PDA

View Full Version : What will another TD/TM draft be like?

stuckincincy
12-28-2003, 06:42 PM
When I watch other teams, it seems that a greater percentage of their recent draft choices are playing with some regularity, in contrast to the Donohue/Mondrak draftees.

Discounting McGahee and Aiken due to injury,

From 2002 - McGahee, Kelsay, McGee, Aiken, Sobieski, Sape, Haggan, and from 2001 - Williams, Reed, Denney, Wire, Bannen, Thomas, Wright, Stephenson,

only Williams and Wire rated a fair amount of playing time, special teams excepted of course.

Perhaps these fellows will be late bloomers, maybe cap issues, perhaps they can't break into the linup...on a 6-10 team.

I'm not exactly overflowing with confidence in the upcoming draft.

The 2000 draft of Erik Flowers, Tavares Tillman, Corey Moore, Avion Black, Sammy Morris, Drew Haddad, and DaShon Polk wasn't exactly a barn-burner.

Fire away :D

The_Philster
12-28-2003, 06:45 PM
We just have to hope we still have Modrak. The Fish might look to pick him up.

ryguy8161
12-28-2003, 06:50 PM
I would think it a good thing if a team didn't have too many rookies playing.:eek: Rarely do 4th-7th round picks see much playing time anyway.

Dozerdog
12-28-2003, 07:01 PM
2000 draft was Butler's - Not TD's

the 2003 draft was one of the weakest in eons. Only the Bengals got a fair amount of significant playing time out of their pics (Palmer aside) because they also gambled on injured/shot players (like Kelly Washington)

Where is the 2001 draft? Trade down and get Henry, Clements, Jennings, Sullivan- that doesn't count?

When the Bills didn't have cap space and a lot of holes- TD did a very good job drafting players who would eventually play significant time.

2002- When the cap space opened up, he filled the holes with FA's and back filled the roster with special teams players and some depth. He also managed to get a starting QB (who did get to the pro bowl) at the cost of nothing on the roster or draft for 2002.

2003- Pretty much got back what they paid for Bledsoe when they made something out of nothing (losing Price in FA) by getting the #1 pick back from Atlanta. Again did great in FA with the defensive additions.

Unfortunately, Gillbride & Williams didn't compensate for Price and messed with the O line- making it go from mediocre to horrid. Trying to run the same offense with inferior parts made DB's warts grow to humongous proportions.

Name me the players we should have drafted and what they are doing now in the NFL and make your points. Even with the hindsight advantage it's tough to argue with his drafts- unless you are just philisophically against the McGahee / Reed picks (drafting best players on the board when you are strong in those spots)

Name me teams who kicked our ass in the draft. (Pats are the only ones who come o mind)

stuckincincy
12-28-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by ryguy8161
I would think it a good thing if a team didn't have too many rookies playing.:eek: Rarely do 4th-7th round picks see much playing time anyway.

Understood. But if your vets go 3-13, 8-8 (fast start - then rest of league wises up) and 6-10, giving someother players a shot would seem in order, assuming they had a shot to give.

The GW/KG so-called coaching clouds everything, I know. So my questions are:

1) Are TD/TM not quite the evaluators of talent they are credited with,

2) am I being too hasty,

3) is it 90 pct. GW/KG?

Regrettable choice if #1 is true. High crime chargable to TD if #3 is true.

stuckincincy
12-28-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
2000 draft was Butler's - Not TD's

the 2003 draft was one of the weakest in eons. Only the Bengals got a fair amount of significant playing time out of their pics (Palmer aside) because they also gambled on injured/shot players (like Kelly Washington)

Where is the 2001 draft? Trade down and get Henry, Clements, Jennings, Sullivan- that doesn't count?

When the Bills didn't have cap space and a lot of holes- TD did a very good job drafting players who would eventually play significant time.

2002- When the cap space opened up, he filled the holes with FA's and back filled the roster with special teams players and some depth. He also managed to get a starting QB (who did get to the pro bowl) at the cost of nothing on the roster or draft for 2002.

2003- Pretty much got back what they paid for Bledsoe when they made something out of nothing (losing Price in FA) by getting the #1 pick back from Atlanta. Again did great in FA with the defensive additions.

Unfortunately, Gillbride & Williams didn't compensate for Price and messed with the O line- making it go from mediocre to horrid. Trying to run the same offense with inferior parts made DB's warts grow to humongous proportions.

Name me the players we should have drafted and what they are doing now in the NFL and make your points. Even with the hindsight advantage it's tough to argue with his drafts- unless you are just philisophically against the McGahee / Reed picks (drafting best players on the board when you are strong in those spots)

Name me teams who kicked our ass in the draft. (Pats are the only ones who come o mind)

Thanks for firing away! :D

No, TD, drafts were not abysamal. And I know flowers et al was before TD. Yes '01 filled holes. Yes, I was philosophically opposed to picking McGahee when the deficiency of the bill's interior line existed (yes I know the pundits talked about the bills having "one of the stronger young lines" at the end of last season) . No I was not philosophically opposed to Josh Reed.

My thrust is that other teams, as I watch them on tv, seem to have a higher pct. of their choices playing. Coaching? Insufficient starters?

I'm not about to scrutinize 3 years of NFL drafts to provide a blow-by-blow analysis. I will take some time, however, to do some checking based on my observations. And name players that the bills could have picked. OBVIOUSLY hindsight exists.

Dozerdog
12-28-2003, 07:27 PM
TD's worst moves were his first- Hiring a coach. TD's MO is not being hasty and researching the best solutions.

He narrowed his candidates to a small pool of assistants- unfortunately Gregg Williams was the only one not involved in a Super Bowl run and had 2 weeks to prepare. The others had about the amount of time that plane ride from the biggest game of their lives was airborne. Gregg came off polished, he got the job- and GW basically blew two rounds of assistant coaching hires (except for LeBeau)

His Best Moves-

Getting Fletch, Spikes, Adams, M Price, Milloy, Posey, Gash (even though he was misused) , a #1 for Peerless, Shaw

taking a 400,000 cap hit for an extra pick next year (O Gary)

Worst Moves - Lindell, Not replacing Watson

Baind Aide moves that worked (Temp FA moves- 1 year deals) Chidi Ahanoutou, Hollis, Izell Reese

Band Aides that failed- Farris, Robinson, maybe Rogers ( not sure on that one)

Average moves- (not great- Not terrible) Teague, Priouleu,

My "Not decided" moves-

Campbell- not used much but made some awesome grabs after getting some vicious hits

Bledsoe- Pro Bowl year 1, crap year 2, cost us 6 spots iin the 2003 draft. Brett Favre wouod have failed under Gillbride. But he played awful even when he had opportunies to succeed. Considering the cost and considering what was out there- I don't think any QB's we passed over would have mad ethis team any better tHAN 1-2 MORE WINS AT MOST.

I also rate him pretty well on his drafts- no immediate impacts, bu tthe talent is there if he gets coaches who can use Mike Williams, Reed, McGahee to their fullest potential.

Dozerdog
12-28-2003, 07:32 PM
I'd have to add the Pats to the teams that got a lot from their rookies this year- a large part due to injury (over 40 different starters) and Bill Bellichick's system.

stuckincincy
12-28-2003, 07:43 PM
I'd have to add the Pats to the teams that got a lot from their rookies this year- a large part due to injury (over 40 different starters) and Bill Bellichick's system.

