PDA

View Full Version : TD Scolds Former Coaches!

LtBillsFan66
12-29-2003, 08:16 AM
"I don't think Drew deserved to be treated the way he was treated this year," Donahoe said. "He's a quality quarterback and he's an even better person. We didn't help him enough. We put him in too many situations where he couldn't win."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20031229/1050402.asp?tbd1050402.asp

Tatonka
12-29-2003, 08:21 AM
link is not working.

LtBillsFan66
12-29-2003, 08:23 AM
It's working. Just slow as $#!t.

Tatonka
12-29-2003, 08:25 AM
"He took more bullets than a '30 Packard in one of those Al Capone movies, and I don't think it was fair," Donahoe said. "I think some other people on our team should have stood up (for him), some of our coaches should have stood up."

Tatonka
12-29-2003, 08:28 AM
it is tough to dislike drew..

i could have strangled him about 100 times this year.. but i do feel bad for him.

justasportsfan
12-29-2003, 08:32 AM
I also feel bad for the times that the OL had held up and Drew took forever to get rid of it. Drew is getting a free pass. NO! He's had his faults just as the OL and coaches had theirs. The blame should be divided equally with those three.

Tatonka
12-29-2003, 08:35 AM
not saying he is not to blame for anything..

just saying he got the **** kicked out of him this year, and that the fans and media destroyed him.. and none of his coaches stood up for him.. and he had his worst statistical season ever.

all i am saying is i feel bad for him.. it was a rough year.

Novacane
12-29-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
He's a quality quarterback and he's an even better person

No one ever said he is not a quality person.

What's TD trying to say???????? You should not critisize a players play if he is a nice guy. BS!

LtBillsFan66
12-29-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

just saying he got the **** kicked out of him this year, and that the fans and media destroyed him.. and none of his coaches stood up for him.. and he had his worst statistical season ever.

I feel the same way.

Novacane
12-29-2003, 08:58 AM
From a business standpoint this was bad timing by TD. He should have waited until he hired a coach. On top of that why should Drew even think about accepting a pay cut now that Donahoe has gushed about what a great QB he is in the paper.

pats-were-right
12-29-2003, 09:09 AM
Sad, sad, sad - If TD keeps it up, he'll sink on the "S.S. Drew" just like Bobby Grier did after the '99 season. Maybe, like Grier, TD will end up some two bit assistant on an expansion team.

Novacane
12-29-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by pats-were-right
Sad, sad, sad - If TD keeps it up, he'll sink on the "S.S. Drew" just like Bobby Grier did after the '99 season. Maybe, like Grier, TD will end up some two bit assistant on an expansion team.

What do you mean by sad, sad, sad! You're a pats fan. You should love it that were keeping Bledsoe!

pats-were-right
12-29-2003, 09:15 AM
I said it in my first post here - Bills fans are the greatest. I honestly feel sorry for you - I'm not being sarcastic - and on some level I feel sorry for Drew. Years of people blowing smoke up his behind make him think he's Dan freaking Marino.

helmetguy
12-29-2003, 04:40 PM
It's easy to look back on the season and say "Drew shoulda done this...Drew shoulda done...blah, blah blah..." ad nauseum, but then again, what did he REALLY have to work with? We all agree that KG was a ****hole of an OC, GW had his head in his ass for letting KG do all the play calling, the O-line had its moments, and the WRs had their share of drops, as well. Bledsoe had his moments, too, but he certainly isn't THE cause for all the offensive ineptitude. If I were to count up all the times he "should have thrown it away" or "should have taken the sack" that were mentioned on these boards, his numbers would have been incredibly worse. The good news is that GW is done; with KG hot on his heels. If the players say that KG didn't give 'em a workable offense (the end result being what we were tortured with) I'd have to believe 'em. Good riddance GW. See ya, KG. The future is already brighter. Addition by subtraction!

shelby
12-29-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

Great post, T. i agree 110%.

TigerJ
12-29-2003, 05:20 PM
I'll wait and see what happens with Drew. I was concerned that many times when he did have time and did throw the ball the passes were off the mark this season. Whether all the blame for accuracy and mechanical problems can be laid to shell shock remains to be seen. I know one of Drew's fortes when he came to Buffalo was supposed to be his accuracy in the long ball. He attempted relatively few long passes this year, in part because Price wasn't here and Moulds was injured, but his accuracy wasn't there on long or short passes. I hope with a new coaching staff and better play form the line it will come back.

Buffalo really needs to draft a QB who could be groomed to be a starter in a year if the Drew reclamation project doesn't pan out for TD.

Dozerdog
12-29-2003, 05:23 PM
No way in hell it happends, but Big Ben Roethlesberger :pray: