PDA

View Full Version : Trade up, get LFitzgerald

shadowfax
12-29-2003, 01:18 PM
Roy williams doesn't have the flexibility to stay healthy in the NFL. It's well know that he can't touch his toes, and is a threat to injure his hammys and groin at every turn.

But LFitz is the next great receiver, and his maturity and character are the best in the draft.

Get him. Do what it takes. Trade away our 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th if you have to, just to move up from 13 to 3 or whatever it'll be.

In the second, get the best QB, TE, Center, or guard available. In the third, get the best QB, TE, Center, or guard available, based on round 2.

My hopes: we come away from this draft with no more than 4 picks because we traded up to get Fitzgerald.

1. LFitz
2. Rivers, if there.
3. Peterman, if there. If not, Ben Watson
4. Drew Carter, a speedy WR with potential.

The Spaz
12-29-2003, 01:21 PM
If Fitzgerald says he's coming out and if the NFL lets him. Then yes for the right price.

The Jokeman
12-29-2003, 01:43 PM
No way, as great a talent as LFritz is I don't use a high pick on a WR. I mean look at how well Anquan Boldin did this year and he was 5th WR taken off the board and the 54th overall pick.

Tatonka
12-29-2003, 02:00 PM
yeah.. very rarely do WRs taken that early, live up to expectations any time in the first couple of years.

while many of you have given up on josh reed.. people need to remember that moulds was a pile of crap until his third year.

reed could still be a big time receiver for us.

Devin
12-29-2003, 02:04 PM
Tatonka said it in a post I made a week ago or so, and I well agree. Recievers take a few seasons to develope.

Very very very rarely do you find a moss type reciever.

To be honest id try and trade up 5-6 picks and grab one of those precious QB's.

Then work on WR/OL.

TE isnt a huge need for us really, the ones we have are great they just werent utilized as they should have been in our system under Gilbride.

THATHURMANATOR
12-29-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by shadowfax
Roy williams doesn't have the flexibility to stay healthy in the NFL. It's well know that he can't touch his toes,

I never knew he can't touch his toes.

Brian Griese Rulz
12-29-2003, 02:43 PM
Eli Manning please.

Devin
12-29-2003, 03:59 PM
id take him or the other guy Roeth something lol.

Bert102176
12-29-2003, 04:26 PM
I like that Roethlisberger or what ever his name is, but if he is gone I would take Eli Manning

Bert102176
12-29-2003, 04:27 PM
but I really like LFritz also