PDA

View Full Version : Ruben's Agent Speaks

LtBillsFan66
12-28-2003, 11:30 PM
Doesn't say much, but he sheds some light. It sounds like Ruben was punished for coming late to a Tuesday practice.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1695462

Novacane
12-28-2003, 11:42 PM
a lot of people like Deirdorkand Sullivan should find out all the facts before they go spouting off. I'm not fan of Ruben Brown for sure but I'm not gonna say he quit on the team when the facts are not even out.

Just another reason to fire Greg IMO. To act like it was a big secret only lead to speculation that Brown did not want to play. That is just the final demonstration he is not cut out to be a head coach.

LtBillsFan66
12-28-2003, 11:43 PM
True that. A lot of people on the boards have been bashing Ruben too. For quitting on the team. Who knows WTF really happened.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-28-2003, 11:49 PM
Still wanna know what the deal with the Raiders helmet in Rubes locker is.. Think Williams planted it?? lol..

Novacane
12-28-2003, 11:52 PM
I bet once the word is official that GW and KG are gone that Ruben blasts them in the media.

Novacane
12-28-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
Who knows WTF really happened.

Jonas Jennings was interviewed on Sports Extra. He said Ruben is mad that people are saying he quit on the team. I really doubt he did. I think it was just Greg trying to make an outspoken critic look like a jerk. Man I hate Greg Williams!

Ebenezer
12-29-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I bet once the word is official that GW and KG are gone that Ruben blasts them in the media.

And right he should...why should the players feel any different than the fans...don't posters get pissed at their employers??

Novacane
12-29-2003, 12:05 AM
I have no problem with him ripping them a new one. They deserve it!

Ebenezer
12-29-2003, 12:09 AM
Sadly, because of GW and KG we really do not know if, other than TH and EM, there is any talent on the offensive side of the ball...Mike Williams will continue to be marginal at best until they get a real OL coach.

shelby
12-29-2003, 03:56 AM
It seems odd to me.....if this were a punishment for being late to a practice, why wouldn't TD or GW say so? :idunno:

The_Philster
12-29-2003, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by shelby
It seems odd to me.....if this were a punishment for being late to a practice, why wouldn't TD or GW say so? :idunno:
maybe they wanted to make him look even worse and have people want to run him out of town.

Turf
12-29-2003, 06:15 AM
I doubt that this is true, it's over simplified.
But if it is, it just exemplifies how Williams doesn't deserve to be a head coach.
And even if its not true, he's still a tool. Him and his mentally ill Gilbride can get the hell out of here.

mybills
12-29-2003, 07:01 AM

because if they make someone else look like an ass, it takes the spotlight off of them! ;)

I was hoping Brown quit on them, I was patting him on the back for having the balls to do it! :up:

Historian
12-29-2003, 07:09 AM

Remember the good old days???? If you were late for practice, you ran laps in full pads until you dropped! :faint:

SABURZFAN
12-29-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Billsology

Remember the good old days???? If you were late for practice, you ran laps in full pads until you dropped! :faint:

too many friggin prima donnas.r.brown is one of them.there's no excuse for being late either.these overpaid idiots need to buy a watch or something.

SABURZFAN
12-29-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

Jonas Jennings was interviewed on Sports Extra. He said Ruben is mad that people are saying he quit on the team. I really doubt he did. I think it was just Greg trying to make an outspoken critic look like a jerk. Man I hate Greg Williams!

if Ruby is so upset,why didn't he say something a little earlier?we're STILL waiting for his side of the story.

SABURZFAN
12-29-2003, 07:33 AM

we're dealing with a bunch of idiots.that's why.:mad:

helmetguy
12-29-2003, 07:36 PM
It all sounded like he was late for practice AND he had said some things in the media about not being motivated anymore this season. My guess is, once KG and/or GW confronted him about it, he finally was pissed off enough to tell them what he REALLY felt. As tenuous a hold GW had on his job, and as vicarious a position KG is now in, the last thing they wanted was to take a disgruntled employee to Foxboro and have a mutiny erupt on national television. After that first series Saturday, can you imagine how RB would have reacted, considering his displays the week before at home against Miami?

Tatonka
12-29-2003, 09:14 PM
they said that his wife was having complications with her pregnancy as well.. i know if i was getting paid millions and my team was 6-9.. i would still tell them to go f themselves if they gave me a little **** for being late to practice.