PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Gregg Williams Officially To Be Fired!!!

deathadder
12-28-2003, 04:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1695336

Also, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Sunday that three more coaches will be relieved of their duties this week:

In Buffalo, Gregg Williams is expected to be fired Tuesday after three seasons in which he went 17-31. The Bills do, however, plan to bring back quarterback Drew Bledsoe.

In Chicago, Dick Jauron should get word Monday that he will be fired. Jauron's Bears finished the year at 7-9 and went 37-46 in Jauron's five seasons, including 0-1 in the postseason.

In Oakland, sources say Bill Callahan will lose his job after two seasons as coach. Callahan's Raiders are currently 4-11 one season after making it to the Super Bowl.

TigerJ
12-28-2003, 04:48 PM
ESPN has been reporting this for a while, but its not "official" untill it comes from One Bills Drive.

DraftBoy
12-28-2003, 04:54 PM
Also in unofficial news, the Bills will probably hire Jim Fassel as previously reported by Mort. Sorry no link.

Dozerdog
12-28-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
Also in unofficial news, the Bills will probably hire Jim Fassel as previously reported by Mort. Sorry no link.

Fron the same story-
While team officials have not yet apprised McGinnis of his status, the Cardinals have been conducting background checks for weeks now on potential replacements. Through intermediaries, the Cardinals and former Minnesota Vikings coach Dennis Green have expressed mutual interest in each other.

Another possible candidate is Jim Fassel, who on Sunday coached his final game with the New York Giants, and who once served as the offensive coordinator for the Cardinals. The club has also checked on University of Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz.

I wouln't put Fassel's name in stone yet.

shelby
12-28-2003, 05:25 PM
Why the :angry: would they wait til Tuesday?
Is this some kind of conspiracy?:huh:

Dozerdog
12-28-2003, 05:28 PM
There is usually a day or two of post season activity- exit physicals for players, debreifings, cleaning out the lockers and offices....grovelling and shoe kissing after the meeting....the usual

shelby
12-28-2003, 05:29 PM
Well...that :angry:ing sucks copiously.

DraftBoy
12-28-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Fron the same story-
While team officials have not yet apprised McGinnis of his status, the Cardinals have been conducting background checks for weeks now on potential replacements. Through intermediaries, the Cardinals and former Minnesota Vikings coach Dennis Green have expressed mutual interest in each other.

Another possible candidate is Jim Fassel, who on Sunday coached his final game with the New York Giants, and who once served as the offensive coordinator for the Cardinals. The club has also checked on University of Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz.

I wouln't put Fassel's name in stone yet.

Yea but heres hoping we get him :pray:

Dozerdog
12-28-2003, 05:45 PM
While he's an improvement over what we got- I'd still have a lot of others on my list ahead of Fassel. His 2003 season is juat as bad if not worse than Gregg Williams'

Turf
12-28-2003, 05:56 PM
I'm not necessarily for it, but a lot of rumors have Haslett coming here.

Dozerdog
12-28-2003, 05:59 PM
I'd have Haslett over Fassel on my list....but I'd still rather see a few others ahead on my lists.

Both Haslett and Fassel would probably keep the defensive coaches together - Fassell because he's an offensive guy and if he's got a D that works why mess with it. Haslett because he's been on the same staffs as LeBeau. (Steelers)

Novacane
12-28-2003, 05:59 PM
I would not be upset if Fassel came here but like Dozer there are quite a few I'd rather see before him

SABURZFAN
12-28-2003, 06:08 PM
what are they waiting for?get rid of the bum NOW!!!!!

Valerie
12-28-2003, 06:24 PM
I posted this big news yesterday. :)

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35080

SABURZFAN
12-28-2003, 06:34 PM
i just saw it flash across the bottom on ESPN.these guys better be right.:club:

MTBillsFan
12-28-2003, 07:27 PM
I don't know how many people just saw this but ESPN said that the Bills WILL fire Gregg Williams! Finally...a bright spot in the season!

shelby
12-28-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by MTBillsFan
I don't know how many people just saw this but ESPN said that the Bills WILL fire Gregg Williams! Finally...a bright spot in the season!

Thanks MT...i merged your thread with this one. As you can see, Jaded posted the news first in a thread yesterday.....http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sh...&threadid=35080

i won't believe anything until it is officially announced.:skeptic:

MTBillsFan
12-28-2003, 07:39 PM
My bad on that! I didn't scroll down far enough on my page!

shelby
12-28-2003, 07:46 PM
No worries...thanks for posting the info!:up:

The_Philster
12-28-2003, 07:47 PM
yeah...the more sources report it, the more likely it is to happen :biggrin:

justasportsfan
12-28-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by shelby

Thanks MT...i merged your thread with this one. As you can see, Jaded posted the news first in a thread yesterday.....http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sh...&threadid=35080

i won't believe anything until it is officially announced.:skeptic:

You are one hell of a busy MOD.Always on top of things. We'll see how long that lasts. BTW, any chance you can ban Phil? :snicker:

:jk: Phil...buddy.

The_Philster
12-28-2003, 07:52 PM
justa :chair: Phil :biggrin:

Valerie
12-28-2003, 07:53 PM
Justafan, EMPTY your mailbox!!!!!

justasportsfan
12-28-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
Justafan, EMPTY your mailbox!!!!!

I did an hour ago right after I had ice cream being lactose intolerant and all. Oh you meant my......done.

Valerie
12-28-2003, 08:02 PM
It's not done because I still can't send you the PM.

justasportsfan
12-28-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
It's not done because I still can't send you the PM.

It should be empty now. Man , I didn't know people hated me this much. So many death threats PM'ed to me.

sabreshockey096
12-28-2003, 11:09 PM
this is such good news williams is gone ONE DOWN ONE TO GO!!! just gotta get rid of KG now as far as new coaches id like to see fassel or hasslet if he is fired

The_Philster
12-29-2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
It should be empty now. Man , I didn't know people hated me this much. So many death threats PM'ed to me.

Damn...I thought you'd deny receipt on that one. :ontome:

Brian Griese Rulz
12-29-2003, 06:01 AM
How do you get fired when your not under contract to coach next year? :idunno:

And please don't bring Fassel in. He's done less with more talent then what Gregg had to work with.