PDA

View Full Version : What is up with TD? and his attitude towards the fans?

Novacane
12-29-2003, 04:36 PM
Holy cow was he in a grouchy mood at that press conferance. Saying he was embarrassed to be part of the community was not smart. He's gonna get ripped for that one!

STAMPY
12-29-2003, 04:36 PM
i just listened to the press conference and i dunno wat was TD's deal he completely ripped the buffalo bills, sabres, city of buffalo fan base... Am i missing something here? Did we do something wrong? Alienating your fanbase is not a smart thing to do financally? Why did he have a stick up his ass?

THATHURMANATOR
12-29-2003, 04:37 PM
F HIM!!!

THATHURMANATOR
12-29-2003, 04:38 PM
WELL TD I AM EMBARRASSED WITH THE TEAM AND COACHING STAFF YOU PUT ON THE FIELD THIS YEAR!!!

Novacane
12-29-2003, 04:39 PM
He did not rip the sabres or the City. He just said a lot of people took personal shots at Williams and that makes him embarrassed to be part of the community. Overall he was in a very pissy mood!

STAMPY
12-29-2003, 04:40 PM
the guy on the radio show said that he ripped on the fans and is ashamed to be apart of city

Dozerdog
12-29-2003, 04:40 PM
I'd like to see the transcript-

Lots of quotes getting twisted the wrong way lately

Brian Griese Rulz
12-29-2003, 04:41 PM
He's the one who's ultimately responsible for the product put on the field. I think he may be 1 of the most overrated GM's in the league.

His drafts in Pitts. were not that good and his drafts in Buffalo have hardly been above average.

So far I give him a C- for a grade.

THATHURMANATOR
12-29-2003, 04:42 PM
He said he was embarrassed to be a member of this community. GO BACK TO DA BURGH IN PENNSYLTUCKY THEN.

Brian Griese Rulz
12-29-2003, 04:43 PM
Maybe he's the 4th member of the Dixie Chicks?

I wouldn't mind if TD was fired also.

helmetguy
12-29-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz
He's the one who's ultimately responsible for the product put on the field. I think he may be 1 of the most overrated GM's in the league.

His drafts in Pitts. were not that good and his drafts in Buffalo have hardly been above average.

So far I give him a C- for a grade.

I notice that Pittsburgh hasn't been quite as good since he left as they were when he was replacing FA's with quality drafts. I mean. Tommy Maddox looked like a world beater last night, didn't he? And people say WE have problems? Pittsburgh has problems with hair on 'em compared to ours.

Alluro
12-29-2003, 04:44 PM
If it takes firing TD to get rid of bledsoe...I will him show him the way out of town

Novacane
12-29-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Lots of quotes getting twisted the wrong way lately

I watched it twice. What he said was he has no problem with people not liking the way Greg coached but that he had heard personal attacks on that was not fair. He also said it's not only Greg but that Lindy Ruff and other sports personalities have to go through the same thing.

He than said the people making those remarks should be embarrassed and he was embarrassed to be part of this community because of them.

I think it was intended at some in the media. He will probably come out and clarify that tomorrow. If he listens to it he will realize it sounded bad.

STAMPY
12-29-2003, 04:46 PM
its funny how bledsoe is the blackball of this team... its honestly not tru he's part of the problem not everything

Pride
12-29-2003, 04:48 PM
yeah, I didnt hear it or see it, but if how could he belittle the fans for being pissed and vocalizing it, after 3 years of broken promises???

TD is losing major points with me, has been since week 3.

Novacane
12-29-2003, 04:49 PM
I don't blame him for being ticked. A message board like this is one thing but for people in the media to be taking personal shots at sports personalities is not fair. WGR55 is brutal with thier personal attacks. I think thats where the whole manboobs thing started.

Jerry Sullivan in the News can go overboard sometimes too.

If TD had it to do over again I think he'd word it differant because it came across bad.

Dozerdog
12-29-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I don't blame him for being ticked. A message board like this is one thing but for people in the media to be taking personal shots at sports personalities is not fair. WGR55 is brutal with thier personal attacks. I think thats where the whole manboobs thing started.

If TD had it to do over again I think he'd word it differant because it came across bad.

I was just going to say the same thing-

In this instant world, Internet access, message boards, e-mail, and Radio call in shows, everyone who wants their voice heard can do so.

Imagine the piles of hate mail they get at the stadium. I'm sure "man-boobs" was one of the better names .

Look at this board-

Dump KG, GW, Bledsoe, TD- they are all idiots

Ruben Brown Sucks- dump him

McGahee was a waste

and so on and so on.