Indeed they did. As other teams were aided by rookies and and moreso by their bench. And I shall find the names that caught my eye and get back.

My cheif concern is that the bills are, in my view, are changing as an organization. I recall hearing somebody of note a few years ago, sayingthat the bills, along with the Steelers, niners, Dolphins, cowboys were well-run organizations, and were perennially successful because of it.

Dozerdog
12-28-2003, 07:53 PM
I would have to agree. Organizationally, this team has done well - even winning with sub-par coaching (Phillips)

They scout relatively well, ownership is highly respected, and ex-players are usually on great terms with the club- even in the post cap era.

I think TD is a better evaluator of talent than Butler (and Butler was pretty good) and way better at cap management.

it's one thing to find talent, another to keep it.

cordog
12-29-2003, 12:00 AM
TD's worst moves were his first- Hiring a coach. TD's MO is not being hasty and researching the best solutions.

He narrowed his candidates to a small pool of assistants- unfortunately Gregg Williams was the only one not involved in a Super Bowl run and had 2 weeks to prepare. The others had about the amount of time that plane ride from the biggest game of their lives was airborne. Gregg came off polished, he got the job- and GW basically blew two rounds of assistant coaching hires (except for LeBeau)

His Best Moves-

Getting Fletch, Spikes, Adams, M Price, Milloy, Posey, Gash (even though he was misused) , a #1 for Peerless, Shaw

taking a 400,000 cap hit for an extra pick next year (O Gary)

Worst Moves - Lindell, Not replacing Watson

Baind Aide moves that worked (Temp FA moves- 1 year deals) Chidi Ahanoutou, Hollis, Izell Reese

Band Aides that failed- Farris, Robinson, maybe Rogers ( not sure on that one)

Average moves- (not great- Not terrible) Teague, Priouleu,

My "Not decided" moves-

Campbell- not used much but made some awesome grabs after getting some vicious hits

Bledsoe- Pro Bowl year 1, crap year 2, cost us 6 spots iin the 2003 draft. Brett Favre wouod have failed under Gillbride. But he played awful even when he had opportunies to succeed. Considering the cost and considering what was out there- I don't think any QB's we passed over would have mad ethis team any better tHAN 1-2 MORE WINS AT MOST.

I also rate him pretty well on his drafts- no immediate impacts, bu tthe talent is there if he gets coaches who can use Mike Williams, Reed, McGahee to their fullest potential.

One of the best posts ive ever read. I agree 100%

BuffaloRanger
12-29-2003, 12:20 AM
TD's record as GM is the same as GW's as coach. 17-31.

His mistakes:

1. He hired GW.

2. He allowed GW to fill his staff with 10 coaches who hadn't coached at that level in the NFL.

3. Drafted WM. An arrogant pick plain and simple.
a. injured - didn't play a down
b. already had a young, Pro-Bowl quality RB (Team MVP for 2003)
c. So many other needs.

4. Made GW into a lame duck coach.

5. Allowed Kevin Gilbride to be a renegade in the face of logic the entire season.

6. Didn't fire GW or at lest KG at the bye when they were 4-4 and the season was still salvagable.

7. Ahh, the O-line. He absolutely refused to improve the offensive line in the off season. This is unforgivable and the cause of so many of the teams problems. In fact he hired a line coach with one whole year NFL experience at the position. He drafted a guy that didn't even start in college (Sobieski) passed on Coppen - starting Center on 14-2 Pats, for a much needed back-up, back-up LB. The Bills gave up 55 sacks in 2002 and have a pure pocket passer (immobile) QB who needs to be protected better than a daughter's virginity to have any success. What kind of idiot doesn't improve the line or at least add depth. TD that's who. Net result = DB is the most sacked QB in 2003, 2nd worst Bills Offense ever.

8. Say all you want about hindsight being 20/20. Foresight is what separates the decent GMs from the great. Why do people think TD is a Top Executive again? Because he has friends in the national media?

I don't like that guy. He has wasted 3 years of Bills fans lives. I'd like to see him kicked to the curb. Give Modrak the job to prevent him from becoming a fin.

Ingtar33
12-29-2003, 02:09 AM
TD and Modrak work NFL management this way...

Build with the draft, don't resign players at the risk of your cap (basically draft with free agent losses in mind like they did with the Reed/Price deal, or the McGahee/Henry deal)... don't sign back ended deals, fill your worse holes with FA.

Expect to lose Winfield this year, as I think the Bills are comfortable going without him and going with McGee next year, or maybe taking a shot at Bailey or Ty Law...

If the Bills don't trade Henry this off-season, don't expect them to resign him next off season (if he's not traded this off-season, this will be his last year in buffalo)

Look for TD to replace Lindell

Teague will be replaced (obviously the worse player on th line even when the backups were in against the Pats)

Look for a high (1-3 round) pick used on a Guard or Tackle (Jennings is a FA soon)

Expect a QB in the top 4 rounds to replace AVP (cap reasons mainly)

Look for another offensive "skill" player either in the 1st or 2nd round this year... likely a high 1st round pick used on a WR... or if they go defense in the 1st (only likely if Smith or Taylor are still about), a 2nd used on a TE/QB, and a 3rd used on a G/T

*none of this is a big secret, as management styles are fairly obvious inside the NFL... look at both TD and Modrak's track record with Pit and Phi...

Ingtar33
12-29-2003, 02:13 AM
BTW: the pats got a lot out of their draft... there was no doubting the talent of the guys they drafted last year... but those were all players who fell to the pats due to the fact they were widely considered head cases, lazy, or troublemakers.

BB rolled the dice that he'd be able to motivate them, while other teams ignored their god given talent, and struck gold. More power to him, i know my FO would have been fired by my team's owner had we taken those fliers... he likes character guys, and with the exception of Kelcko that whole Pats draft was described in our FO as "heartless"

Even Ty Warren (the guy i was secretly hoping would fall to the Bills) was described as playing largely "unmotivated" football.

SABURZFAN
12-29-2003, 03:03 AM
i still think that butler "tanked" the 2000 draft.

Jan Reimers
12-29-2003, 07:17 AM
We should be able to get a playmaker in the 1st round - a speed WR or FS - and at least a contributor - O line or maybe a good QB prospect - in the 2nd.

We have too many holes to use high picks on depth. Let's not waste a 3rd round pick - where good players are still available - on a career backup like Angelo Crowell.

Tatonka
12-29-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Ingtar33

Build with the draft, don't resign players at the risk of your cap (basically draft with free agent losses in mind like they did with the Reed/Price deal, or the McGahee/Henry deal)...

If the Bills don't trade Henry this off-season, don't expect them to resign him next off season (if he's not traded this off-season, this will be his last year in buffalo)

[/i]

actually.. that is what is confusing about the WM pick, Ing.. because they just extended Henry.. henry is signed through the 2005 season.. so we have him for 2 more years..

and why would you say that if he isnt traded this offseason, he wont be back after next year? he is signed for next season and the one after.. his extension he signed in the offseason pays him 1.5 millon in 2005.

Earthquake Enyart
12-29-2003, 09:40 AM
Da Bears had a nice draft. Moved down to get Haynes who was playing well at the end of the year, and got the QB of the future with Grossman (who I really like, the kid is fun to watch.... a young Jim Mcmahon with a gun), and got CB Tillman in round 2 who was the guy who stole the ball from Randy Moss a couple of weeks ago, costing the Vikes that game.

