PDA

View Full Version : Phin fans think they're getting Peyton Manning

Novacane
12-29-2003, 05:46 PM
Hank is hinting at the Dolphins having "lofty QB ambitions."

These guys are smoking crack!

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29584&perpage=15&display=&pagenumber=2

The Spaz
12-29-2003, 05:48 PM
:beer:

justasportsfan
12-29-2003, 05:48 PM
Yeah! Who's gonna block for him? Ricky? They don't have the cap.

BillyT92679
12-29-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Yeah! Who's gonna block for him? Ricky? They don't have the cap.

Exactly, aren't the Dolphins like WAY over the cap for next year?

Novacane
12-29-2003, 05:51 PM
Let em dream. We all do it. It is funny though!

helmetguy
12-29-2003, 05:52 PM
Share some of the finhell wisdom, FTG. Some of us *******s are banned from there!

Ebenezer
12-29-2003, 05:53 PM
Please...stuff like that will make me lose weight because I laugh so hard I would puke up my own fat!!!!!

They are on such glue...they should sell that stuff in the streets...oh, yeah, it's Miami, they already do.

justasportsfan
12-29-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by BillyT92679

Exactly, aren't the Dolphins like WAY over the cap for next year?

Yo CLUMP!!!!! Somebody said "cap"!

Bert102176
12-29-2003, 06:00 PM
well that's the fins fans for ya they don't understand anything including the cap

baalworship
12-29-2003, 06:03 PM
My favorite recent Finheaven moment was when someone started a Hank Goldberg said the Bills are hiring Wanny! thread. All these dumb fin fans assumed we want their leftovers. Duh! We only want New England leftovers....

Soon after Wanny was retained Fin fans are now hoping that next year will be the year they get back into the playoffs so they can get blown out again.

justasportsfan
12-29-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by baalworship
My favorite recent Finheaven moment was when someone started a Hank Goldberg said the Bills are hiring Wanny! thread. All these dumb fin fans assumed we want their leftovers. Duh! We only want New England leftovers....

Soon after Wanny was retained Fin fans are now hoping that next year will be the year they get back into the playoffs so they can get blown out again. Finfans need any positive news that they will believe anything.

I think I should go over and tell them Whacko Jacko will be their next OC to go with Manning.

Novacane
12-29-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Share some of the finhell wisdom, FTG. Some of us *******s are banned from there!

Hank just said he wouldn't be suprised if the Phins made a huge run at Manning.

PEYTON FOR QB!! PEYTON FOR QB!!!

Oh no....Am I going to have to temporarily suspend my "Brunnell for QB." campaign to start the "Peyton for QB." campaign.

Its got me wondering!!! Peyton and Ricky...wow!!!

Dan Marino as the QB coach...OJ McDuff. as the WR coach!!!

Okay, I'm dreaming but Peyton in Miami!!! Holy *****!!!

I think every dolphin would be willing to restructure to make a run at manning SSSSSSSSSWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT.

Hopefully the Colts lose in the first round again and he wants to leave really bad...

If we get Manning, you can print up the Super Bowl tickets.

Just a little of the insanity being exibited. There are a few trying to talk some sense but the crack heads are not listening!

Ebenezer
12-29-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Yo CLUMP!!!!! Somebody said "cap"!

according to CP they are not in that much trouble. they, however, will not be able to sign Manning...well, Brian Manning maybe.

justasportsfan
12-29-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

according to CP they are not in that much trouble. they, however, will not be able to sign Manning...well, Brian Manning maybe. I doubt They will sacrifice the entire team to hire Manning. They have tons of wholes to fix. Their OL is just as bad as ours and their D declined compared to last year.

The Spaz
12-29-2003, 06:22 PM
Yeah holes.J/k:beer:

SABURZFAN
12-29-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

Hank just said he wouldn't be suprised if the Phins made a huge run at Manning.

PEYTON FOR QB!! PEYTON FOR QB!!!

Oh no....Am I going to have to temporarily suspend my "Brunnell for QB." campaign to start the "Peyton for QB." campaign.

Its got me wondering!!! Peyton and Ricky...wow!!!

Dan Marino as the QB coach...OJ McDuff. as the WR coach!!!

