PDA

View Full Version : Miracle?

SabreEleven
12-29-2003, 05:14 PM
Is anybody else going to go see the movie "Miracle"? It is about the Miracle on Ice from 1980. It comes out on 6 Jan 04. It looks interesting but what could they tell about the story that we don't know and why is it coming out now. Is it because Herb Brooks died?

SABuffalo786
12-29-2003, 07:14 PM
Saw the preview. I've got a bad feeling that Disney is going to ruin it.

SkateZilla
12-29-2003, 07:47 PM
im going...

hopefullyi ts not "Mighty Ducks" Based hehe..

Ð
12-29-2003, 09:02 PM
When they had Eruzione call "the flying vee" I knew it was a baaaaad movie.

Myers57
12-30-2003, 02:34 PM
sounds like a good movie, although i would rather have any company do it besides disney...

JD
12-31-2003, 11:42 AM
It's going to be a Mighty Ducks Love Story I bet.

Disney + Hockey = pffffftt...

hurls
12-31-2003, 02:17 PM
The original can't be beaten, with Karl Malden as Herb Brooks

SabreEleven
12-31-2003, 03:25 PM
As a hockey fan, I'm embarassed to watch those Mighty Duck movies. They put the game of hockey to shame. I can't even name a good hockey movie off the top of my head. Slapshot? but I haven't seen that movie in about 10 years.

Ð
12-31-2003, 03:38 PM
Slapshot was good, but Slapshot II was awwwwwwful.

alyson
12-31-2003, 05:44 PM
I never saw that movie that took place in Alaska, some guys got together to play hockey there? Maybe it was called Mystery, Alaska? Anyway, I heard that was good.

alyson
12-31-2003, 05:45 PM
One more thing; unfortunately, when people want to portray hockey in movies, they want it to be all dumb Canadians with no teeth. This sport has the worst image among people who don't know anything about it (which is most Americans!).

SabreEleven
12-31-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by alyson
I never saw that movie that took place in Alaska, some guys got together to play hockey there? Maybe it was called Mystery, Alaska? Anyway, I heard that was good.

Yes, that is the name of the movie, and it was a pretty good movie...It had it's funny parts.

Myers57
01-01-2004, 01:28 PM
Mystery Alaska was a great movie and so was slapshot...

pyrrhonist
01-02-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Afinogenov61
Mystery Alaska was a great movie and so was slapshot...

Agreed. Slapshot is a classic that any self-respecting hockey fan should see/have seen. I also enjoyed Mystery, Alaska. :bigwave:

Erik vonDarkmoor
01-02-2004, 12:44 PM
Miracle comes out February 6th and I posted the preview in another thread.

Earthquake Enyart
01-02-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by alyson
One more thing; unfortunately, when people want to portray hockey in movies, they want it to be all dumb Canadians with no teeth.

Hockey is mostly dumb Canadians with no teeth. :eek:

They even proclaim it to be their game.

SkateZilla
01-30-2004, 10:18 PM
Just and Update For You,

I Watched a 2 hour behind the Scenes,

the Acotrs Had to Goto a 5 Month Hockey Training Camp Prior to Making the Finaly Cast for the Movie,

Some Sources Also Say that the Movie is More Realistic instead of the usual Disney Mighty Ducks Approach.

Ð
02-02-2004, 12:43 PM
It's gonna bomb. :down:

SabreEleven
02-02-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Ð
It's gonna bomb. :down:

If they only show it in Canada

Ð
02-02-2004, 01:39 PM
Nope, niche-market film that only folks from hockey falls will see.

The Spaz
02-02-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Ð
Nope, niche-market film that only folks from hockey falls will see.

Yeah it's about hockey but it's also about USA as a whole!

alyson
02-02-2004, 02:00 PM
Right, it's definitely a "let's see how we beat the Russians" kind of feel. Anyone who is 25 or older will see it just to get that feeling. And I think the timing is really good, based on how the rest of the world hates us right now. I'm going to see it, if not just out of curiosity.

Myers57
02-03-2004, 11:05 AM
I am going to see it, not because of the stupid American pride in it, but because a hcokey movie doesn't come out every day and this may be the last one for awhile...

The Spaz
02-03-2004, 11:10 AM
I am going to see it, not because of the stupid American pride in it, but because a hcokey movie doesn't come out every day and this may be the last one for awhile...

Stupid american pride? Do you have any respect for your country?

