PDA

View Full Version : An Aswome Cap scenario.

justasportsfan
12-29-2003, 10:31 AM
Cutting Teague and brown won't save us much and Drew isn't going anywhere. I hope they are all willing to restructure or take a pay cutt so we can get more players to help this team out. Thing is, both Teague and Brown know we are on the Hunt for players who could be a threat to their jobs.

We will need all the cap we can come up with. Cutting their salaries would allow us to keep Winfield and hire a stud DE and OL.

Teams like Miami are in dire need of an OL.

Halbert
12-29-2003, 11:10 AM
I didn't follow you here. How is this an awesome cap scenario?

clumping platelets
12-29-2003, 11:22 AM
Salary cap?

:couch:

Ebenezer
12-29-2003, 11:24 AM
Cutting Brown saves the Bills $36,000 and if they do it before 3/1 they will save another $1.8 mil...that means the replacement has to come in and do a better job for under $1.8 mil. Like it or not RB is a probowler...do you replace a probowler with $1.8 mil???

justasportsfan
12-29-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Halbert
I didn't follow you here. How is this an awesome cap scenario? Well they take a pay cut and give us a few more millions to get the players we need plus resign Winfield.

Devin
12-29-2003, 12:08 PM
drew restructure....hopefully. teague and brown wont make a dent.

Throne Logic
12-29-2003, 12:24 PM
Drew will most likely restructure. He had a god-awful year and should realize that his stock is fairly low right now. He'll want the chance to return to Buffalo and redeem himself. Restructuring would allow him to do this.

Here's the catch. How do you build the restructured deal to not kill Buffalo's cap number if he is cut anytime over the next couple of years?