just bashing for bashing's sake. Bledsoe will be back next year and he will have a better year - providing we have a better o'line. If you compare the play of our o'line last year to this year - that is what will make you need a bucket. EVERYTHING BEGINS AND ENDS WITH THE OFFENSIVE LINE!!!!!!!

Any QB can get us 11 TD's, 23 TO's, 49 Sacks, and 6 wins for a 1/3 of the price.

I don't wanna hear about his big pro bowl year last year. 8 TD's and 16 TO's the final 8 games of the season doesn't make for a good season in my book.

What has he done over the last 5 years besides a good 1/2 of a season in 2002? I don't think you want me to pull up his numbers.

How about his record against winning teams on the road? He averages a win in about every 7 tries there.

How about his record over the last 65 games? A whopping 19 wins out of them contests.

Is there many QB's available next year? Nope, there really never is because people keep the good ones(Like BB keeping Brady and dumping Drew on us)

To pay an overrated below average QB 8+ million just because "there isn't anybody else" out there isn't a smart move in my book. Just because you have heard about him doesn't mean he is a good player. Just like if you haven't heard of him doesn't mean he is a bad player. I guess you want a team full of "name" players without the production?

We could pick up somebody like Mark Brunell for 1/3 of the price for more production. We could pick up an average caretaker and pay him 1-2 million dollars while we groom a draft choice.

All of them are better options or just as good as options for 1/3 of the price tag.

There is nothing Bledsoe can do anymore that any other QB can't do. The bad thing is there are tons of things other QB's can do that Bledsoe can't do.

Settling for this loser because there "is nothing else out there" is a cop out IMO.

There are a lot of teams out there a hell of a lot worse off then we are but yet their QB's had a better year then Drew. Drew had the least amount of TD's out of any starting QB but the most fumbles out of any starting QB, and just about the most overall TO's then any other starting QB. There are backups who played half the snaps as Drew with more TD's.

Settling on Drew because "there is nobody else out there" or because he is a "big name" QB reminds me of people who keep old cars around because they were once good.

Like the people who will keep a 1988 old clunker around even though it's a money pit just because it "used" to be a cool car.

Even though they could get rid of that car for something more productive at a lower cost per year average, or hang that car up and get another car that will cost them less to maintain but will give them the same production in the long run, they will continue to hold onto it just because it used to be cool about 5 years ago.

Hey it looks cool while it's sitting on blocks in the driveway just like Drew looks cool because he is tall and has a really strong arm.

No sense of hanging onto garbage when you know it will always stink. Throw it in the trash and start over with some cheaper bags.