Turf
02-03-2004, 09:59 PM
Just don't spoil the plot for me and tell me who won. Good rental.

JD
02-04-2004, 02:36 PM
Stupid American pride?

Thousands are over in Iraq risking their lives for you to live a normal life, and thats what you say????
wow...

You my friend, are a disgrace to our country.

Twistmyarm
02-04-2004, 03:02 PM
stupid American pride in it

absolutley the dumbest, most ignorant post I have ever read on this forum!

stupid American Pride...if you don't like the freedoms you enjoy in this country everyday son...GET THE F*** OUT THEN!:madcurse: :madcurse:

It's because of "stupid American Pride" that a little punk like you can sit in front of a computer and write something like that on an open forum without some form of censorship or someone knocking down your door for expressing views that are not conforming!

So although thanks to good old "stupid American Pride" nobody can stop you from saying **** like that, we can also say back to you that you shouldn't let your tadpole ass run away with your alligator mouth! Or some 210lb 6'2" armed forces veteran like me might, juuust might take offense to it!

The Spaz
02-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by keepdasabesinbuffalo

absolutley the dumbest, most ignorant post I have ever read on this forum!

stupid American Pride...if you don't like the freedoms you enjoy in this country everyday son...GET THE F*** OUT THEN!:madcurse: :madcurse:

It's because of "stupid American Pride" that a little punk like you can sit in front of a computer and write something like that on an open forum without some form of censorship or someone knocking down your door for expressing views that are not conforming!

So although thanks to good old "stupid American Pride" nobody can stop you from saying **** like that, we can also say back to you that you shouldn't let your tadpole ass run away with your alligator mouth! Or some 210lb 6'2" armed forces veteran like me might, juuust might take offense to it!

Thank god I wasn't the only one that was ticked at his post!:mad::madcurse:

Myers57
02-04-2004, 06:25 PM
I would apologize, but I am just sick...

Oh Canada! Our home and native land...

Anywho have all the pride in the world that you want, frankly I could care less and if I am ignorant so be it but by no means will I be brainwashed to enjoy the stupid "I love the USA" tear tear...

SABURZFAN
02-04-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

Hockey is mostly dumb Canadians with no teeth. :eek:

They even proclaim it to be their game.

it used to be that way in the NHL until the prima donnas from overseas come over.

JD
02-05-2004, 08:20 AM
Why dont you move to canada? or Iraq? That would be great to bomb you.

Ð
02-05-2004, 08:56 AM
Considering the 1980 USA/Russia Olympic semifinal game wasn't even on live television in the US (Ironically, it was in Canada),
I find it hilarious that the "defining moment" in USA hockey was seen by only about 8000 fans, and the rest is (revisionist) history. :up:

IHateTheDullphins
02-05-2004, 09:28 AM
I would apologize, but I am just sick...

Oh Canada! Our home and native land...

Anywho have all the pride in the world that you want, frankly I could care less and if I am ignorant so be it but by no means will I be brainwashed to enjoy the stupid "I love the USA" tear tear...

doesn't sound like you're ignorant. just sounds like you're an idiot. don't kid yourself either, Canada belongs to us. We just allow you to stay there. :snicker:

The Spaz
02-05-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Ð
Considering the 1980 USA/Russia Olympic semifinal game wasn't even on live television in the US (Ironically, it was in Canada),
I find it hilarious that the "defining moment" in USA hockey was seen by only about 8000 fans, and the rest is (revisionist) history. :up:

The fact of the matter is that it happened period!:up:

Ð
02-05-2004, 09:40 AM
It was one of the greatest Memorex moments in history.

The Spaz
02-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Ð
It was one of the greatest Memorex moments in history.

Go linger in your canadian history.

Ð
02-05-2004, 10:11 AM
OK. There's plenty of hockey history in Canada, thank you.

Makaveli
02-05-2004, 02:40 PM
even though I'll probably end up going to see this tomorrw anyway only because it's hockey...

the one thing I hate about this, is the U.S. always has to make themselves seem like the best and they have to make a huge deal out of and over-emphasize everything, (and oh I am pure Canadian so I don't care what you say about me and "american pride" or whatever :D) damn Amerks :finfan:

The Spaz
02-05-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Makaveli
even though I'll probably end up going to see this tomorrw anyway only because it's hockey...

the one thing I hate about this, is the U.S. always has to make themselves seem like the best and they have to make a huge deal out of and over-emphasize everything, (and oh I am pure Canadian so I don't care what you say about me and "american pride" or whatever :D) damn Amerks :finfan:

It was a big deal because the cold war was going on and the Russians hadn't been beat it forever that it why it is such a big deal. Pure Canadian huh what do you mean everyone in your family was born in Canada or what?