Okay, I'm dreaming but Peyton in Miami!!! Holy *****!!!

I think every dolphin would be willing to restructure to make a run at manning SSSSSSSSSWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT.

Hopefully the Colts lose in the first round again and he wants to leave really bad...

If we get Manning, you can print up the Super Bowl tickets.

Just a little of the insanity being exibited. There are a few trying to talk some sense but the crack heads are not listening!

:laughter:

every dolphin will restructure.......:laughter:

print up the Super Bowl tickets.........:laughter:

this is homerism at its finest.

justasportsfan
12-29-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN

:laughter:

every dolphin will restructure.......:laughter:

print up the Super Bowl tickets.........:laughter:

this is homerism at its finest.

Hey Fiedler is the best athlete in the NFL. :snicker:

cordog
12-29-2003, 07:13 PM
OH BOY

Between GW getting canned and reading all the crazy phin fans thinking theyre getting manning, this has been one great day!

helmetguy
12-29-2003, 07:15 PM
...they should sell that stuff in the streets...oh, yeah, it's Miami, they already do.

"Pssst! Hey! Buddy! Wanna buy some crack?"
"Ummm, no thanks, Officer!'

dolfan25
12-29-2003, 07:31 PM
About as realistic as this thread

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?postid=443685#post443685

nolimit
12-29-2003, 07:31 PM
Ebenezer tried to talk some sense into them but they are too stupid!

ryguy8161
12-29-2003, 07:40 PM
Can someone explain how people know that the Fins want Manning? Aren't they still looking for a GM to make personell desicions?

nolimit
12-29-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by ryguy8161
Can someone explain how people know that the Fins want Manning? Aren't they still looking for a GM to make personell desicions?

Fat Azz Hank Goldberg speculated!

JefftheBillsfan
12-29-2003, 08:25 PM
...i guess they want manning to correct their playoff percentage? so how many career post-season victories does manning have again?

bigbry
12-29-2003, 08:29 PM

according to CP they are not in that much trouble. they, however, will not be able to sign Manning...well, Brian Manning maybe.

I see its Eb's turn to use the brain cell tonight.

BB

Ebenezer
12-29-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by bigbry
I see its Eb's turn to use the brain cell tonight.

BB

you think they are getting Manning, too?? :rolleyes:

bigbry
12-29-2003, 08:35 PM

you think they are getting Manning, too?? :rolleyes:

No not at all.

BB

Mud
12-29-2003, 08:39 PM
You guys aren't arrogant, right? Majority of them said it was wishful thinking, but of course a Bills fan won't mention that. He just wants to gain points with his buddy.

Ebenezer
12-29-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Mud
You guys aren't arrogant, right? Majority of them said it was wishful thinking, but of course a Bills fan won't mention that. He just wants to gain points with his buddy.

ok, oh wise one, please tell me how the 'Fins will fit Peyton Manning into their salary cap and still keep the nucleus of their team...unless you can shut the frik up.

bigbry
12-29-2003, 08:45 PM

ok, oh wise one, please tell me how the 'Fins will fit Peyton Manning into their salary cap and still keep the nucleus of their team...unless you can shut the frik up.

:psyche:

Novacane
12-29-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by dolfan25
About as realistic as this thread

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?postid=443685#post443685

HUGE differance. WallyO is not going to cost anywhere near what Peyton Manning is going to cost. Signing Manning will screw up any teams sal cap. To compare those two players is crazy!

Novacane
12-29-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Mud

I don't know about majority. It seemed it was split pretty much 50/50 between the crack smokers and the realistic fin fans!

Novacane
12-29-2003, 09:03 PM
Oh crap..............it's official now!

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/images/uploaded/209_photo.jpg

PhinPhreak
12-29-2003, 09:08 PM
Hey after another heartbreaking season there is nothing to look forward to until the offseason begins, let them have their dreams. I bet a few years ago if a Bills fan had said you were getting Bledsoe he would have been called crazt too.

Just for the record I don't believe it Brunell is a more likely option.

Novacane
12-29-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhreak
I bet a few years ago if a Bills fan had said you were getting Bledsoe he would have been called crazt too.