THATHURMANATOR
12-29-2003, 04:57 PM

I was just going to say the same thing-

In this instant world, Internet access, message boards, e-mail, and Radio call in shows, everyone who wants their voice heard can do so.

Imagine the piles of hate mail they get at the stadium. I'm sure "man-boobs" was one of the better names .

Look at this board-

Dump KG, GW, Bledsoe, TD- they are all idiots

Ruben Brown Sucks- dump him

McGahee was a waste

and so on and so on.

If they can't handle it then don't make millions of dollars from it and coach highschool football for a teachers salary.

I DON'T BUY IT!!!!

imbondz
12-29-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
If they can't handle it then don't make millions of dollars from it and coach highschool football for a teachers salary.

I DON'T BUY IT!!!!

exactly. grow a pair

helmetguy
12-29-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
the guy on the radio show said...

That should tell you everything you need to know. The radio guys have been known to stir up ****, even when there's no **** to stir.

STAMPY
12-29-2003, 05:14 PM
ya the radio guys were pussies too the guy never responded to TD's blast... he said he was in shock he froze

justasportsfan
12-29-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
i just listened to the press conference and i dunno wat was TD's deal he completely ripped the buffalo bills, sabres, city of buffalo fan base... Am i missing something here? Did we do something wrong? Alienating your fanbase is not a smart thing to do financally? Why did he have a stick up his ass? I heard it. He never mentioned the fans said it. Media could be part of it. He said he was embarrased to be afiliated with this community because of the personal insults that were thrown at GW. No specific group. He never mentioned fans.

imbondz
12-29-2003, 05:18 PM
there's no fans in the community?

justasportsfan
12-29-2003, 05:18 PM

Lots of quotes getting twisted the wrong way lately exactly!

Dozerdog
12-29-2003, 05:19 PM
I'm going to merge this thread with the other TD thread on the same subject

justasportsfan
12-29-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by imbondz
there's no fans in the community? Well could be the community of the media. Who knows. Let's not start interpreting things.

GW said "thank you". Let me interpret it as being sarcastic.

Novacane
12-29-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
No specific group. He never mentioned fans.

I agree. He never said fans. I think it was directed at the media.

Tatonka
12-29-2003, 05:27 PM
TD's exact words were...

"You dont have to agree with a coach's ability to coach, but some of the personal attacks that i have heard about greg williams, about the coach... some of you should be ashamed of yourselves and it makes me embarrassed to be a part of this community."

Tatonka
12-29-2003, 05:28 PM
the way he said that some of "you" meaning the media should be ashamed of yourselves, then mentioned the community.. i definately think he ment the media and their harsh critism.

Dozerdog
12-29-2003, 05:29 PM
I'm not offended by it.

He's not blasting the community- just the goofs who made personal (not professional) attacks on the coaches.

Ebenezer
12-29-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

too frikkin bad...he hired the rednek that came in here and promised the whole yet couldn't coach a junior high team...who came in here with more promises than a liberal during election time...who insulted people who followed this team for year ("the people in this city don't know a good defense)...who couldn't make a gameday decision about which direction to take because of the wind...who couldn't/wouldn't override his offensive coordinator...who couldn't put together an offensive staff to teach players to block..etc, etc, etc.

...at least he had the 'nads to say that HE (TD) had to do a better job of hiring a new coach.

Tatonka
12-29-2003, 05:42 PM
yeah.. he got real ****ty with the reporter who kept pushing about the ruben brown situation.. the reporter said, why dont you just come out and be up front about what happened.. td said, we have been up front.. we said that RB didnt play due to personal reasons, and that is being upfront.. the report said, when you say personal reasons in this town we think someone (mumble mumble)... td responds with "i cant control what this town thinks." boom.. press confrence over..

i honestly think that he was unhappy because he had to fire a nice guy that he wanted to be successful, but who ended up not being.

Ebenezer
12-29-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
yeah.. he got real ****ty with the reporter who kept pushing about the ruben brown situation.. the reporter said, why dont you just come out and be up front about what happened.. td said, we have been up front.. we said that RB didnt play due to personal reasons, and that is being upfront.. the report said, when you say personal reasons in this town we think someone (mumble mumble)... td responds with "i cant control what this town thinks." boom.. press confrence over..

i honestly think that he was unhappy because he had to fire a nice guy that he wanted to be successful, but who ended up not being.

TD is right. He doesn't need to give out any info on why a player is not playing. I would not want some of that stuff coming out if I were a player...

And again TFB that he had to get rid of GW. The next one is on him. The gloves are off for TD. He made himself fair game for media in this town.