Makaveli
02-05-2004, 03:19 PM
yea I don't have any american relatives. And Canada beating Russia was bigger than the US doing it, well I guess not since the US were/are just so crappy that it was huge when they finally won :D :tomato:

JD
02-05-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Makaveli

the one thing I hate about this, is the U.S. always has to make themselves seem like the best

hmm...maybe because we are?

alyson
02-05-2004, 04:39 PM
We can't even have a post about how cool it is that a hockey movie is getting publicity without fighting about our pride and which country is better. Come on people, hockey is our great uniter :)
Anyway, I heard it's a good movie from a few different people so I'm looking forward to seeing it.
And I just want to weigh in on all this... I love my country but am totally ashamed by how we stick our noses in everyone's business (and have the worst president in history right now!). Sometimes it's necessary (like to be humanitarians, which I don't think we do enough of) but we go WAY overboard. That said, I am extremely happy to live here, and wouldn't want to live anywhere else, and I think it kicks ass that we beat Russia. Since most of us weren't alive during the game we have to enjoy it vicariously, and the best way is on the big screen! And those of you who live here (at least in North America) should be happy because we have so much more freedom and opportunities than most other people. Get over the USA vs. Canada crap already. We should be grateful that Canada sustains hockey for us!

Twistmyarm
02-05-2004, 05:34 PM
We should be grateful that Canada sustains hockey for us!

They do? Wow that's freakin news to me...

and have the worst president in history right now of course seeing as how you believe that Canada sustains hockey for us, I can understand how you can think this.

Clinton was a much better president...boinking interns instead of taking care of the problems that have grown into what they are today.

...BTW while Canada is sustaining hockey for us...how many teams do they have left?.....How many does the US have?

Hockey may have grown to what it is today thanks to Canadian teams, but I think we've done our own to keep it going...

SabreEleven
02-05-2004, 06:31 PM
We should be grateful that Canada sustains hockey for us!

They can sustain hockey and USA will sustain the Stanley cup.

Ð
02-05-2004, 09:13 PM
With mostly Canadian players LOL

Myers57
02-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Ð
With mostly Canadian players LOL

lmao!

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
hmm...maybe because we are?

so dumb, i hate it when people like to brag about the US power, it si just absolutely ridiculous...

I absolutely agree with Alyson, its astonishing on how people get all pissy over which country is better, I disagree with Americas views of the world and what it does, thats why I was so anti-american pride. I never said the US was a bad country, I just dislike how people thing we are the greatest country ever and that we should be snots about it!

The Spaz
02-06-2004, 11:17 AM

lmao!

so dumb, i hate it when people like to brag about the US power, it si just absolutely ridiculous...

I absolutely agree with Alyson, its astonishing on how people get all pissy over which country is better, I disagree with Americas views of the world and what it does, thats why I was so anti-american pride. I never said the US was a bad country, I just dislike how people thing we are the greatest country ever and that we should be snots about it!

I did't say it was the best and nobody got pissy about it until you said I'm not going to see the movie because of the stupid american pride in it.

Myers57
02-06-2004, 11:20 AM
I never said I wouldn't see the movei, I actual said that I would, I just really am sick of all the sappy American pride in it...

Anywho, lets just forget about this issue because all we are going to do from here on out is bicker about it so lets just agree to disagree and forget it...

please?:cold:

The Spaz
02-06-2004, 11:24 AM
I never said I wouldn't see the movei, I actual said that I would, I just really am sick of all the sappy American pride in it...

Anywho, lets just forget about this issue because all we are going to do from here on out is bicker about it so lets just agree to disagree and forget it...

please?:cold:

Ok last thing. I know you said you were going to see it but not because of the stupid american pride in it.:up:

Myers57
02-06-2004, 11:27 AM
:D

The Spaz
02-06-2004, 11:31 AM
:D

Exactly!

alyson
02-06-2004, 11:34 AM
OK, so whoever sees the movie first, post on here and tell us how it is. I want to see it soon, but I think my weekend is already kind of full. I want to hear peoples' reactions though. Just don't give away the ending :) I know, bad joke, already used!

Ð
02-06-2004, 01:01 PM
I saw it. Finland wins.