If we knew the future we would have been crying!!! How about us signing Manning and trading Bledsoe to the fins!

Mud
12-29-2003, 09:13 PM
Are you scared to post something on finheaven, Fairway to Green? Why don't you tell them how you feel rather than be a chicken and come here?

Novacane
12-29-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Mud
Are you scared to post something on finheaven, Fairway to Green? Why don't you tell them how you feel rather than be a chicken and come here?

Because the thin skinned mods over there have already banned me twice. half the posters overthere are a bunch of :wail: You call them on thier stupidity and they just ban you instead of getting into a discussion.

If I get banned again I won't be able to go over and laugh at all the stupidity!

:fish:

Mud
12-29-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Mud

POT

KETTLE

BLACK

Novacane
12-29-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Mud

POT

KETTLE

BLACK

Were you dropped on your head as a baby? Or are you just ******ed?

Novacane
12-29-2003, 09:31 PM
BTW.............................why are you getting so defensive about it if you say you know it's not gonna happen?

BADTHINGSMAN
12-29-2003, 11:10 PM
The Bears gave a huge contract to Urlacher I think it was last year..I forget the numbers but I think its 8-10yrs about 115Mill.. Peyton Manning will get a bunch more then that.. Peyton may make what AROD is making or pretty close to it.. Then of course there is the fact where Peyton wants to play.. If the Colts do not TAG Manning and he see's what FA has to offer there will be alot more teams than the Dolphins bidding for him.. The Colts are still playing strong and could even win a playoff game this year.. The Colts will do everything possible to keep Peyton in a Colts Uni..

Does the Hank Goldberg guy remind you of another person that is making a huge guess at something?? Ill give the Zoners a clue, I use to work for him..

Ebenezer
12-29-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Mud

I posted over there...asked some of the cap "experts" to come up with a scenario under which they could sign Manning and not gut their team...guess what I got...

...SILENCE...slap backs and put downs but not one attempt at an answer. keep dreaming guys.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-29-2003, 11:24 PM
EB maybe they thought you ment CRAP experts... God knows there full of that..

WCoastFin
12-29-2003, 11:49 PM
I seriously doubt we will get Manning, however I dont think Its impossible either....Im no cap expert but from what I hear the Colts are in serious cap trouble next year.....they can opt to Re-sign manning , but theyd have to let lots of people go.....and if they franchise him, they will only be making it more impossible to re-sign him....I Believe Manning may be playing elsewhere than Indy, but like I said, I doubt itll be Miami.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-29-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
I seriously doubt we will get Manning, however I dont think Its impossible either....Im no cap expert but from what I hear the Colts are in serious cap trouble next year.....they can opt to Re-sign manning , but theyd have to let lots of people go.....and if they franchise him, they will only be making it more impossible to re-sign him....I Believe Manning may be playing elsewhere than Indy, but like I said, I doubt itll be Miami.

Anything is possible, but Miami getting Manning is very unlikely..Miami will have to restructure alot of contracts and most players wont.. Indy IMO will keep Manning,, Peyton is the heart of the Colts as long as #18 is behind center the Colts have a great shot at winning.. The Colts will do everything possible to keep Manning..

SABURZFAN
12-30-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Mud

:lolcry:

scared of Finheaven?????what a joke.they're scared of us.that's why they banned half of the posters here.

The Natrix
12-30-2003, 12:59 AM
Manning has to much class to go to the scumbag dolphin franchise

Historian
12-30-2003, 02:28 AM
I Believe Manning may be playing elsewhere than Indy, but like I said, I doubt itll be Miami.

True, they are the team that cut Marshall Faulk loose, just as he hit his prime.

It would be a classic Irsay move.:coocoo:

justasportsfan
12-30-2003, 07:37 AM
I think I should tell them that Hank said they are getting Manning and Vick to back him up. Since Zach is getting old, I think Hank will tell them they are also getting Urlacher , Sapp and Terrell Owens. They have the cap to sign all of them.

Like I siad, finfans are in lala land and will believe anything they are told.

don137
12-30-2003, 07:54 AM
Maybe they should rename Finheaven.com to Fantasyland.com

SABURZFAN
12-30-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by don137
Maybe they should rename Finheaven.com to Fantasyland.com

i was thinking NeverlandRanch.com:snicker:

Novacane
12-30-2003, 09:09 AM
I Believe Manning may be playing elsewhere than Indy, but like I said, I doubt itll be Miami.

I just can't see Indy letting him get away!

Ebenezer
12-30-2003, 09:10 AM

wow...Toast?? You feeling ok?? I actually agree with you...;)...ANYTHING is possible...but you are right. The chances of Miami getting Manning are extemely remote.

dolfan25
12-30-2003, 06:12 PM
God guys get over yourselves. Manning is not coming to Miami. It'll be Brunell or someone else. Fin fans are reacting to speculation made by Goldberg that is all. You act as if they say he's coming to Miami for sure.

I've seen just as much unfounded speculation on this board about getting Ogunleye to come to Buffalo and being told that's more likely than Manning to Miami. Is it really? Ogunleye is a restricted free agent do you think the Bills want to give the Fins a 1st and 3rd round pick or do the Phins want Ogunleye on a division rival. Hell no.

I've also seen a post about the Bills chances at Nick Saban. Well here's the chances of Saban going to Buffalo. None. Dolphin fans speculate and so do Bill fans but you seem to put yourselves on a pedestal over here when you act the exact same way.

Basically I'm a Fins fan who lives in the Buffalo radio listening area so I know when you guys are full of ****. In fact I would say that the personalities that are on local Buffalo radio stations are a lot more realistic and based in reality than most of the posters here who are most certainly based in lala land.

dolfan25
12-30-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN

:lolcry:

scared of Finheaven?????what a joke.they're scared of us.that's why they banned half of the posters here.

Funny how this site is run the same way as Finheaven now. When someone posts smack in the main forum it is moved almost immediately now. I wonder if they got this idea from AJ at Finheaven. For a 19 or 20 year old kid he's doing a pretty good job.

Oh yeah they're really scared of you at Finheaven. Talk about being a legend in your own mind.

dolfan25
12-30-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
Manning has to much class to go to the scumbag dolphin franchise

Um yeah

Here you go

The Miami Dolphins have been an important part of the South Florida community for many years and have always had a strong commitment to the surrounding community. The players and the organization feel fortunate to be able to give back to the same community that has supported our efforts for so long.

The Miami Dolphins Foundation: The Miami Dolphins Foundation was established in 1995 as the fundraising arm of the Miami Dolphins football team. The Dolphins, through the foundation, have made a commitment to the betterment of South Florida youth through a direct focus on, but not limited to, educational, health, social and community service issues. The Miami Dolphins Foundation will contribute, whenever possible, to charitable groups that are compatible with the philosophy of the Miami Dolphins Foundation. Resources for contributions will be procured through various fundraising events throughout the year. Further information on the Miami Dolphins Foundation is available through the Miami Dolphins Community Relations Department or by calling (954) 452-7121.

School Programs: The Miami Dolphins work with Broward and Miami-Dade County schools on various projects to help enhance the education of the youth of South Florida. The programs have many facets, including the Student of the Week program, in which the Dolphins honor students from various schools in Broward and Miami-Dade Counties during the first quarter break at all Dolphins regular season home games. In addition, the Dolphins are very involved with high school football in Broward and Miami-Dade County. Each year, the Dolphins hold two scrimmages (one in Broward and one in Miami-Dade) that are fund-raisers for the counties football programs. In addition, high school football all-stars from both counties are honored annually at a game in December.

Dan Marino Foundation: The Dan Marino Foundation was established to assist the South Florida community in meeting the educational, physical and emotional needs of area youth. The Dan Marino Foundations major project is called Touchdown for Tots. For each touchdown pass Dan throws during the regular season, various corporations join Dan in pledging contributions to the Foundation. Additional fundraisers include the Dan Marino Charity Golf Classic held in February. For more information on the Dan Marino Foundation, please call (954) 349-1301.

Make-A-Wish Foundation: The Make-A-Wish Foundation and the Miami Dolphins have developed a strong relationship over the years as many of the players are actively involved with the organization. Make-A-Wish is an organization whose sole function is to grant wishes of children with terminal or life-threatening illnesses. Each year the Miami Dolphins grant several wishes, as many Make-A-Wish children visit training camp to meet with Dan Marino and several of the Dolphins players and coaches. They also attend that weekends home game. On the fundraising end, Marti Huizenga is co-chairpersons for the Make-A-Wish Foundation Sports Banquet and Auction held in March. If you would like further information on the Make-A-Wish Foundation, please call (954) 967-9474.

Miami Dolphins/OMNIPOINT Superbowl of Fashion: The Miami Dolphins Superbowl of Fashion is a festive black tie affair with over 20 Dolphins players and their wives modeling the latest fashions to raise much needed funds to find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis, the #1 genetic killer of children and young adults in this country. The gala includes a silent auction and dinner, followed by the fashion show and a live auction. For more information, contact the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation at (305) 947-4243 in Dade and (954) 739-5006 in Broward.

D.A.R.E. Program: Each year during the off-season, Miami Dolphins players and coaches speak at schools in the South Florida community as part of the D.A.R.E. program. D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) programs are run in conjunction with local police departments nationwide. The police officers work with fifth and sixth graders, teaching them alternatives to drugs and ways to say no to drugs. The Dolphins are strong supporters of the D.A.R.E. program and work closely with the local police departments to provide players and coaches to speak with the children in these programs.

United Way: As a member of the National Football League, the Dolphins actively support the United Way through monetary donations on behalf of the players, coaches and front office staff. Additionally, the Dolphins have a strong working relationship locally with the United Way and work with them on several projects throughout the year.

Habitat for Humanity: This off-season, the Miami Dolphins players, wives and front office staff helped to build a new home for a needy family in the Miami area. Dolphins defensive back Shawn Wooden personally helped to partially finance the home. This season, Shawn will be joined by fellow defensive back Sam Madison by helping to partially finance a home. If you would like more information or would like to volunteer at Habitat for Humanity, please call (305) 670-2224.

Toys for Tots Annual Drive: Each year at a Dolphins home game in December the team hosts an annual toy drive in conjunction with the U.S. Marine Corps Toys for Tots program for underprivileged children in the local area. The holiday toy drive gives to Dolphins fans to contribute toys to the drive. This years Toys for Tots game is Sunday, December 19, when the Dolphins host the San Diego Chargers.

Preseason Ticket Give-Away to Underprivileged Children: The Dolphins donate 2,300 tickets to underprivileged children in the South Florida area each preseason. The tickets are distributed through the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce Sports Council to legitimate organizations working with underprivileged youths.

Thanksgiving Turkey Give-away/Canned Food Drive: During the Thanksgiving holiday, Dolphins players offer assistance to families that are less fortunate by delivering turkeys in the South Florida area in conjunction with the Daily Bread Food Bank. In 1998, over 2,000 turkeys were donated to needy families throughout South Florida personally by the players and staff. The canned food drive collected over 10,000 pounds of food. This years canned food drive is scheduled for Sunday, November 21, when the Dolphins host the New England Patriots.

Holiday Hospital Visits: Every year during the December holiday season, members of the Miami Dolphins and the cheerleading squad go to area hospitals to visit children that will not be going home for the holidays. In addition to the visits, the players and cheerleaders also deliver Dolphins souvenirs to the children.

No Pass Zone: The Miami Dolphins defensive backs decided to make a difference off the field in 1997 and 98 by establishing the No Pass Zone. The defensive backs collectively purchased tickets for all home games and distributed the tickets to the Boys and Girls Club of Broward County. In addition, the players gave the children No Pass Zone t-shirts for them to wear at the game.

Miami Project to Cure Paralysis: The Miami Dolphins and the Miami Project to Cure Paralysis team up each year to bolster hometown support to defeat paralysis caused by spinal cord injury. Ad flyers are posted on vehicles by Miami Project volunteers and a 30-second public service announcement is shown on the JumboTron during a Dolphins home game as part of a pregame presentation with co-founders Nick Buoniconti and Dr. Barth Green.

In Addition: Some of the other South Florida organizations the Dolphins have assisted include: American Cancer Society, American Diabetes Foundation, American Red Cross, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Boys and Girls Clubs of South Florida, Boy and Girl Scouts of America, Childrens Cancer Caring Center, Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, Heres Help, Kids in Distress, Leukemia Society, Muscular Dystrophy Association, Police Officers Assistance Trust, Special Olympics and The Starting Place.

The Miami Dolphins would like to thank our sponsors for their generous support and teamwork. With their help, we are able to make a difference. If you have questions or would like further information about how the Dolphins can assist your charitable or community organization, please direct your correspondance to:

MIAMI DOLPHINS
Attn: Community Relations
7500 S.W. 30th Street
Davie, Florida 33314

SabreEleven
12-30-2003, 06:42 PM
Um yeah

Here you go

The Miami Dolphins have been an important part of the South Florida community for many years and have always had a strong commitment to the surrounding community. The players and the organization feel fortunate to be able to give back to the same community that has supported our efforts for so long.

The Miami Dolphins Foundation: The Miami Dolphins Foundation was established in 1995 as the fundraising arm of the Miami Dolphins football team. The Dolphins, through the foundation, have made a commitment to the betterment of South Florida youth through a direct focus on, but not limited to, educational, health, social and community service issues. The Miami Dolphins Foundation will contribute, whenever possible, to charitable groups that are compatible with the philosophy of the Miami Dolphins Foundation. Resources for contributions will be procured through various fundraising events throughout the year. Further information on the Miami Dolphins Foundation is available through the Miami Dolphins Community Relations Department or by calling (954) 452-7121.

School Programs: The Miami Dolphins work with Broward and Miami-Dade County schools on various projects to help enhance the education of the youth of South Florida. The programs have many facets, including the Student of the Week program, in which the Dolphins honor students from various schools in Broward and Miami-Dade Counties during the first quarter break at all Dolphins regular season home games. In addition, the Dolphins are very involved with high school football in Broward and Miami-Dade County. Each year, the Dolphins hold two scrimmages (one in Broward and one in Miami-Dade) that are fund-raisers for the counties football programs. In addition, high school football all-stars from both counties are honored annually at a game in December.

Dan Marino Foundation: The Dan Marino Foundation was established to assist the South Florida community in meeting the educational, physical and emotional needs of area youth. The Dan Marino Foundations major project is called Touchdown for Tots. For each touchdown pass Dan throws during the regular season, various corporations join Dan in pledging contributions to the Foundation. Additional fundraisers include the Dan Marino Charity Golf Classic held in February. For more information on the Dan Marino Foundation, please call (954) 349-1301.

Make-A-Wish Foundation: The Make-A-Wish Foundation and the Miami Dolphins have developed a strong relationship over the years as many of the players are actively involved with the organization. Make-A-Wish is an organization whose sole function is to grant wishes of children with terminal or life-threatening illnesses. Each year the Miami Dolphins grant several wishes, as many Make-A-Wish children visit training camp to meet with Dan Marino and several of the Dolphins players and coaches. They also attend that weekends home game. On the fundraising end, Marti Huizenga is co-chairpersons for the Make-A-Wish Foundation Sports Banquet and Auction held in March. If you would like further information on the Make-A-Wish Foundation, please call (954) 967-9474.

Miami Dolphins/OMNIPOINT Superbowl of Fashion: The Miami Dolphins Superbowl of Fashion is a festive black tie affair with over 20 Dolphins players and their wives modeling the latest fashions to raise much needed funds to find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis, the #1 genetic killer of children and young adults in this country. The gala includes a silent auction and dinner, followed by the fashion show and a live auction. For more information, contact the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation at (305) 947-4243 in Dade and (954) 739-5006 in Broward.

D.A.R.E. Program: Each year during the off-season, Miami Dolphins players and coaches speak at schools in the South Florida community as part of the D.A.R.E. program. D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) programs are run in conjunction with local police departments nationwide. The police officers work with fifth and sixth graders, teaching them alternatives to drugs and ways to say no to drugs. The Dolphins are strong supporters of the D.A.R.E. program and work closely with the local police departments to provide players and coaches to speak with the children in these programs.

United Way: As a member of the National Football League, the Dolphins actively support the United Way through monetary donations on behalf of the players, coaches and front office staff. Additionally, the Dolphins have a strong working relationship locally with the United Way and work with them on several projects throughout the year.

Habitat for Humanity: This off-season, the Miami Dolphins players, wives and front office staff helped to build a new home for a needy family in the Miami area. Dolphins defensive back Shawn Wooden personally helped to partially finance the home. This season, Shawn will be joined by fellow defensive back Sam Madison by helping to partially finance a home. If you would like more information or would like to volunteer at Habitat for Humanity, please call (305) 670-2224.

Toys for Tots Annual Drive: Each year at a Dolphins home game in December the team hosts an annual toy drive in conjunction with the U.S. Marine Corps Toys for Tots program for underprivileged children in the local area. The holiday toy drive gives to Dolphins fans to contribute toys to the drive. This years Toys for Tots game is Sunday, December 19, when the Dolphins host the San Diego Chargers.

Preseason Ticket Give-Away to Underprivileged Children: The Dolphins donate 2,300 tickets to underprivileged children in the South Florida area each preseason. The tickets are distributed through the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce Sports Council to legitimate organizations working with underprivileged youths.

Thanksgiving Turkey Give-away/Canned Food Drive: During the Thanksgiving holiday, Dolphins players offer assistance to families that are less fortunate by delivering turkeys in the South Florida area in conjunction with the Daily Bread Food Bank. In 1998, over 2,000 turkeys were donated to needy families throughout South Florida personally by the players and staff. The canned food drive collected over 10,000 pounds of food. This years canned food drive is scheduled for Sunday, November 21, when the Dolphins host the New England Patriots.

Holiday Hospital Visits: Every year during the December holiday season, members of the Miami Dolphins and the cheerleading squad go to area hospitals to visit children that will not be going home for the holidays. In addition to the visits, the players and cheerleaders also deliver Dolphins souvenirs to the children.

No Pass Zone: The Miami Dolphins defensive backs decided to make a difference off the field in 1997 and 98 by establishing the No Pass Zone. The defensive backs collectively purchased tickets for all home games and distributed the tickets to the Boys and Girls Club of Broward County. In addition, the players gave the children No Pass Zone t-shirts for them to wear at the game.

Miami Project to Cure Paralysis: The Miami Dolphins and the Miami Project to Cure Paralysis team up each year to bolster hometown support to defeat paralysis caused by spinal cord injury. Ad flyers are posted on vehicles by Miami Project volunteers and a 30-second public service announcement is shown on the JumboTron during a Dolphins home game as part of a pregame presentation with co-founders Nick Buoniconti and Dr. Barth Green.

In Addition: Some of the other South Florida organizations the Dolphins have assisted include: American Cancer Society, American Diabetes Foundation, American Red Cross, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Boys and Girls Clubs of South Florida, Boy and Girl Scouts of America, Childrens Cancer Caring Center, Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, Heres Help, Kids in Distress, Leukemia Society, Muscular Dystrophy Association, Police Officers Assistance Trust, Special Olympics and The Starting Place.

The Miami Dolphins would like to thank our sponsors for their generous support and teamwork. With their help, we are able to make a difference. If you have questions or would like further information about how the Dolphins can assist your charitable or community organization, please direct your correspondance to:

MIAMI DOLPHINS
Attn: Community Relations
7500 S.W. 30th Street
Davie, Florida 33314

Was this crap really necessary? Ummmm. I'm going with NO

dolfan25
12-30-2003, 06:47 PM
I'm going with YES

The_Philster
12-30-2003, 06:51 PM
Funny how this site is run the same way as Finheaven now. When someone posts smack in the main forum it is moved almost immediately now. I wonder if they got this idea from AJ at Finheaven. For a 19 or 20 year old kid he's doing a pretty good job.

Oh yeah they're really scared of you at Finheaven. Talk about being a legend in your own mind.

moving a thread to the smack forum does not mean nearly the same thing as banning someone..try again.

dolfan25
12-30-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

moving a thread to the smack forum does not mean nearly the same thing as banning someone..try again.

It's called big picture Philster try to get a grasp on it. Both boards are run in much the same fashion now.

The_Philster
12-30-2003, 07:01 PM
It's called big picture Philster try to get a grasp on it. