Breaking News: Gregg Williams Officially To Be Fired!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deathadder
    • Mar 2003

Breaking News: Gregg Williams Officially To Be Fired!!!

While it appears Dave Wannstedt will keep his job in Miami, four other coaches won't be as fortunate.

Also, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Sunday that three more coaches will be relieved of their duties this week:

In Buffalo, Gregg Williams is expected to be fired Tuesday after three seasons in which he went 17-31. The Bills do, however, plan to bring back quarterback Drew Bledsoe.

In Chicago, Dick Jauron should get word Monday that he will be fired. Jauron's Bears finished the year at 7-9 and went 37-46 in Jauron's five seasons, including 0-1 in the postseason.

In Oakland, sources say Bill Callahan will lose his job after two seasons as coach. Callahan's Raiders are currently 4-11 one season after making it to the Super Bowl.
    http://www.gizmogamer.com - Your #1 source for the latest gaming, gadgets, and technology news!
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

ESPN has been reporting this for a while, but its not "official" untill it comes from One Bills Drive.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Winfield_26
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Also in unofficial news, the Bills will probably hire Jim Fassel as previously reported by Mort. Sorry no link.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Winfield_26
        Also in unofficial news, the Bills will probably hire Jim Fassel as previously reported by Mort. Sorry no link.
        Fron the same story-
        While team officials have not yet apprised McGinnis of his status, the Cardinals have been conducting background checks for weeks now on potential replacements. Through intermediaries, the Cardinals and former Minnesota Vikings coach Dennis Green have expressed mutual interest in each other.

Another possible candidate is Jim Fassel, who on Sunday coached his final game with the New York Giants, and who once served as the offensive coordinator for the Cardinals. The club has also checked on University of Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz.

I wouln't put Fassel's name in stone yet.

Comment

• shelby
          The Vanilla *****
          • Jul 2002

Why the :angry: would they wait til Tuesday?
          Is this some kind of conspiracy?

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

There is usually a day or two of post season activity- exit physicals for players, debreifings, cleaning out the lockers and offices....grovelling and shoe kissing after the meeting....the usual

Comment

• shelby
              The Vanilla *****
              • Jul 2002

Well...that :angry:ing sucks copiously.

Comment

• Winfield_26
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog

Fron the same story-
                While team officials have not yet apprised McGinnis of his status, the Cardinals have been conducting background checks for weeks now on potential replacements. Through intermediaries, the Cardinals and former Minnesota Vikings coach Dennis Green have expressed mutual interest in each other.

Another possible candidate is Jim Fassel, who on Sunday coached his final game with the New York Giants, and who once served as the offensive coordinator for the Cardinals. The club has also checked on University of Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz.

I wouln't put Fassel's name in stone yet.
                Yea but heres hoping we get him
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

While he's an improvement over what we got- I'd still have a lot of others on my list ahead of Fassel. His 2003 season is juat as bad if not worse than Gregg Williams'

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                    • Jul 2002

I'm not necessarily for it, but a lot of rumors have Haslett coming here.
                    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

I'd have Haslett over Fassel on my list....but I'd still rather see a few others ahead on my lists.

Both Haslett and Fassel would probably keep the defensive coaches together - Fassell because he's an offensive guy and if he's got a D that works why mess with it. Haslett because he's been on the same staffs as LeBeau. (Steelers)

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                        • Jul 2002

I would not be upset if Fassel came here but like Dozer there are quite a few I'd rather see before him

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

what are they waiting for?get rid of the bum NOW!!!!!
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Jaded 7
                            Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                            • Jul 2002

I posted this big news yesterday. :)

As Ruben Brown sitting out this is any possible indicator, BillsReport.com has learned from sources with The New York Times that Gregg Williams is to be formally excused from the Buffalo Bills organization sometime Monday or possibly early Tuesday. Here's the link the the whole story..... http://bills.theinsiders

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                            Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                            The only answer I found for all this hurt
                            Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

i just saw it flash across the bottom on ESPN.these guys better be right.
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X