R. Rich
12-29-2003, 09:45 AM

I think the Patriots got decent production out of their draftees this year.

Ingtar33
12-29-2003, 12:06 PM
T,

The Bills signed the contract extension with Travis Henry because Travis was short on money and needed some cash... they did it as a favor for the guy.

I didn't know they had him wrapped up through the 2005 season, i thought his contract was up in 2005, which would mean next year is his last.

stuckincincy
12-29-2003, 12:27 PM

Here's my list, of 2003, of names that I heard talked about while watching tv. I didn't state "should have" drafted - only that it seemed that picks from other clubs get mentioned with more frequency, to me, than that of the bills. Of course, one could go round-and-round as to why - strong starters (with 3-10, 8-8, 6-10 records), position needs and so forth.

I believe the TD regime represents a declining period for Buffalo.

I don't know how well this may format; I highlight Bills PICKS and NAMES. The #'s before a players's name follows this:

Pick Overall (Name Team Position School).

A player picked before the bills in rnd #1 was obviously out of Bill's control.

Certainly, all teams have differing needs, strengths, cap situations and so forth. Hindsight is simple. But I feel that TDhas not been especialy good after his year 1.

I make no coment on previous drafts -it would be mega-hindsight, but I list 'em for a look-see at who was taken by the bills and who was passed up.

PS: Info came from www.theredzone.org/draft_history

That site lists NFL drafts since the 1967 common draft. A handy site.

2003 NFL Draft Picks

2003 NFL Draft Choices
Held April 26-27, 2003

Round 1
PickOverallNameTeamPositionSchool
11Carson PalmerBengalsQBUSC
22Charles RogersLionsQBMichigan State
33Andre JohnsonTexansWRMiami
44Dewayne RobertsonJetsDTKentucky
55Terance NewmanCowboysCBKansas State
66Johnathan SullivanSaintsDTGeorgia
77Byron LeftwichJaguarsQBMarshall
88Jordan GrossPanthersOTUtah
99Kevin WilliamsVikingsDTOklahoma State
1010Terrell SuggsRavensDEArizona State
1111Marcus TrufantSeahawksCBWashington State
1212Jimmy KennedyRamsDTPenn State
1313Ty WarrenPatriotsDTTexas A&M
1414Michael HaynesBearsDEPenn State
1515Jerome McDougleEaglesDEMiami
1616Troy PolamaluSteelersSUSC
1717Bryant JohnsonCardinalsWRPenn State
1818Calvin PaceCardinalsDEWake Forest
191919Kyle BollerRavensQBCalifornia
2020George FosterBroncosOTGeorgia
2121Jeff FaineBrownsCenterNotre Dame
2222Rex GrossmanBearsQBFlorida
BILLS PICK 2323Willis McGaheeBillsRBMiami
NAME 2424Dallas ClarkColtsTEIowa
NAME 2525William JosephGiantsDTMiami
NAME 2626Kwame Harris49ersOTStanford
2727Larry JohnsonChiefsRBPenn State
2828Andre WoolfolkTitansCBOklahoma
NAME 2929Nick BarnettPackersLBOregon State
NAME 3030Sammy DavisChargersCBTexas A&M
NAME 3131Nnambi AsomughaRaidersCBCalifornia
3232Tyler BraytonRaidersDEColorado

Round 2
NAME 133Eric SteinbachBengalsOGIowa
NAME 234Boss BaileyLionsLBGeorgia
335Charles TillmanBearsCBLouisiana-Lafayette
NAME 436Eugene WilsonPatriotsCBIllinois
NAME 537Jonathan StinchcombSaintsOTGeorgia
638Al JohnsonCowboysCWisconsin
739Rashean MathisJaguarsCBBethune-Cookman
NAME 840E.J. HendersonVikingsLBMaryland
941Ben JoppruTexansTEMichigan
NAME 1042Ken HamlinSeahawksSArkansas
NAME 1143Pisa TinoisamoaRamsLBHawaii
1244Taylor JacobsRedskinsWRFlorida
NAME 1345Bethel JohnsonPatriotsWRTexas A&M
1446Florence DraytonChargersCBTuskegee
1547Kawika MitchellChiefsLBSouth Florida
BILLS PICK 1648Chris KelsayBillsDENebraska
1749Eddie MooreDolphinsLBTennessee
1850Bruce NelsonPanthersCIowa
1951Terry PierceBroncosLBKansas State
2052Chaun ThompsonBrownsLBWest Texas A & M
2053Victor HobsonJetsLBMichigan
NAME 2254Anquan BoldinCardinalsWRFlorida State
2355Bryan ScottFalconsSPenn State
2456Osi UmenyioraGiantsDETroy State
2557Anthony Adams49ersDTPenn State
NAME 2658Mike DossColtsSOhio State
2759Alonzo JacksonSteelersDEFlorida State
2860Tyrone CalicoTitansWRTennessee
2961L.J. SmithEaglesTERutgers
3062Terrance KielChargersSTexas A&M
3163Teyo JohnsonRaidersWRStanford
3264Dewayne WhiteBuccaneersDELouisville

Round 3
NAME 165Kelley WashingtonBengalsWRTennessee
266Cory ReddingLionsDETexas
NAME 367Antwan PeekTexansLBCincinnati
468Lance BriggsBearsLBArizona
NAME 568Jason WittenCowboysTETennessee
670Gerald HayesCardinalsLBPittsburgh
973Wayne HunterSeahawksOTHaw
1074Kevin CurtisRamsWRUtah State
1175Seth WandRedskinsOTNorthest Missouri State
1276Mike SeidmanPanthersTEUCLA
1377Musa SmithRavensRBMemphis
1478Wade SmithDolphinsOTMemphis
1579Kenny PetersonPackersDEOhio State
1680Courtney Van BurenChargersOGArkansas-Pinebluff
1781Derrick DockeryRedskinsOGTexas
1882Ricky ManningPanthersCBUCLA
1983Sam WilliamsRaidersLBFresno State
2084Chris CrockerBrownsSMarshall
2185B.J. AskewJetsRBMichigan
2286Willie 'Cie' GrantSaintsLBOhio State
2387Taylor WhitleyDolphinsOGTexas A&M
2488Dave RagoneTexansQBLouisville
2589Andrew Williams49ersDEMiami
2690Donald StricklandColtsCBColorado
2791Vishante ShiancoeGiantsTEMorgan Stare
2892Julian BattleChiefsCBTennessee
2993Chris BrownTitansRBColorado
BILLS PICK 3094Angelo CrowellBillsCBTennessee
3195Billy McMullenEaglesWRVirginia
NAME 3296Justin FargasRaidersRBUSC
3397Chris SimmsBuccaneersQBTexas

