PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe should've been a Bengal

BillsFever
12-28-2003, 06:01 PM
If he would've been a Bengal at least when he sucked the joint up he could've used the excuse that it was because he was on the Bengals.

I bet they're glad they saved their draft pick now. Jon Kitna has been better and he's getting paid a million dollars a year.

Novacane
12-28-2003, 06:04 PM
Guess we know now why no other team was willing to part with a #1 pick.

BillsFever
12-28-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Guess we know now why no other team was willing to part with a #1 pick.

Yep, we got hosed.

You would've thought there would be teams standing in line to get a Top 10 QB for a 1st round pick.

Novacane
12-28-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever

Yep, we got hosed.

You would've thought there would be teams standing in line to get a Top 10 QB for a 1st round pick.

There would be teams standing in line!. Everyone else just knew what TD did not. Bledsoe is not a top 10 QB.

BillsFever
12-28-2003, 06:09 PM
There would be teams standing in line!. Everyone else just knew what TD did not. Bledsoe is not a top 10 QB.

I guess I forgot to hit the sarcasm button.

BillsFever
12-28-2003, 06:09 PM
I guess TD's scouting of Drew's warm up passes in RWS backfired on him.

Novacane
12-28-2003, 06:10 PM
Figures..........................the one time in his life Mike Brown makes a wise decison and the Bills end up the losers because of it.

SABURZFAN
12-28-2003, 06:13 PM
maybe drew should have gone to cincinatti.at least they have a better OL.

BillsFever
12-28-2003, 06:15 PM
Figures..........................the one time in his life Mike Brown makes a wise decison and the Bills end up the losers because of it.

Looks like he made Donahoe look like a fool twice.

1- Not trading for Bledsoe and us ending with him.

2- Brown getting Marvin Lewis after we passed on him and Fox for Gregg Williams.

It's not a good sign when the Bengals make you their ***** twice in 2 seasons.

The_Philster
12-28-2003, 06:16 PM
2- Brown getting Marvin Lewis after we passed on him and Fox for Gregg Williams.

Lewis wasn't passed on...get the facts straight. He turned us down

Alluro
Bledsoe is a near perfect combine QB..unfortunately, the game is played on the field and not the scouting combine. Of course he's going to look good throwing warm up passes, i have no doubt he looks great doing that. It's when he has to make plays on the field that he struggles.

Novacane

Looks like he made Donahoe look like a fool twice.

1- Not trading for Bledsoe and us ending with him.

It's not a good sign when the Bengals make you their ***** twice in 2 seasons.

Maybe we ought to rethink who the real "GENIUS" is!:eek:

SABURZFAN
12-28-2003, 06:17 PM

i thought lewis didn't want to come to buffalo.

SABURZFAN
12-28-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

i thought so.

Novacane
12-28-2003, 06:18 PM

Why do you and mike always say that? I'd like to see some proof. You are going by rumors!

The_Philster
12-28-2003, 06:19 PM
Why do you and mike always say that? I'd like to see some proof. You are going by rumors!

:lol: We've gotta dig through some old archives but we're not the only ones who said that. He didn't like our school systems or something.

SABURZFAN

Maybe we ought to rethink who the real "GENIUS" is!:eek:

real men of genius........mr. i really hate drew bledsoe........

BillsFever

We don't know what really happened behind closed doors. I know all about him and his Buffalo comments. He was probably pissed off he didn't get the job.

I'm sure it was his decision to wait 2 years for a head coaching job and end up with the Bengals from the very start?

No wonder you are a Bledsoe lover. You wil believe anything you hear(or wanna hear)

The_Philster
12-28-2003, 06:21 PM
We don't know what really happened behind closed doors. I know all about him and his Buffalo comments. He was probably pissed off he didn't get the job.

I'm sure it was his decision to wait 2 years for a head coaching job and end up with the Bengals from the very start?

No wonder you are a Bledsoe lover. You wil believe anything you hear(or wanna hear)

Because I don't see him as the sole reason for our problems like you, Wys, and others seem to doesn't make me a Bledsoe lover. :rolleyes: I just don't subscribe to the theory that it's always the QB. I've pointed out his flaws...just not incessantly like some

Novacane
12-28-2003, 06:21 PM
If Ralph would have shown Lewis the money he would have come here. No one knows if he was actually offered the job and said no. You guys act like you were there.

No back to the topic of this thread....................Bledsoe SUCKS!

The_Philster
12-28-2003, 06:23 PM
If Ralph would have shown Lewis the money he would have come here.

you were there? goes both ways

BillsFever
12-28-2003, 06:24 PM
If Ralph would have shown Lewis the money he would have come here. No one knows if he was actually offered the job and said no. You guys act like you were there.

Oh but they read an article on it so you midas well say they were there.

I'm sure Lewis would've wasted his time trying to get the job if he didn't want it.

