PDA

View Full Version : What to do with Brown??

DraftBoy
12-28-2003, 05:13 PM
He looked good yesterday: 11/14 for 119 yds and 1 INT. He did last year too and then sucked it up in the preseason. What to do....

Dozerdog
12-28-2003, 05:15 PM
Get rid of him and get a proven backup as well as draft a kid for the future

lordofgun
12-28-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Get rid of him and get a proven backup as well as draft a kid for the future

Don't you think we should leave that up to the next coach? ;)

Dozerdog
12-28-2003, 05:17 PM
:lol:

The_Philster
12-28-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
He looked good yesterday: 11/14 for 119 yds and 1 INT. He did last year too and then sucked it up in the preseason. What to do....

We can pray we play against Prevent all next season and start him :D

BillsFever
12-28-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
We can pray we play against Prevent all next season and start him :D

Oh don't give me this crap about playing against the Prevent defense.

The Pats sure looked like they were trying when they were sending corner blitzes at him. That doesn't sound like much of a prevent to me.

Look at all the games we got blown away in and Drew still couldn't move the ball even though the teams were taking it easy in their "prevent" defense.

Drew's last play of the game was a fumble. Brown came in on the next drive and looked better. I guess the next drive after they finally beat Bledsoe into the ground for the final kill they decided to play it easy? I don't buy that at all.

It probably seemed like the prevent to Bledsoe lovers because they were not blitzing 6- 8 guys every play. They didn't blitz 6-8 guys every play because Bledsoe was out of the game.

The fact is Bledsoe gets blitzed more then any other QB because he is too stupid to read the blitz and defense and get the ball off to the proper option. You blitz him and you win. It's as simple as that.

90% of the QB's in the NFL would be drooling and licking their chops if the defense blitzed them every play. They would shred them in half.

It's no coincidence the Pats stopped blitzing after Drew was out of the game. But they were playing the "prevent" even though Drew got sacked(again) and fumbled the play prior to Brown coming in.

I guess they only decided to try on defense up till when they made Drew lose a fumble for the 8th game in a row. After that I guess they just packed it in?

If Brown would've stunk the place up then Bledose lovers would of used that as an excuse as to why Drew sucks too. "See, Travis Brown sucked too. It's not the QB's fault"

Since Brown did good though they need a backup excuse like "They wern't trying. They were in the prevent defense"

Excuses, excuses, and more excuses is all I hear. These are the same excuses Patriot fans that were Bledsoe lovers made up for him for years before his departure.

Whenever Bledsoe is around there is always talk of how you need new WR's, a new OL, and new QB coach, a new OC, and a new head coach.

If you started hearing from enough different people that they saw your friend eating *****t sandwhiches wouldn't you start to wonder if he really did eat them after a while?

There is not a big conspiracy to diss Drew Bledsoe going on. It's just facts from watching him stink the place up over and over and over and over and over again.

Dozerdog
12-28-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever

The Pats sure looked like they were trying when they were sending corner blitzes at him. That doesn't sound like much of a prevent to me.

Look at all the games we got blown away in and Drew still couldn't move the ball even though the teams were taking it easy in their "prevent" defense.

Drew's last play of the game was a fumble. Brown came in on the next drive and looked better. I guess the next drive after they finally beat Bledsoe into the ground for the final kill they decided to play it easy? I don't buy that at all.

It probably seemed like the prevent to Bledsoe lovers because they were not blitzing 6- 8 guys every play. They didn't blitz 6-8 guys every play because Bledsoe was out of the game.

The fact is Bledsoe gets blitzed more then any other QB because he is too stupid to read the blitz and defense and get the ball off to the proper option. You blitz him and you win. It's as simple as that.

90% of the QB's in the NFL would be drooling and licking their chops if the defense blitzed them every play. They would shred them in half.

It's no coincidence the Pats stopped blitzing after Drew was out of the game. But they were playing the "prevent" even though Drew got sacked(again) and fumbled the play prior to Brown coming in.

I guess they only decided to try on defense up till when they made Drew lose a fumble for the 8th game in a row. After that I guess they just packed it in?

If Brown would've stunk the place up that Bledose lovers would of used that as an excuse as to why Drew sucks too. "See, Travis Brown sucked too. It's not the QB's fault"

Since Brown did good though they need a backup excuse like "They wern't trying. They were in the prevent defense"

Excuses, excuses, and more excuses is all I hear. These are the same excuses Patriot fans that were Bledsoe lovers made up for him for years before his departure.

Whenever Bledsoe is around there is always talk of how you need new WR's, a new OL, and new QB coach, a new OC, and a new head coach.