The_Philster
12-29-2003, 06:52 PM

Nice guy that was never man enough to take the heat for his own screw-ups

Tatonka
12-29-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Nice guy that was never man enough to take the heat for his own screw-ups

i am not talking about any of his coaching.. he did a ****ty job.. we are past that now.. regardless, greg seems like a good enough person, and i am sure that you become friends with someone working 80 hours a week for 3 years..

i am just saying i think he was upset to a certain extent because he had to kick a nice guy to the curb because he didnt live up to expectations, regardless of whose fault it was..

such is life.. that is his job i know..

LtBillsFan66
12-29-2003, 10:49 PM
I still love TD.

I'm embarrassed too. The hatred and negativity goes way too far sometimes.

I didn't think Gregg was a good coach for the Bills. But I didn't friggin hate the guy. I don't know him.

And the Ruben situation probably was the straw that broke the camel's back. I really have never seen so much venom so fast towards any other player. That's before ANYONE knew what the real deal was.

Demon
12-29-2003, 11:27 PM
Someone tell TD to stop worrying about the fans and community and hit the "NFL Draft 101" books.......

StillLurkin
12-30-2003, 12:58 AM
I'm not offended in any way by what TD said. If someone throws barbs at me, or friends, i'll toss them right back. IMO, it's a big stink over nothing.

Bulldog
12-30-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Demon
Someone tell TD to stop worrying about the fans and community and hit the "NFL Draft 101" books.......

Yeah, I mean if he would have listened to the people on this board we would be in the Super Bowl this year. Get real. I truly believe that TD knows a hell of alot more than anyone on this board could possibly dream of.

Historian
12-30-2003, 07:55 AM

I'll grant you that it is never easy to discharge an employee. I can tell you that from experience. That being said however, I saw the PC live, and there is no way you take pot shots at the fans, not the way this team played this year. I wouldn't weep warm, salty tears for Gregg Williams either...he's almost three million dollars richer thanks to his little stay here in our fair city.

With eight straight sellouts...60,000 fans for a preseason game, and 250 dollars for a ***** jersey...he's got a lot of nerve. This idiot was his choice, not ours. He set him up to fail by only giving him a three year contract, which in essence, was only two years, if you discount the cap purges of 2001.

Ya know, there's one thing these multi-million dollar assh***s will never understand, no matter how many MBAs they have...and that's that WE are the Buffalo Bills... the FANS and the COMMUNITY.

Players, coaches, and GMs are only depreciating parts, which can be replaced at any time.

CommissarSpartacus
12-30-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Billsology
I'll grant you that it is never easy to discharge an employee. I can tell you that from experience. That being said however, I saw the PC live, and there is no way you take pot shots at the fans, not the way this team played this year. I wouldn't weep warm, salty tears for Gregg Williams either...he's almost three million dollars richer thanks to his little stay here in our fair city.

With eight straight sellouts...60,000 fans for a preseason game, and 250 dollars for a ***** jersey...he's got a lot of nerve. This idiot was his choice, not ours. He set him up to fail by only giving him a three year contract, which in essence, was only two years, if you discount the cap purges of 2001.

Ya know, there's one thing these multi-million dollar assh***s will never understand, no matter how many MBAs they have...and that's that WE are the Buffalo Bills... the FANS and the COMMUNITY.

Players, coaches, and GMs are only depreciating parts, which can be replaced at any time.

Exactly.

I've been a Bills fan for 40 years. Tom Donahoe has been here for 3 years.

I don't have to prove anything to Tom Donahoe. Tom Donahoe has something to prove to me.

And 17 - 31 ain't proving a hell of a lot.

Suck it up, stop whining and perform.

Demon
12-30-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog

Yeah, I mean if he would have listened to the people on this board we would be in the Super Bowl this year. Get real. I truly believe that TD knows a hell of alot more than anyone on this board could possibly dream of.

Bills have had HORRIBLE drafts with Donahoe. You can't say i'm wrong.

mchurchfie
12-30-2003, 04:46 PM
TD wouldn't cut it in NY with the Giants or Jets.:shakeno:

SABURZFAN
12-31-2003, 09:33 AM

you're wrong.he hasn't been any worse than that 2000 draft that we had.i think butler "tanked" that draft.last year may have been the worse draft that TD has had.

The_Philster
12-31-2003, 01:06 PM

You're wrong

There, I said it. :nana:

Patrick76777
12-31-2003, 01:12 PM
I didn't read this whole thing, but it was obvious that he was referring to talk radio, if you listened to the whole thing, it wouldn't be about one stupid sound bite and I'd like to know how you can rate a draft before 3 years!

The_Philster
12-31-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
I didn't read this whole thing, but it was obvious that he was referring to talk radio, if you listened to the whole thing, it wouldn't be about one stupid sound bite and I'd like to know how you can rate a draft before 3 years!

It's simple. You can't, not with any accuracy.

timfromjersey
01-01-2004, 10:01 AM
Interesting thread. Here are a few of my thoughts, now that I feel like posting again since the firing of " old 'Three and Out'." Never has an epithet been more apropos. Hence forth I will never refer to GW as GW or anything else but that moniker.

First, as far as rating a draft three years or otherwise, it is amazing how many times I've heard during the second half of the '03 season, announcers refering to this years New England draft as an great draft, especially in terms of the defensive players drafted. It is true that with some players/positions you have to take a wait and see to allow developement. But certain players and postions make immediate impacts or positive contributions. I think you can get a feel for your draft choices in less then three years.

As far as TD's press conference; I didn't hear it, but reading this site's reports of it, the least vague thing he said was that he was ashamed of being part of community that supports the Bills. Community means a body of people living under the same laws or in a specific district, in otherwords - the neighborhood. That is All INCLUSIVE. Residents, businesses and government. I've never seen any sports figure who wanted to complain about "the press," not directly say "you guys in the press...". TD's statements are just what they are, an indictment of the Buffalo fans, no more no less. Don't be suprised if The Bill's owner has been getting wind of what we say on fan sites as well.

As far as that "nice guy - works hard BS, so what!?! Rich Kotite was one of the nicest and hardest working coaches down in Jersey a few years ago but he sucked to high heaven. Old "Three and Out" promised in the first year, the team would be more disciplined, and that was BS. I knew then and there he would suck.

I WANT COMPETENT, NOT LIKED AND HARDWORKING IN A COACH! I'll take a Bill Parcells molded coach over an "Old Three and Out" any day of the week

Sorry about the long post, folks but that was about 3 months of pent up not posting frustration.

The_Philster
01-01-2004, 12:18 PM
You can hear it here (http://www.billszone.com/media/122903-TD-PC-Williams_Firing.wma), tim ;)

Halbert
01-02-2004, 09:02 AM
That's a very tough statementto defend.

The 2001 Buffalo Bills Draft:

1 21 Nate Clements DB Starter
2 15 Aaron Schobel DE Starter
2 27 Travis Henry RB Starter
3 14 Ron Edwards DT Key Backup
3 33 Jonas Jennings T Starter
4 15 Brandon Spoon LB Cut
5 13 Marques Sullivan T Key Backup
6 15 Tony Driver DB Cut
6 32 Dan O'Leary TE Cut
6 33 Jimmy Williams DB Cut
7 14 Reggie Germany WR Cut
7 38 Tyrone Robertson DT Cut

The 2002 Buffalo Bills Draft:

1 4 Mike Williams T Starter
2 4 Josh Reed WR Starter
2 29 Ryan Denney DE Starter (not for long probably)
3 32 Coy Wire DB Key Backup
5 4 Justin Bannan DT Backup
6 4 Kevin Thomas DB 2nd Backup
7 4 Mike Pucillo G Backup
7 39 Rodney Wright WR Cut
7 41 Jarrett Ferguson RB Cut
7 49 Dominique Stevenson LB Backup

The 2003 Buffalo Bills Draft:

1 23 Willis McGahee RB Key Backup
2 16 Chris Kelsay DE Key Backup
3 30 Angelo Crowell LB Backup
4 14 Terrence McGee DB Key Backup (Nickel)
4 30 Sam Aiken WR Backup
5 16 Ben Sobieski G Cut
6 14 Lauvale Sape DT 2nd Backup
7 14 Mario Haggan LB 2nd Backup

Totals:

30 Picks
7 Starters
6 Key Backups (plays regularly)
7 Backups
9 Cuts

The_Philster
01-02-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Halbert

7 4 Mike Pucillo G Backup
5 16 Ben Sobieski G Cut

Pucillo was a starter in 2003 and Sobieski is a backup.

G. Host
01-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Billsology

It was a two year window because GW made decsion to cut players (i.e. Keion) to keep yes men and completely revise a scheme was working. Phil Hansen made some comments after he left and so did several others. He CHOOSE to tank the first season because "he knew better" than previous staff. His list said so.

G. Host
01-05-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Halbert

1 23 Willis McGahee RB Key Backup

Totals:

30 Picks
7 Starters
6 Key Backups (plays regularly)
7 Backups
9 Cuts

Willis McGahee - project not key backup and a first round pick at that. That first round pick was not liked by Defense staff at all (I was at draft party). Add in trade up for Denney.

Not objective at all