• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Natrix
    • Jul 2002

Thread for "Drew haters" only

if you like Drew, get lost.

So what's up my fellow realistic, objective fans?

lets turn a negative into a positive. Instead of Being pissed at Bledsoe for being a huge part of this season's disaster, lets laugh at the overrated sack.

feel free to post your most memorable Drew moments.

also, post some funny pictures of the statue getting sacked after holding on to the ball for 6 seconds.

Lets make this the best thread ever!

Byrd.
  • Fairway To Green
    • Jul 2002

I don't hate him but I want him the hell of my football team. Can I still post here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• The Natrix
      • Jul 2002

Yes! just because you are labelled a Drew hater does not mean you hate him. It just means you think he is a detriment to the team.

Byrd.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
        • Jul 2002

My most memorable Drew moment was what I heard yesterday.

He told the CBS crew that Gilbrides offense is his favorite offense he has ever played in. I almost fell off the couch. The main excuse of Bledsoe lovers is the system and then he goes and says what a great system it is. What a self-indictment!

Comment

• The Natrix
          • Jul 2002

that was great! Hopefelly that means he knows he's gone and he is trying to follow Gilbride to where ever that fool is going.

Byrd.

Comment

• Scott
            shelby's big brother
            • Jul 2002

Are you sure you don't mean Rob Johnson?

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

memorable moments? ok, how about every time he does a fake pass, and watches the guy he gave it to, run...which draws the defenses attention to the runner. Does he even know what the word "fake" means?????

:hamrhed:
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• CommissarSpartacus
                • Mar 2003

Throwing the ball away on fourth down to end the game against Philly.

That was jaw dropping.

Even RJ never did anything that stupid.
                My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Alluro
                  You Don't Stand a Chance !
                  • Jul 2002

i remember the AFC championship game where dredsoe came in for brady and everyone tries to give him credit for the win. True, he did have that one drive that brady had set up for him on the short field where he led the team to a TD. After that however, he started playing like vintage dredsoe and nearly gave the game away. Late in the game, i wanna say with around 4 minutes to go, dredsoe throws this ball right into the hands of a pittsburgh defender. If he would have caught the ball, it was a clear td because there was NO ONE between him and the endzone. It would have been a classic Drew flop had the guy caught the ball...but alas, that season the football Gods were cheering for the Pats and Dredsoe dodged a HUGE bullet and got "credit" for the win in relief of brady.

Comment

• Moulds80
                    • Oct 2003

I remember Drew has a Super Bowl ring...
                    I Billieve, always have and always will. Praying for the playoffs.

2004 World Sieres Champions; The Boston Red Sox.

Proud member of both Red Sox Nation and Buffalo Nation

Comment

• pats-were-right
                      Just paint a target on my forehead
                      • Dec 2003

These are all good ones - but Fairway to Green brought up an excellent point. Few people "hate" Drew. he's just not a hatable person. The consequence of that though is that he's gotten so many second, third and fourth chances over his career - "he's a great guy - it can't be his fault."

I was not always a Drew basher. I was there for his best years of 1996 and 1997. Although he was horrendous in the '97 playoffs against Pittsburgh and threw a vintage Drew pick to seal the Pats' fate, I just chalked it up to one bad game and a bad offesnive coordinator, Lary Kennan. Kennan was promptly fired since, due to management's opinion, Drew underacheived during the '97 season.

Statistically '97 remains his best season ever.

'98 and '99 were up and down but I chalked it up to bad coaches and the ability of Parcells / Belichick / Crennel on the Jets to get in his head each year.

2000 was the season I was convinced things would turn around for Drew. Belichick was the coach and he brought the Jets' offensive and defensive coaches with him. "Now they'll teach him how to play - now they'll teach him how to avoid ther traps they had set for him" I thought. With a healthy Terry Glenn and Troy Brown, Drew would light it up.

And boy did he suck.

By the end of 2000 I was officially off the Bledsoe Bandwagon, and so was Belichick. If Drew hadn't been hurt against the Jets in 2001, media sources indicate he would have been subject to a quick hook anyway. It was the end of the line - the end of his Patriots career.

Comment

• LarryBoy
                        The world needs a hero!
                        • Apr 2003

Re: Thread for "Drew haters" only

Originally posted by The Natrix
                        if you like Drew, get lost.

So what's up my fellow realistic, objective fans?

That is an insult. Realistic? Objective? Whatever.

And oh yea, just to clear up some of the dribble in this "greatest thread" ever, he said he liked the way last year the system allowed the WR's to read the D and change their routes accordingly, and he admitted that it wasn't working this year.

If thinking that Bledsoe is a good enough QB to allow us to win games make me a "lover" then whatever, this kind of thread makes me sick.
                        Bills Rock!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I hate Drew Carey. Does that count?

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                            • Jul 2002

Re: Re: Thread for "Drew haters" only

Originally posted by LarryBoy

this kind of thread makes me sick.

Should not have opened it then! It say's "For Drew Haters only"

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                              • Jul 2002

Re: Re: Thread for "Drew haters" only

Originally posted by LarryBoy

That is an insult. Realistic? Objective? Whatever.

Going on Drew's track record what are some realistic reasons to suggest he will get better? Please don't bother with the "better system" excuse. Drews already said this is the best system he's ever played in.

Comment

Working...
                              X