PDA

View Full Version : Why are so many people down on the Shaw signing?

Jeff1220
12-28-2003, 10:13 PM
Shaw finished the year with 730something reception yards (21st in the AFC) Moulds was 18th, and both of KC's recievers finished behind Shaw. Josh Reed (Buffalo's supposed #2 finished with 588 yards, while the great, but old, Tim Brown barely cracked 500).
For a guy that didn't cost a whole lot, and was supposed to be a #3 WR, he delivered for the buck. I also remember him being the most consistant third down receiver the Bills had (which isn't saying much, but take it for what it's worth.) I've heard a lot of knocks on him, but I think he's one of the few on the offense that did his job this year.

caveboy
12-28-2003, 10:26 PM
Like everything else in KG's scheme, he could have been utilized better. Either use him as another deep threat to help take pressure off Moulds or keep in close to replace the catches Centers had last year.

But it was the line's fault anyway.

;-p

kdharge
12-28-2003, 10:31 PM
Its simple we needed a speed receiver not another slot guy that we had with Josh Reed.

Throne Logic
12-28-2003, 10:56 PM
Shaw was a big reason this team won as many games as they did. A speed receiver may have helped in other ways, but who would have made those clutch catches in Shaw's place?

BillsOwnAll
12-28-2003, 10:56 PM
with a ACTUAL playcalled and OC. shaw will do good. i have no doubt. shaw has the speeds and hands for it. moulds will teach him more too.

shelby
12-29-2003, 04:18 AM
i like Shaw:up:

Historian
12-29-2003, 07:05 AM
I loved him. He was rookie of the year in 1970.

Jan Reimers
12-29-2003, 07:05 AM
Shaw was a good receiver in a horrible offensive system. That moron KG ran virtually the same pass oriented offense as when we had Price, Centers, and Riemersma, which accentuated our weaknesses.

If we had run the ball properly, using the blocking abilities of Gash and our TEs, Shaw would have been an even more effective possession receiver.

There is no doubt we need a speed WR to go with Moulds, but Shaw could still be a very valuable 3rd or 4th guy.

Patrick76777
12-29-2003, 08:11 AM
Larry Felser hinted around to the fact that Shaw isn’t the greatest route runner and will often be in bad position causing throws to look bad.

I’m not going to sit here and pretend to know about WR routes, so I can’t say if it’s true or not. Just something I heard.

justasportsfan
12-29-2003, 08:21 AM
I think we are fine. Maybe 1 more. Reed has played better than Moulds in his first 2 years. Reed will get better. I like HSaw. He has steeped up at times although had dropsies but so did Moulds and Reed.

If our Ol gives our wr's time to break from their defenders, we will have our long balls again. Watching the fins game, almost every play none of them really went further than 10 yds. because of our OL problems. Ten yds. , our wr's will have to deal w/ too much traffic.