Round 4
198Dennis WeathersbyBengalsCBOregon State
299Artose PinnerLionsRBKentucky
3100Todd JohnsonBearsSFlorida
NAME 4101Domanick DavisTexansRBLSU
5102Montrae HollandSaintsOGFlorida State
6103Bradie JamesCowboysLBLSU
7104George WrightsterJaguarsTEOregon
NAME 8105Onterrio SmithVikingsRBOregon
9106Shaun McDonaldRamsWRArizona State
10107DeJuan GrossRamsCBNebraska
11108Quentin GriffinBroncosRBOklahoma
12109Jarret JohnsonRavensDTAlabama
13110Seneca WallaceSeahawksQBIowa State
BILLS PICK 14111Terrence McGeeBillsCBNorthwestern State
15112Matt WilhelmChargersLBOhio State
16113Brett WilliamsChiefsOTFlorida State
17114Nicholas EasonBroncosDTClemson
NAME 18115Lee SuggsBrownsRBVirginia Tech
19116Ian ScottBearsDTFlorida
NAME 20117Dan KleckoPatriotsDTTemple
NAME 21118Jeremi JohnsonBengalsFBWestern Kentucky
22119Colin BranchPanthersSStanford
NAME 23120Asante SamuelPatriotsCBCentral Florida
24121Justin GriffithFalconsFBMississippi State
25122Steve SciulloColtsOTMarshall
26123Roderick BabersGiantsCBTexas
NAME 27124Brandon Lloyd49ersWRIllinois
28125Ivan TaylorSteelersCBLouisiana-Lafayette
29126Rien LongTitansDTWashington State
BILLS PICK 30127Sam AikenBillsWRNorth Carolina
31128Bryant McNealBroncosDEClemson
32129Shurron PiersonRaidersDESouth Florida
33130Lance NimmoBuccaneersOTWest Virginia
34131Jamaal GreenEaglesDEMiami
NAME 35132LaBrandon ToefieldJaguarsRBLSU
36133Austin KingBuccaneersCNorthwestern
37134Ovie MughelliRavensFBWake Forest
38135Solomon BatesSeahawksLBArizona State

Round 5
1136Khalid AbdullahBengalsLBMars Hill
2137Terrence HoltLionsSNorth Carolina State
3138Robert MathisColtsDEAlabama A&M
4139Bobby WadeBearsWRArizona
5140Derek PagelJetsSIowa
6141Kenny KingCardinalsDTAlabama
7142Ryan PontbriandBrownsCRice
8143Justin GageBearsWRMissouri
9144James DavisLionsSWest Virginia
10145Kindal MooreheadPanthersDEAlabama
11146Aubrayo FranklinRavensDTTennessee
12147James LeePackersDTOregon State
13148Dan CurleyRamsTEEastern Washington
14149Mike ScifresChargersPWestern Illinois
15150Matthew WaltersJetsDEMiami
BILLS PICK 16151Ben SobieskiBillsOGIowa
17152Michael LehanBrownsCBMinnesota
18153Jordan BlackChiefsOTNotre Dame
19154Donnie NickeyPatriotsSOhio State
20155Melvin WilliamsSaintsDEKansas State
21156Donald LeeDolphinsTEMississippi State
22157Ben ClaxtonBroncosCMississippi
23158Adrian MadiseBroncosWRTCU
24159Jon OlingerFalconsWRCincinnati
25160David DiehlGiantsOGIllinois
26161Aaron Walker49ersTEFlorida
27162Keyon WhitesideColtsLBTennessee
28163Brian St. PierreSteelersQBBoston College
NAME 29164Dan KoppenPatriotsCBoston College
30165Chris DavisSeahawksFBSyracuse
31166Hunter HillenmeyerPackersLBVanderbilt
32167Doug GabrielRaidersWRCentral Florida
33168Sean MahanBuccaneersOGNotre Dame
34169J.R. TolverDolphinsWRSan Diego State
35170Shane WaltonRamsCBNotre Dame
36171Tron LafavorBearsDTFlorida
37172Kevin GarrettRamsCBSMU
38173Tony PashosRavensOTIllinois

Round 6
1174Langston MooreBengalsDTSouth Carolina
2175David KircusLionsWRGrand Valley State
3176Brandon GreenJaguarsDERice
4177Reggie WellsCardinalsOTClarion
5178B.J. TuckerCowboysCBWisconsin
6179David YoungJaguarsSGeorgia Southern
7180Eddie JohnsonVikingsPIdaho State
9182Gerome SappRavensSNotre Dame
10183Rashad MooreSeahawksDTTennessee
11184Scott TerceroRamsOGCalifornia
12185Jeremy BridgesEaglesOGSouthern Mississippi
13186Zuriel SmithCowboysWRHampton
BILLS PICK 14187Lauvale SapeBillsDTUtah
15188Hanik MilliganChargersSHouston
16189Jimmy WilkersonChiefsDEOklahoma
17190Michael NattielVikingsLBFlorida
18191Joe OdomBearsLBPurdue
19192Drew HensonTexansQBMichigan
20193Marques OgdenJaguarsOTHoward
21194Aaron HuntBroncosDETexas Tech
22195Antonio GarayBrownsDEBoston College
23196LaTarence DunbarFalconsWRTCU
24197Arnaz Battle49ersWRNotre Dame
25198Cato JuneColtsSMichigan
26199Willie PonderGiantsWRSoutheast Missouri State
NAME 27200Brooks BollingerJetsQBWisconsin
28201Kliff KingsburyPatriotsQBTexas Tech
29202Waine BaconFalconsSAlabama
30203Kareem KellySaintsWRUSC
31204Dustin RykertRaidersOTBrigham Young
32205Torrie CoxBuccaneersCBPittsburgh
33206Brock ForseyBearsRBBoise State
34207Frank WalkerGiantsCBTuskegee
35208Makoa FreitasColtsOTArizona
36209Tim ProvostDolphinsOTSan Jose State
37210Tony GilbertCardinalsLBGeorgia
38211David TyreeGiantsWRSyracuse
39212Brennan CurtinPackersOTNotre Dame
40213Yeremiah BellDolphinsCBEastern Kentucky
41214Keith WrightTexansDTMissouri

Round 7
1215Scott KooistraBengalsOTNorth Carolina State
2216Ben JohnsonLionsOTWiconsin
3217Curry BurnsTexansSLouisville
4218Malaefou MackenzieJaguarsRBUSC
5219Justin BatesCowboysOGColorado
6220Daniel 'Blue' AdamsLionsCBCincinnati
7221Keenan HowryVikingsWROregon
8222Josh BrownSeahawksKNebraska
9223Trent SmithRavensTEOklahoma
10224Taco WallaceSeahawksWRKansas State
11225Todd WilliamsTitansOGFlorida State
12226Walter YoungPanthersWRIllinois
13227Clint MitchellBroncosDEFlorida
BILLS PICK 14228Mario HagganBillsLBMississippi State
15229Andrew PinnockChargersFBSouth Carolina
16230Montique SharpeChiefsDTWake Forest
17231Talman GardnerSaintsWRFlorida State
18232Gibran HamdanRedskinsQBIndiana
19233Chance PearceTexansCTexas A&M
20234Spencer NeadPatriotsTEBrigham Young
21235Ahmaad GallowayBroncosRBAlabama
22236Brandon DrummLionsFBColorado
23237Dave YovanovitsJetsOTTemple
24238Demetrin VealFalconsDETennessee
NAME 25239Tully Banta-CainPatriotsDECalifornia
26240Charles DrakeGiantsSMichigan
27241Ken Dorsey49ersQBMiami
28242J.T. WallSteelersFBGeorgia
29243Ethan KellyPatriotsDTBaylor
30244Norman LejeuneEaglesSLSU
31245Chris JohnsonPackersSLouisville
32246Siddeeq ShabbazRaidersSNew Mexico State
33247Casey MoorePanthersFBStanford
34248Davern WilliamsDolphinsDTTroy State
35249Wayne LucierGiantsCColorado
36250Mike MabryRavensCCentral Florida
37251Scott SchanleRamsLBNebraska
38252Willie PileChiefsSVirginia Tech
39253DeAndrew RubinPackersWRSouth Florida
40254Richard AnguloRamsTEWestern New Mexico
41255Kevin WalterGiantsWREastern Michigan
42256Carl FordPackersWRToledo
43257Steve JosuePackersCBCarson Newman
44258Antwoine SandersRavensSUtah
45259Elton PattersonBengalsDECentral Florida
46260Travis AnglinLionsWRMemphis
47261Bryan AndersonBearsOGPittsburgh
48262Ryan HoagRaidersWRGustavus Adolphus

2002 NFL Draft Picks

2002 NFL Draft Choices
Held April 20-21, 2002

Round 1
11David CarrTexansQBFresno State
22Julius PeppersPanthersDENorth Carolina
33Joey HarringtonLionsQBOregon
BILLSA PICK 44Mike WilliamsBillsOTTexas
55Quentin JamarChargersCBTexas
66Ryan SimsChiefsDTNorth Carolina
77Bryant McKinnieVikingsOTMiami
88Roy WilliamsCowboysSOklahoma
99John HendersonJaguarsDTTennessee
1010Levi JonesBengalsOTArizona State
1111Dwight FreeneyColtsDESyracuse
1212Wendell BryantCardinalsDTWisconsin
1313Donte StallworthSaintsWRTennessee
1414Jeremy ShockeyGiantsTEMiami
1515Albert HaynesworthTitansDTTennessee
1616William GreenBrownsRBBoston College
1717Phillip BuchanonRaidersCBMiami
1818TJ DuckettFalconsRBMichigan State
1919Ashley LelieBroncosWRHawaii
2020Javon WalkerPackersWRFlorida State
2121Daniel GrahamPatriotsTEColorado
2222Bryan ThomasJetsDEAlabama-Birmingham
2323Napolean HarrisRaidersLBNorthwestern
2424Edward ReedRavensSMiami
2525Charles GrantSaintsDEGeorgia
2626Lito SheppardEaglesCBFlorida
2727Mike Rumph49ersCBMiami
2828Jeremy StevensSeahawksTEWashington
2929Mark ColomboBearsOTBoston College
3030Kendall SimmonsSteelersOTAuburn
3131Robert ThomasRamsLBUCLA
3232Patrick RamseyRedskinsQBTulane

Round 2
133Jabar GaffneyTexansWRFlorida
335Kalimba EdwardsLionsDESouth Carolina
BILLS PICK 436Josh ReedBillsWRLSU
537Andre GurodeCowboysOGColorado
638Rayonall SmithVikingsLBWashington State
739Toniu FonotiChargersOGNebraska
840Mike PearsonJaguarsOTFlorida
941Lamont ThompsonBengalsSWashington State
1042Larry TripplettColtsDTWashington
1143Eddie FreemanChiefsDEAlabama-Birmingham
1345Clevan 'Tank' WilliamsTitansSStanford
1446Tim CarterGiantsWRAuburn
1547Andre DavisBrownsWRVirginia Tech
1648Reche CaldwellChargersWRFlorida
1749Levar FisherCardinalsLBNorth Carolina State
1850Chester PittsTexansOTSan Diego State
1951Clinton PortisBroncosRBMiami
2052Anthony WeaverRavensDENotre Dame
2153Langston WalkerRaidersOTCalifornia
2254Maurice MorrisSeahawksRBOregon
2355Doug JolleyRaidersTEBrigham Young
2456Ladell BettsRedskinsRBIowa
2557Jon McGrawJetsSKansas State
2658MIchael LewisEaglesSColorado
2759Sheldon BrownEaglesCBSouth Carolina
2860Anton PalepoiSeahawksDENevada-Las Vegas
BILLS PICK 2961Ryan DenneyBillsDEBrigham Young
3062Antwaan Randel ElSteelersWRIndiana
3163Antonio BryantCowboysWRPittsburgh
3264Travis FisherRamsCBCentral Florida
3365Deion BranchPatriotsWRLouisville

Round 3
166Fred WearyTexansOTTennessee
267Matt SchobelBengalsTETCU
368Andre GoodmanLionsCBSouth Carolina
469Saleem Rasheed49ersLBAlabama
570Willie OffordVikingsSSouth Carolina
671Ben LeberChargersLBKansas State
772Roosevelt WilliamsBearsCBTuskegee
873Will WitherspoonPanthersLBGeorgia
974Joseph JeffersonColtsCBWestern Kentucky
1075Derek RossCowboysCBOhio State
1176Melvin FowlerBrownsCMaryland
1277Rocky CalmusTitansLBOklahoma
1378Jeff HatchGiantsCPennsylvania
1479Rashad BaumanJaguarsCBOregon
1580Will OverstreetFalconsCBTennessee
1681Joshua McNownCardinalsQBSam Houston State
1782James AllenSaintsLBOregon State
1883Charles HIllTexansDTMaryland
1984Lamar GordonRamsRBNorth Dakota State
2085Kris RichardSeahawksCBUSC
2186Marquise WalkerBuccaneersWRMichigan
2287Clifford RussellRedskinsWRUtah
2388Chris BakerJetsTEMichigan State
2489Akinola AvodeleJaguarsLBPurdue
2590Seth McKinneyDolphinsCTexas A&M
2691Brian WestbrookEaglesRBVillanova
2792Marques AndersonPackersSUCLA
2893Terrance MetcalfBearsOGMississippi
2994Chris HopeSteelersSFlorida State
3095Eric CrouchRamsWRNebraska
3196Dorsett DavisBroncosDTMississippi State
BILLS PICK 3297Coy WireBillsSStanford
3398Dennis JohnsonCardinalsDEKentucky

Round 4
199Jonathan WellsTexansRBOhio State
2100Dante WesleyPanthersCBArkansas-Pinebluff
3101Kevin BentleyBrownsLBNorthwestern
4102Jeff Chandler49ersKFlorida
5103Justin PeeleChargersTEOregon
6104Alex BrownBearsDEFlorida
7105Brian WilliamsVikingsCBNorth Carolina State
8106David ThorntonColtsLBNorth Carolina
9107Omar EasyChiefsRBPenn State
10108David GarrardJaguarsQBEast Carolina
11109Travis DorschBengalsKPurdue
11110Mike EcholsTitansCBWisconsin
12111Ben TaylorBrownsLBVirginia Tech
13112Dave ZastudilRavensKOhio
14113Nate DwyerCardinalsDTKansas
16114Randy McMichaelDolphinsTEGeorgia
17115Tony BeckhamTitansCBWisconsin-Stout
18116Martin BiblaTexansOGMiami
19117Rohan DaveyPatriotsQBLSU
20118Chris LuzarJaguarsTEVirginia
21119Travis StephensBuccaneersRBTennessee
22120Terreal BierriaSeahawksSGeorgia
23121Alan HarperJetsDTFresno State
24122Darnell SandersBrownsTEOhio State
25123Ron JohnsonRavensWRMinnesota
26124Scott PetersEaglesCArizona State
27125Keyuo CraverSaintsCBNebraska
28126Jarvis GreenPatriotsDELSU
29127Kevin Curtis49ersSTexas Tech
30128Larry FooteSteelersLBMichigan
31129Jamar MartinCowboysFBOhio State
32130Travis ScottRamsOGArizona State
33131Sam BrandonBroncosSNevada-Las Vegas
34132Ed Ta'amuVikingsOGUtah
35133Rocky BoimanTitansLBNotre Dame
36134John TaylorLionsDEMontana State
37135Najeh DavenportPackersFBMiami

Round 5
1136Jarrod BaxterTexansFBNew Mexico
2137Randy FasaniPanthersQBStanford
3138John OwensLionsTENotre Dame
BILLS PICK 4139Justin BannanBillsDTColorado
5140Bobby GrayBearsSLouisiana Tech
6141Andra DavisBrownsLBFlorida
7142Terry CharlesChargersWRPortland State
8143Scott FajitaChiefsLBCalifornia
9144Herb HaygoodBroncosWRMichigan State
10145Kyle JohnsonPanthersFBSyracuse
11146Rocky BernardSeahawksDETexas A&M
12147Kenyon ColemanRaidersDEUCLA
13148Kevin McCadamFalconsSVirginia Tech
14149Jason McAddleyCardinalsWRAlabama
15150Mel MitchellSaintsSWestern Kentucky
16151Jake SchifinoTitansWRAkron
17152Nick GreisenGiantsLBWisconsin
18153Ramon WalkerTexansSSteelers
19154Terry JonesRavensTEAlabama
21156Aaron KampmanPackersDEIowa
22157Jermaine PhillipsBuccaneersSGeorgia
23158Kurt KittnerFalconsQBIllinois
25160Robert RoyalRedskinsTELouisiana State
26161Omare LoweDolphinsCBWashington
27162Freddie MilonsEaglesWRAlabama
28163Brandon Doman49ersQBBrigham Young
29164Craig NallPackersQBNorthwestern State
30165Bryan KnightBearsDEPittsburgh
31166Verron HayesSteelersRBGeorgia
32167Courtland BullardRamsLBOhio State
33168Ralph HunterCowboysQBVirginia Union
34169Ryan HannamSeahawksTENorthern Iowa
35170Sam SimmonsDolphinsWRNorthwestern
36171Matt HillSeahawksOTBoise State

Round 6
1173Demarcus FagginsTexansCBKansas State
2174Keith HeinrichPanthersTESam Houston State
3175Chris CashLionsCBUSC
BILLS PICK 4176Kevin ThomasBillsCBNevada-Las Vegas
5177Nick RogersVikingsLBGeorgia Tech
6178Matt AnderleChargersOTMinnesota
7179Tyson WalterCowboysOTOhio State
8180Clenton BallardJaguarsDTSouthwest Texas State
9181Marquand ManuelBengalsSFlorida
10182David PughColtsDTVirginia Tech
11183James LewisColtsSMiami
12184Kahill HillFalconsWRIowa
13185Josh ScobeyCardinalsRBKansas State
14186J.T. O'SullivanSaintsQBCalifornia-Davis
15187Justin HartwigTitansOTKansas
16188Wesly MallardGiantsSOregon
17189Keyon NashRaidersDBAlbany State
18190Howard GreenTexansDTLSU
19191Jeb PutzierBroncosTEBoise State
20192Reggie ColemanRedskinsOTTennessee
21193John StamperBuccaneersDESouth Carolina
22194Craig JarrettSeahawksKMichigan State
23195Lamont BrightfulRavensWREastern Washington
24196John GilmoreSaintsTEPenn State
25197Larry NedRaidersRBSan Diego State
26198Tyreo HarrisonEaglesLBNotre Dame
27199Adrian PetersonBearsRBGeorgia Souther
28200Michael HoughtonPackersOGSan Diego State
29201Mark Anelli49ersTEWisconsin
30202Lee MaysSteelersWRTexas El-Paso
31203James ElliottBearsWRDelaware
32204Brian AllenColtsRBStanford
33205Steve BellisariRamsSOhio State
34206Javin HunterRavensWRNotre Dame
35207Chester TaylorRavensRBToledo
36208Deveren JohnsonCowboysWRHeart
37209Chad WilliamsRavensSSouthern Mississippi
38210Bryan FletcherBearsTEUCLA

Round 7
1212Lavar GloverSteelersCBCincinnati
2213Peter CampionPanthersOGNorth Dakota State
3214Luke StaleyLionsRBBrigham Young
4215Mike PucilloBillsOGAuburn
5216Seth BurfordChargersQBCal Poly San Luis Obispo
6217Michael ColemanFalconsWRWidener
7218Chad BeasleyVikingsDTVirginia Tech
8219Joey EvansBengalsDENorth Carolina
9220Josh MallardColtsDEGeorgia
10221Maruice RodriquezChiefsLBFresno State
11222Kendall NewsonJaguarsWRMiddle Tennessee State
12223Mike BanksCardinalsTEIowa State
13224Derrius MonroeSaintsDEVirginia Tech
14225Darrell HillTitansWRNorthern Illinois
15226Daryl JonesGiantsWRMiami
16227Joaquin GonzalezBrownsOGMiami
17228Chris YoungBroncosSGeorgia Tech
19230Jeff GrauRedskinsTEUCLA
20231Monsanto PopeBroncosDTVirginia
21232Jeff KellySeahawksQBSouthern Mississippi
22233Tim WansleyBuccaneersCBGeorgia
23234Gregory ScottRedskinsDEHampton
24235Ronald CurryRaidersQBNorth Carolina
25236Wes PateRavensQBStephen F Austin
26237Antwoine WomackPatriotsRBVirginia
27238Raheem BrockEaglesDETemple
28239Eric Heitmann49ersGStanford
29240Carlos HallTitansDEArkansas
30241Leonard HenryDolphinsRBEast Carolina
31242Brett KeiselSteelersDEBrigham Young
32243Chris MasseyRamsCMarshall
33244Kevin ShafferFalconsOTTulsa
34245Quincy MonkGiantsLBNorth Carolina
35246Steve SmithJaguarsSOregon
36247Hayden EpsteinJaguarsKMichigan
37248Kyle Kosier49ersOTArizona State
BILLS PICK 38249Rodney WrightBillsWRFresno State
39250Tracey WistromBuccaneersTENebraska
BILLS PICK 40251Jarret FergusonBillsRBVirginia Tech
41252Matt MurphyLionsTEMaryland
42253David GivensPatriotsWRNotre Dame
43254Aaron LockettBuccaneersWRStanford
44255Zack QuacciaBuccaneersCStanford
45256Teddy Gaines49ersCBTennessee
46257Rock CartwrightRedskinsRBKansas State
47258Brad FranklinPanthersCBLouisiana-Lafayette
48259Victor RogersLionsOTColorado
BILLS PICK 49260Dominique StevensonBillsLBTennessee