If you started hearing from enough different people that they saw your friend eating *****t sandwhiches wouldn't you start to wonder if he really did eat them after a while?

There is not a big conspiracy to diss Drew Bledsoe going on. It's just facts from watching him stink the place up over and over and over and over and over again.

Nice rant- but it has nothing to do with the question- so- you want Brown as your starter next year?

What does Brown have to do with Drew Bledsoe sucking?

lordofgun
12-28-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever

If Brown would've stunk the place up then Bledose lovers would of used that as an excuse as to why Drew sucks too. "See, Travis Brown sucked too. It's not the QB's fault"

:eek: Wys stole BF's password?

The_Philster
12-28-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
:eek: Wys stole BF's password?

:rofl: I was thinking the same thing

BillsFever
12-28-2003, 05:57 PM
Nice rant- but it has nothing to do with the question- so- you want Brown as your starter next year?

What does Brown have to do with Drew Bledsoe sucking?

No I don't want Brown as the starter next year. I was responding to the "prevent defense" excuse now going around. But if it came down to paying Brown a million dollars a year to suck or Bledsoe 8 million dollars to suck I'll choose Brown.

I'm sure Brown could've gotten us 10 TD's and 23 TO's this year for 4 million less.

What does Brown have to do with Bledsoe sucking? Absolutely nothing at all. Bledsoe sucks on his own. It's not Brown's fault Drew is a stiff.

Novacane
12-28-2003, 06:03 PM
Fever..........................please stop being so wishy washy and tell us how you really feel about Bledsoe

casdhf
12-28-2003, 06:06 PM
The pass Brown threw to Larry Izzo was reason enough to cut him.

Dozerdog
12-28-2003, 06:09 PM
Well, the only 2 games that Brown has played in the past 3 seasons were against playoff teams who had the game in hand, playing with 3 TD or more leads, playing backups at some positions, and in some forms of prevent mode.

He's had 3 seasons to supplant Van Pelt as the #2, and he can't even do that.

Phil's comments had nothing to do with what defenses Bledsoe played against.

It's neither of our decisions if Bledsoe coms back or not. And who knows what the next coach is going to do with a healthy Henry & McGahee.

I could care less if DB is back next season, as long as we improve and win.

We get the point- DB sucks. :deadhorse

SABURZFAN
12-28-2003, 06:11 PM
rob johnson looked good in one game and got a 5 year- $25 million contract.

The_Philster
Phil's comments had nothing to do with what defenses Bledsoe played against.

Thank you. I see someone read what I said. I was only referring to Brown and how everyone gets excited that he performs well against a pass defense that I could throw against.

BillsFever

I could care less if DB is back next season, as long as we improve and win.

Then you should care if Drew is back next season. We're not going anywhere with this loser.

Novacane
12-28-2003, 06:12 PM

We get the point- DB sucks. :deadhorse

But others don't so we can't stop!:lmao:

Drewpac
12-28-2003, 06:31 PM
Everyone must know the suckiness of Drew Bledsoe!!!

MTBillsFan
12-28-2003, 07:34 PM
keep Brown as a back up get, rid of dough boy and bring in a rookie stud at QB

helmetguy
12-28-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
I was only referring to Brown and how everyone gets excited that he performs well against a pass defense that I could throw against.

I've seen Phil throw, so Brown's stats from yesterday really aren't all that!

BuffaloRanger
12-28-2003, 08:46 PM
Bills fever -

Which is it?

"The Pats sure looked like they were trying when they were sending corner blitzes at him. That doesn't sound like much of a prevent to me."

OR

"It's no coincidence the Pats stopped blitzing after Drew was out of the game. But they were playing the "prevent" even though Drew got sacked(again) and fumbled the play prior to Brown coming in."

I think Gilbride's offense (Thanks again for that one, TD) showcased Drew's weaknesses. How does a QB not throw for 100 yards - in several games? I won't be heartbroken to see DB go - if the Bills can get a proven mobile QB. Because with the O-line the Bills will have again next (Thanks for screwing us again, TD) he needs to be able to run for his life.

BillsFever
12-28-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
Bills fever -

Which is it?

"The Pats sure looked like they were trying when they were sending corner blitzes at him. That doesn't sound like much of a prevent to me."

OR

"It's no coincidence the Pats stopped blitzing after Drew was out of the game. But they were playing the "prevent" even though Drew got sacked(again) and fumbled the play prior to Brown coming in."

Have you ever heard of sarcasm before?

The_Philster
12-29-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy
I've seen Phil throw, so Brown's stats from yesterday really aren't all that!

Hey MEAT!!! :moon: