PDA

View Full Version : Thread for "Drew haters" only

The Natrix
12-28-2003, 11:55 PM
if you like Drew, get lost.

So what's up my fellow realistic, objective fans?

lets turn a negative into a positive. Instead of Being pissed at Bledsoe for being a huge part of this season's disaster, lets laugh at the overrated sack.

feel free to post your most memorable Drew moments.

also, post some funny pictures of the statue getting sacked after holding on to the ball for 6 seconds.

Lets make this the best thread ever!

:gossip:

Novacane
12-28-2003, 11:57 PM
I don't hate him but I want him the hell of my football team. Can I still post here!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Natrix
12-28-2003, 11:59 PM
Yes! just because you are labelled a Drew hater does not mean you hate him. It just means you think he is a detriment to the team.

Novacane
12-29-2003, 12:03 AM
My most memorable Drew moment was what I heard yesterday.

He told the CBS crew that Gilbrides offense is his favorite offense he has ever played in. I almost fell off the couch. The main excuse of Bledsoe lovers is the system and then he goes and says what a great system it is. What a self-indictment!

The Natrix
12-29-2003, 12:09 AM
that was great! Hopefelly that means he knows he's gone and he is trying to follow Gilbride to where ever that fool is going.

Scott
12-29-2003, 06:16 AM
Are you sure you don't mean Rob Johnson?

mybills
12-29-2003, 07:08 AM
memorable moments? ok, how about every time he does a fake pass, and watches the guy he gave it to, run...which draws the defenses attention to the runner. Does he even know what the word "fake" means?????

:hamrhed:

CommissarSpartacus
12-29-2003, 07:33 AM
Throwing the ball away on fourth down to end the game against Philly.

That was jaw dropping.

Even RJ never did anything that stupid.

Alluro
12-29-2003, 08:00 AM
i remember the AFC championship game where dredsoe came in for brady and everyone tries to give him credit for the win. True, he did have that one drive that brady had set up for him on the short field where he led the team to a TD. After that however, he started playing like vintage dredsoe and nearly gave the game away. Late in the game, i wanna say with around 4 minutes to go, dredsoe throws this ball right into the hands of a pittsburgh defender. If he would have caught the ball, it was a clear td because there was NO ONE between him and the endzone. It would have been a classic Drew flop had the guy caught the ball...but alas, that season the football Gods were cheering for the Pats and Dredsoe dodged a HUGE bullet and got "credit" for the win in relief of brady.

Moulds80
12-29-2003, 10:00 AM
I remember Drew has a Super Bowl ring...

pats-were-right
12-29-2003, 10:16 AM
These are all good ones - but Fairway to Green brought up an excellent point. Few people "hate" Drew. he's just not a hatable person. The consequence of that though is that he's gotten so many second, third and fourth chances over his career - "he's a great guy - it can't be his fault."

I was not always a Drew basher. I was there for his best years of 1996 and 1997. Although he was horrendous in the '97 playoffs against Pittsburgh and threw a vintage Drew pick to seal the Pats' fate, I just chalked it up to one bad game and a bad offesnive coordinator, Lary Kennan. Kennan was promptly fired since, due to management's opinion, Drew underacheived during the '97 season.

Statistically '97 remains his best season ever.

'98 and '99 were up and down but I chalked it up to bad coaches and the ability of Parcells / Belichick / Crennel on the Jets to get in his head each year.

2000 was the season I was convinced things would turn around for Drew. Belichick was the coach and he brought the Jets' offensive and defensive coaches with him. "Now they'll teach him how to play - now they'll teach him how to avoid ther traps they had set for him" I thought. With a healthy Terry Glenn and Troy Brown, Drew would light it up.

And boy did he suck.

By the end of 2000 I was officially off the Bledsoe Bandwagon, and so was Belichick. If Drew hadn't been hurt against the Jets in 2001, media sources indicate he would have been subject to a quick hook anyway. It was the end of the line - the end of his Patriots career.

LarryBoy
12-29-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by The Natrix
if you like Drew, get lost.

So what's up my fellow realistic, objective fans?

That is an insult. Realistic? Objective? Whatever.

And oh yea, just to clear up some of the dribble in this "greatest thread" ever, he said he liked the way last year the system allowed the WR's to read the D and change their routes accordingly, and he admitted that it wasn't working this year.

If thinking that Bledsoe is a good enough QB to allow us to win games make me a "lover" then whatever, this kind of thread makes me sick.

Mr. Miyagi
12-29-2003, 10:52 AM
I hate Drew Carey. Does that count?

Novacane
12-29-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by LarryBoy

this kind of thread makes me sick.

Should not have opened it then! It say's "For Drew Haters only"

Novacane
12-29-2003, 10:57 AM

That is an insult. Realistic? Objective? Whatever.

Going on Drew's track record what are some realistic reasons to suggest he will get better? Please don't bother with the "better system" excuse. Drews already said this is the best system he's ever played in.

LarryBoy
12-29-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

Drews already said this is the best system he's ever played in.

Thats not what I heard him say...all Ive seen are 3rd and 4th party ideas what what he said, anyone have a real quote in writing, cause he was praising the felxablity of the WR's that the system allowed and also said that they werent doing it this year.

Also, what makes me sick about this thread is the whole "haters only" thing.....I thought we were all Bills fans. Because I think Bledsoe would be ok with help makes me less of a fan not to post on a thread?

Novacane
12-29-2003, 11:14 AM

Also, what makes me sick about this thread is the whole "haters only" thing.....I thought we were all Bills fans. Because I think Bledoe would be ok with help makes me less of a fan not to post on a thread?

It's sarcasam because we have been labled "haters" by posters like saviorbledsoe. No one personally hates DB.

saviorbledsoe
12-29-2003, 12:14 PM
the whole idea of this thread alone is so immature and silly. "For Drew Haters Only"........lol....do us Drew "Lovers" have coodies? I am picturing you guys all huddled up in your tree house with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

saviorbledsoe
12-29-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

It's sarcasam because we have been labled "haters" by posters like saviorbledsoe. No one personally hates DB.

i never called you a DB hater. "Basher" was the label. Dont try to tell me that 90% of your recent posts were not about bashing Drew.

mybills
12-29-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
the whole idea of this thread alone is so immature and silly. "For Drew Haters Only"........lol....do us Drew "Lovers" have coodies? I am picturing you guys all huddled up in your tree house with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

I hate him as a QB. Stick THAT in a sandwich and eat it! :snicker:

caveboy
12-29-2003, 12:54 PM
"I remember Drew has a Super Bowl ring.."

So does Rob Johnson.

;-]

Unfortunately, the problems of the O are intertwined between QB and OC. Both share blame, but I give the majority of it to Drew. While there have been the obvious redzone issues and passing over running, Drew looks now like he's RJ running scared under pressure. Scary thought, but RJ was more mobile.

I don't think being fed fed up with Drew's performance means we are haters. I was pumped when he came here. I bought into the "he'll be ok in a new system, fresh start, second chance" thing too. He had a good year last year. He had the reigns unchallanged at QB for two years, but the Bills are now paying the price for not drafting a QB in the last decade. It looks like Drew's weaknesses are the team's now.

But now, it looks like the O has fed off his lack of confidence – dropped balls, Henry fumbling again, Lindell being, well, Lindell.

As far as help for him, there comes a time when you have to put a lot of this on him. KG sucks for many reasons, but there have been times when Drew has blown basic plays on his own. KG ain't throwing the INTs. (KG still needs to go - look at the redzone play call with Travis on 3rd and goal not handing off to Henry Saturday for further proof, as if we needed any.)

I think Drew's main weakness is now the main problem: he and KG have bought into the mantra of making teams "back off" with the big play downfield, so they won't blitz. Sorry Drew, they'll always come 'cuz they know you're back there. One play won't stop teams from going after an immobile QB.

As for the line, I can't go on and say it's them totally either. It's been the line's fault for close to six years now, since before Flutie. Travis Brown seemed to move ok in there. AVP gets out of the way.

Also, the sack thing doesn't bother me as much as the INTs. Buffalo is among the top three teams in giving up sacks this year with 47 or so. The other two are both over 40 and are in the playoffs (Seattle and Philly.)

Objective look:

PROS:

1) Drew has a great arm for throwing the deep ball.

2) Drew is strong enough to withstand defenders that might bring smaller QB's down.

3) With a quicker scheme of three-step drops and play action, he's solid.

CONS:

1) Because of his great arm strength, he ignores second and third reads that may be closer in favor of the big play down field.

2) Opposite of number two above: he needs to be strong to withstand defenders because he draws so many to him. He's not mobile, not even making enough lateral moves to avoid the sacks he's taken.

3) Offensive lines around him have to play flawlessly in order for him to have a good game.

4) Does not appear to have any touch in the short passing game. Balls thrown lamely at WR's feet, or over the head of WRs that don't even have any CBs near them.

Also lofts balls and throws slowly when attempting screens. LBs are just too fast for him and end up picking these off.

5) Because he seems to be the last of the traditional pocket passer, I think he has problems working in an offense geared toward the run. If Willis comes back, surpasses Henry, and adds spark to the running game, will Drew be content to hand off the ball all the time? No way.

Prediction: keeping Drew, (which appears to be what some analysts are saying is likely), and keeping KG will prevent the team from making progress.

Not helping to a lesser degree is the fact that we also let Price and Centers go because of a GM/coach/OC who thought they could plug ANYONE into their "system" and make it work.

saviorbledsoe
12-29-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by mybills

I hate him as a QB. Stick THAT in a sandwich and eat it! :snicker:

Well guess what..........HE IS COMING BAAAAAACKKKKKKK HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA so DEAL with it.

Novacane
12-29-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe

Well guess what..........HE IS COMING BAAAAAACKKKKKKK HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA so DEAL with it.

We'll see how funny you think it is after another 6-10 season due to his inept play

mybills
12-29-2003, 01:08 PM
If you mean the supposed fumble by TH on Sat, his elbow was clearly down. IMO, we were robbed on that call.

Here's another comment on Drew. He throw a bullet at Moulds btwn 5 & 10 yards in front of him, and Moulds didn't catch it. Hell, I think only Superman can take a bullet that close! Did you see the look Eric gave him after that? lol.

justasportsfan
12-29-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by mybills

I hate him as a QB. Stick THAT in a sandwich and eat it! :snicker: :snicker: Troublemaker.

I don't believe there are Drew haters here. Just Bills fans who love thier team and want to fix what is broken. Even if we are called bashers, it's all good. Better being a basher than blind.

Drewpac
12-29-2003, 02:54 PM
Get ready for another 6-10 season Drew-Lovers.

LarryBoy
12-29-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Drewpac
Get ready for another 6-10 season Drew-Lovers.

Actually, with a revamped line, a good coach who knows how to use his running game and a speedy WR added to the roster, Im thinking 12-4.

pats-were-right
12-29-2003, 03:25 PM

Actually, with a revamped line, a good coach who knows how to use his running game and a speedy WR added to the roster, Im thinking 12-4.

I'm thinking you need to lay off the drugs - or at least give me some.

LarryBoy
12-29-2003, 03:50 PM
Guess only time will tell, eh?

justasportsfan
12-29-2003, 03:57 PM

Actually, with a revamped line, a good coach who knows how to use his running game and a speedy WR added to the roster, Im thinking 12-4. We also need a leader and Drew ain't it.

LarryBoy
12-29-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
We also need a leader and Drew ain't it.

Again, I guess time will tell, eh?

TedMock
12-29-2003, 04:05 PM
I'm still on the fence. Obviously everybody agrees that he's a good guy and a good team player. That's why you'll never hear him bash other players or coaches. I respect that. He's also just come off his worst season ever and has been very inconsistant. More lows than highs since he's been here. What I don't understand is why he's having trouble with short passes. This was not always a problem with him. His best years came with Ben Coats at TE and Keith Byars at FB. Both short options. He was awesome throwing the short - medium passes to them. He comes to Buffalo and we see this great powerful arm last season that wears down as the year goes on. This year was just terrible. He deserves to take blame for the offense, so does Teague, Pucillo/Tucker and Gilbride. I think they were the other big culprits. Drew held the ball too long on some plays and on others he had no chance but the crowd still blamed him. That's fine, we all know football fans are fickle and are all Monday morning QB's. Looking at all of this as objectively as possible, I still don't know! They do need to re-work his deal to make keeping him somewhat acceptable. Even if you love the guy you can't justify $6million.

The_Philster
12-29-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Again, I guess time will tell, eh?

I've been supporting Bledsoe...to an extent..because I feel he has been treated unfairly by many but in this I really agree with justa. He's not the unemotional pathetic type of leader that RJ was but the fire he seemed to have in the past seems to be gone. Maybe that's partly due to the coaching but Kelly had to deal with bad coaching as well (at least at the coordinator level) and he always kept his fire so that's really no excuse. Hopefully, we'll see that fire again next year but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't. Overall, I'd say it's a 50-50 shot that he'll have the fire and desire we need to see at QB.

justasportsfan
12-29-2003, 05:31 PM

Again, I guess time will tell, eh? Last year wasn't time enough? Henry led by example. Injury or no injury he played inspite of Gilbride. Henry was a warrior ,Drew wasn't. I'm speaking with reagard to on field presence. Flutie had more fire.

Kelly was said to have taken things into his own hands when he thought things weren't going their way.

I would've had more respect if it was Drew who confronted KG like Brown did.

pats-were-right
12-30-2003, 07:52 AM
problem is I can't say 100% whether Drew can decipher between a good system and a bad one. He's not stupid but he just zones out sometimes.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 01:45 PM

But he did give the Bills the best chance to win "then" didn't he?

How many more performances like Sunday will it take for you to turn on this Veteren QB?

Mr. Miyagi
11-12-2007, 01:47 PM
I wish the font was smaller in this thread. Too big to read.

Hey BJ - stop being such a hater. You're acting like The Answer.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 02:23 PM
But he did give the Bills the best chance to win "then" didn't he?

How many more performances like Sunday will it take for you to turn on this Veteren QB?
as long as we're winning. Last sundays peformnace was exactly why I prefered Flutie over Robosack. It wasn't always pretty with Flutie but we won.

PromoTheRobot
11-12-2007, 02:46 PM
as long as we're winning. Last sundays peformnace was exactly why I prefered Flutie over Robosack. It wasn't always pretty with Flutie but we won. ...except when he lost.

PTR

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 02:50 PM
...except when he lost.

PTR
no one likes to lose.

BillyT92679
11-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Where is the Todd Collins Haters Only thread?

SquishDaFish
11-12-2007, 03:46 PM
BidsJr this bumping was stupid.

Iehoshua
11-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Bledsoe STILL blows!!!

:bravo:

BillyT92679
11-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Bledsoe STILL blows!!!

:bravo:
I wonder what he is up to nowadays.