2001 NFL Draft Picks

2001 NFL Draft Choices
Held April 21-22, 2001

Round 1
11Michael VickFalconsQBVirginia Tech
22Leonard DavisCardinalsOTTexas
33Gerard WarrenBrownsDTFlorida
44Justin SmithBengalsDEMissouri
55LaDainian TomlinsonChargersRBTCU
66Richard SeymourPatriotsDTGeorgia
77Andre Carter49ersDECalifornia
88David TerrellBearsWRMichigan
99Koren RobinsonSeahawksWRNorth Carolina
1010Jamal ReynoldsPackersDEFlorida State
1111Dan MorganPanthersLBMiami (FL)
1212Damione LewisRamsDTMiami (FL)
1313Marcus StroudJaguarsDTGeorgia
1414Kenyatta WalkerBuccaneersOTFlorida
1515Rod GardnerRedskinsWRClemson
1616Santana MossJetsWRMiami (FL)
1717Steve HutchinsonSeahawksOGMichigan
1818Jeff BackusLionsOTMichigan
1919Casey HamptonSteelersDTTexas
2020Adam ArchuletaRamsDBArizona State
BILLS PICKS 2121Nate ClementsBillsDBOhio State
2222Will AllenGiantsDBSyracuse
2323Deuce McAllisterSaintsRBMississippi
2424Willie MiddlebrooksBroncosDBMinnesota
2525Freddie MitchellEaglesWRUCLA
2626Jamar FletcherDolphinsDBWisconsin
2727Michael BennettVikingsRBWisconsin
2828Derrick GibsonRaidersDBFlorida State
2929Ryan PickettRamsDEOhio State
3030Reggie WayneColtsWRMiami (FL)
3131Todd HeapRavensTEArizona State

Round 2
132Drew BreesChargersQBPurdue
233Quincy MorganBrownsWRKansas State
334Kyle Vanden BoschCardinalsDENebraska
435Alge CrumplerFalconsTENorth Carolina
536Chad JohnsonBengalsWROregon State
637Idrees BashirColtsDBMemphis
738Anthony ThomasBearsRBMichigan
839Kendrell BellSteelersLBGeorgia
940Ken LucasSeahawksDBMississippi
1041Robert FergusonPackersWRTexas A&M
1142Tommy PolleyRamsLBFlorida State
1243Maurice WilliamsJaguarsOTMichigan
1344Kris JenkinsPanthersDTMaryland
1445Fred SmootRedskinsDBMississippi State
BILLS PICK 1546Aaron SchobelBillsDETCU
1647Jamie Winborn49ersLBVanderbilt
1748Matt LightPatriotsOTPurdue
1849LaMont JordanJetsRBMaryland
1950Dominic RaiolaLionsCNebraska
2051Paul ToviessiBroncosDEMarshall
2152Chris ChambersDolphinsWRWisconsin
2253Quincy CarterCowboysQBGeorgia
2354Michael StoneCardinalsDBMemphis
2455Quinton CaverEaglesLBArkansas
2556Tony DixonCowboysDBAlabama
2657Willie HowardVikingsDTStanford
BILLS PICK 2758Travis HenryBillsRBTennessee
2859Marques TuiasosopoRaidersQBWashington
2960Andre DysonTitansDBUtah
3061Shaun RogersLionsDTTexas
3162Gary BaxterRavensDBBaylor

Round 3
163Derrick BurgessEaglesDEMississippi
264Adrian WilsonCardinalsDBNorth Carolina
365James JacksonBrownsRBMiami (FL)
466Sean BrewerBengalsTESan Jose State
567Tay CodyChargersDBFlorida State
668Mike GandyBearsOGNotre Dame
769Eric KellyVikingsDBKentucky
870Sedrick HodgeSaintsLBNorth Carolina
971Bhawoh JuePackersDBPenn State
1072Torrance MarshallPackersLBOklahoma
1173Eric WestmorelandJaguarsLBTennessee
1274Steve SmithPanthersWRUtah
1375Eric DowningChiefsDTSyracuse
1476Ron EdwardsBillsDTTexas A&M
1577Marvin MinnisChiefsWRFlorida State
1678William PetersonGiantsDBWestern Illinois
1779Kareem McKenzieJetsOTPenn State
1880Kevan Barlow49ersRBPittsburgh
1981Kenny SmithSaintsDTAlabama
2082Heath EvansSeahawksRBAuburn
2183Brian AllenRamsLBFlorida State
2284Dwight SmithBuccaneersDBAkron
2385Travis MinorDolphinsRBFlorida State
2486Brock WilliamsPatriotsDBNotre Dame
2587Reggie HaywardBroncosDEIowa State
2688Morlon GreenwoodDolphinsLBSyracuse
2789DeLawrence GrantRaidersDEOregon State
2890Shad MeierTitansTEKansas State
2991Cory BirdColtsDBVirginia Tech
3092Casey RabachRavensCWisconsin
3193Willie BladeCowboysDTMississippi State
3294James BoydJaguarsDBPenn State
BILLS PICK 3395Jonas JenningsBillsOTGeorgia

Round 4
196Kenyatta JonesPatriotsOTSouth Florida
297Anthony HenryBrownsDBSouth Florida
398Bill GramaticaCardinalsKSouth Florida
499Robert GarzaFalconsCTexas A&M-Kingsville
5100Rudi JohnsonBengalsRBAuburn
6101Jamie HendersonJetsDBGeorgia
7102Matt StewartFalconsLBVanderbilt
8103Karon RileyBearsDEMinnesota
9104Orlando HuffSeahawksLBFresno State
10105Bill FerrerioPackersOGWisconsin
11106Chris WeinkePanthersQBFlorida State
12107Monty BeiselChiefsDEKansas State
13108George LayneChiefsRBTexas Christian
14109Sage RosenfelsRedskinsQBIowa State
BILLS PICK 15110Brandon SpoonBillsLBNorth Carolina
16111Mathias NkwentiSteelersOTTemple
17112Carlos PolkChargersLBNebraska
18113Ben HamiltonBroncosCMinnesota
19114Cedric ScottGiantsDESouthern Mississippi
20115Moran NorrisSaintsRBKansas
21116Milton WynnRamsWRWashington State
22117John HowellBuccaneersDBColorado State
23118Ryan DiemColtsOTNorthern Illinois
24119Jabari HollowayPatriotsTENotre Dame
25120Nick HarrisBroncosPCalifornia
26121Correll BuckhalterEaglesRBNebraska
27122Markus SteeleCowboysLBUSC
28123Marcus BellCardinalsDTMemphis
29124Justin McCareinsTitansWRNorthern Illinois
30125Jesse PalmerGiantsQBFlorida
31126Edgerton HartwellRavensLBWestern Illinois
32127Curtis FullerSeahawksDBTexas Christian
33128Floyd WomackSeahawksOGMississippi State
34129Brandon ManumaleunaRamsTEArizona
35130Shawn WorthenVikingsDTTexas Christian
36131Cedric JamesVikingsWRTexas Christian

Round 5
1132Elliot SilversChargersOTWashington
2133Mario FatafehiCardinalsDTKansas State
3134Jeremiah PharmsBrownsLBWashington
4135Victor LeyvaBengalsOGArizona State
5136Vinny SutherlandFalconsWRPurdue
6137Matt LehrCowboysOGVirginia Tech
7138Bernard RobertsonBearsOTTulane
8139Zeke MorenoChargersLBUSC
9140Alex BannisterSeahawksWREastern Kentucky
10141Billy BaberChiefsTEVirginia
11142David LeavertonJaguarsPTennessee
12143Jarrod CooperPanthersDBKansas State
BILLS PICK 13144Marques SullivanBillsOTIllinois
14145Jerametrius ButlerRamsDBKansas State
15146Chukky OkabiSteelersCPurdue
16147Tony StewartEaglesTEPenn State
17148Scotty AndersonLionsWRGrambling
18149Mike McMahonLionsQBRutgers
19150Derrick BlaylockChiefsRBStephen F. Austin
20151Russ HochsteinBuccaneersOGNebraska
21152Raymond WellsColtsDBSouthern Mississippi
22153Onomoe OjoSaintsWRCal-Davis
23154Darnerian McCantsRedskinsWRDelaware State
24155A.J. FeeleyEaglesQBOregon
25156Shawn DraperDolphinsOTAlabama
26157Patrick ChukwurahVikingsLBWyoming
27158Raymond PerrymanRaidersDBNo. Arizona
28159Eddie BerlinTitansWRNo. Iowa
29160John MarkhamGiantsKVanderbilt
30161Chris BarnesRavensRBNew Mexico State
31162Jonathan CarterGiantsWRTroy State
32163Hakim AkbarPatriotsDBWashington

Round 6
1164Brandon WineyDolphinsOTLouisiana State
2165Michael JamesonBrownsDBTexas A&M
3166Bobby NewcombeCardinalsWRNebraska
4167Randy GarnerFalconsDEArkansas
5168Riall JohnsonBengalsDEStanford
6169Cedrick Wilson49ersWRTennessee
7170Chad WardJaguarsOGWashington
8171Daleroy StewartCowboysDTSouthern Mississippi
9172Josh BootySeahawksQBLouisiana State
10173Jason GlennLionsLBTexas A&M
11174Jameel CookBuccaneersRBIllinois
12175Dadrian BrownPanthersRBSyracuse
13176Alex SulfstedChiefsOGMiami (OH)
14177Josh HeupelDolphinsQBOklahoma
BILLS PICK 15178Tony DriverBillsDBNotre Dame
16179Rashad Holman49ersDBLouisville
17180Arthur LovePatriotsTESouth Carolina State
18181Rodney BaileySteelersDEOhio State
19182Roger KnightSteelersLBWisconsin
20183Ellis WymsBuccaneersDEMississippi State
21184Chris CooperRaidersDENebraska-Omaha
22185Mitch WhiteSaintsOTOregon State
23186Mario MondsRedskinsDTCincinnati
24187Otis LeveretteDolphinsDEAlabama-Birmingham
25188Rick CrowellDolphinsLBColorado State
26189Carey ScottVikingsDBKentucky State
27190Kevin KasperBroncosWRIowa
28191Menson Holloway49ersDETexas - El Paso
29192Dan AlexanderTitansRBNebraska
30193Jason DoeringColtsDBWisconsin
31194Joe MaeseRavensCNew Mexico
BILLS PICK 32195Dan O'LearyBillsTENotre Dame
33196Jimmy WilliamsBillsDBVanderbilt
34197Francis S. PaulRamsWRNorthern Arizona
35198David MartinPackersWRTennessee
36199Adam HaayerTitansOGMinnesota
37200Leonard MyersPatriotsDBMiami (FL)

Round 7
1201Brandon GorinChargersOTPurdue
2202Renaldo HillCardinalsDBMichigan State
3203Paul ZukauskasBrownsOGBoston College
4204T.J. HoushmandzadehBengalsWROregon State
5205Dauntae FingerBuccaneersTENorth Carolina
6206James ReedJetsDTIowa State
7207Colston WeatheringtonCowboysDECentral Missouri State
8208John CapelBearsWRFlorida
9209Alex Lincoln49ersLBAuburn
10210Harold BlackmonSeahawksDBNorthwestern
11211Louis WilliamsPanthersOTLouisiana State
12212Shaunard HartsChiefsDBBoise State
13213Anthony DenmanJaguarsLBNotre Dame
BILLS PICK 14214Reggie GermanyBillsWROhio State
15215Corey HallFalconsDBAppalachian State
16216Owen PochmanPatriotsKBYU
17217Situpe PekoJetsOTMichigan State
18218Chris TaylorSteelersWRTexas A&M
19219Kynan ForneyFalconsOGHawaii
20220Rick DeMullingColtsOTIdaho State
21221Ennis DavisSaintsDTPrinceton
22222Dennis NormanSeahawksOTPrinceton
23223Than MerrillBuccaneersDBYale
24224Eric Johnson49ersRBYale
25225Brian CrawfordVikingsOTWestern Oregon
26226Ronald FlemonsFalconsDETexas A&M
27227Mike RobergPanthersTEIdaho
28228Derek CombsRaidersRBOhio State
29229Ken-Yon RamboRaidersWROhio State
30230Ross KolodziejGiantsDEWisconsin
31231Dwayne MissouriRavensDENorthwestern
32232Keith AdamsTitansLBClemson
33233Marlon McCreeJaguarsDBKentucky
34234Joe TafoyaBuccaneersDEArizona
35235Richmond FlowersJaguarsWRChattanooga
36236Quentin McCordFalconsWRKentucky
37237Kris KocurekSeahawksDTTexas Tech
38238Tyrone RobertsonBillsDTHinds Junior College (Miss.)
39239T.J. TurnerPatriotsLBMichigan State
40240John NixCowboysDTSouthern Mississippi
41241Randy ChevierJaguarsDTMcGill
42242Char-ron DorseyCowboysOTFlorida State
43243Terdell SandsChiefsDTChattanooga
44244Robert CarswellChargersDBClemson
45245Andre KingBrownsWRMiami (FL)

The Jokeman
12-29-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
T,

The Bills signed the contract extension with Travis Henry because Travis was short on money and needed some cash... they did it as a favor for the guy.

I didn't know they had him wrapped up through the 2005 season, i thought his contract was up in 2005, which would mean next year is his last.

From nflpa.org regarding Travis Henry's contract status (not including signing bonus'):

2001 $209k
2002 $300k
2003 $389k
2004 $750k
2005 $1.25 million

I suspect IF the Bills do move Henry, I agree with you and it will be after the 2004 season. Next year McGahee will probably see part time action unless he proves to be better then Henry. If he does prove better thrn it make sense to move Henry after 2004 as the new team would still have Henry under contract for 2005 at a reasonable price and that new team could then work out an extension.

Jan Reimers
12-29-2003, 01:14 PM
I just hope TD doesn't treat 2004 as a "luxury" draft as he did 2003. That is, he apparently felt we had the luxury of gambling our 1st pick on a severely injured player at a position where we were already strong; our 2nd on an iffy DE; and our 3rd on a linebacker universally regarded as no better than a backup. I really have a problem with Crowell.

Yes, it's early to judge, and at least McGahee and Kelsay may turn out to be players, but we need to go for immediate help this year. We no longer have the luxury of using high picks on projects and depth.

stuckincincy
12-29-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
I just hope TD doesn't treat 2004 as a "luxury" draft as he did 2003. That is, he apparently felt we had the luxury of gambling our 1st pick on a severely injured player at a position where we were already strong; our 2nd on an iffy DE; and our 3rd on a linebacker universally regarded as no better than a backup. I really have a problem with Crowell.

Yes, it's early to judge, and at least McGahee and Kelsay may turn out to be players, but we need to go for immediate help this year. We no longer have the luxury of using high picks on projects and depth.

I agree. Successful bill's clubs, like most teams, put emphasis in the lines, and since the bump 'n run got tossed out, cb's.

I'm all for solidifying the QB position (and PK - what would have come to pass if Gary Anderson wasn't cut?); wr's and rb's come and go.

I'm also an AFL oldster; names like Nance, Blanda, Flores, Powell, Ladd, Parelli, Lucas and so forth still register in memory.

I feel that my main point in this thread is missed: The Bills have slipped from an competent organization, to something lesser.

I'm concerned that TD was brought in to be the executioner of the local franchise. The retaining, for 3 years, of a blatently poor HC and OC is out of the normal order of business.