Novacane
12-28-2003, 06:26 PM

you were there? goes both ways

I'm not the one stating something as if it was fact. All I'm saying is enough money would have sure made our schools look a lot better if that was truely the reasone he "turned the job down"

BillsFever
12-28-2003, 06:26 PM

It's kind of like when they get turned down by a chick and somebody makes fun of you for it. Most people will say they didn't really want them anyway out of frustration.

The_Philster
12-28-2003, 06:30 PM
I'm not the one stating something as if it was fact. All I'm saying is enough money would have sure made our schools look a lot better if that was truely the reasone he "turned the job down"

I see some people claiming he was passed on...like they were there. :rolleyes:

shelby
12-28-2003, 06:52 PM
Lighten up y'all. The season sucked, let's not bicker about it.
Christ, i'm gonna have to put y'all in time out like i do with my six year old.
:cynic:

Gunzlingr
12-28-2003, 08:47 PM
I read an ESPN article that said he didn't want to come here. That is all I have to go by, so settle down, or this is going to be one helluva long off season. Could be worse, we could be the Vikes and miss the playoffs because you lost to Arizona :snicker:

BuffaloRanger
12-28-2003, 09:01 PM
Yeah, the Bengals really got the better of us when DB made the Pro-Bowl last year and broke 10 (COUNT THEM!) 10 team records.

Regardless of how horrible a year he had this year, it doesn't change the fact that he was a Top 10 QB his first season here.

The team has many problems thanks to TD. DB is just one.

I'd like to see the Bills kick TD to the curb. His record as GM and President 17 - 31. No free rides. Maybe he'll draft a replacement for Spikes (another Pro-Bowler) this year with the 1st round pick. Well, only if he's injured and won't play all year. What an arrogant and misguided pick WM was.

BillsFever
12-28-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
Yeah, the Bengals really got the better of us when DB made the Pro-Bowl last year and broke 10 (COUNT THEM!) 10 team records.

Regardless of how horrible a year he had this year, it doesn't change the fact that he was a Top 10 QB his first season here.

The team has many problems thanks to TD. DB is just one.

I'd like to see the Bills kick TD to the curb. His record as GM and President 17 - 31. No free rides. Maybe he'll draft a replacement for Spikes (another Pro-Bowler) this year with the 1st round pick. Well, only if he's injured and won't play all year. What an arrogant and misguided pick WM was.

Bledsoe in his two years here...

38 TD's, 41 TO's, and 98 sacks

Kitna in his last 2 years with the Bengals...

46 TD's, 40 TO's, and 60 sacks

Bledsoe's pay the last 2 years: 11.5 million

Kitna's pay the last 2 years: 3 million

The Bengals have a young talented QB prospect with their first round pick. We have a washed up 32 year old QB with ours.

I'm sure the Bengals are very depressed they didn't pull the trigger on that deal.

BillsFever
12-28-2003, 09:22 PM
Kitna had 26 TD's and 19 TO's this year. Bledsoe had 27 TD's and 19 TO's last year.

I guess Jon Kitna is a Top 10 pick too? Somebody should give the Bengals a 1st round pick and pay him 6+ million a year too.

I'm sure the Bengals would've loved to have his 11 TD's and 23 TO's this year. Damn they missed the boat on that one.

BillsFever
12-28-2003, 09:35 PM
I took out the 2001 season since Drew was lying in a hospital bed that year.

Jon Kitna in the 99, 00, 02, and 03 seasons

88 TD's, 88 TO's, and 126 sacks

Drew Bledsoe in 99, 00, 02, and 03

77 TD's, 83 TO's, and 203 sacks

Kitna has been better then Bledsoe their last 4 years? Kitna must definitely be worth a 1st round pick now.

This just shows you how much Bledsoe sucks, and how stupid we were to dish out a 1st round pick on his ass.

Hey, at least Drew has more sacks then Kitna. Oh wait, more sacks is a bad thing.

Novacane
12-28-2003, 11:13 PM
I took out the 2001 season since Drew was lying in a hospital bed that year.

Jon Kitna in the 99, 00, 02, and 03 seasons

88 TD's, 88 TO's, and 126 sacks

Drew Bledsoe in 99, 00, 02, and 03

77 TD's, 83 TO's, and 203 sacks

Kitna has been better then Bledsoe their last 4 years? Kitna must definitely be worth a 1st round pick now.

This just shows you how much Bledsoe sucks, and how stupid we were to dish out a 1st round pick on his ass.

Hey, at least Drew has more sacks then Kitna. Oh wait, more sacks is a bad thing.

Email these stats to Donahoe! I'm beginning to not like him.

The Natrix
12-28-2003, 11:37 PM
unreal, this guy played GREAT in the first half of last season against weak competition, and you idiots want to dump him?

go find another team!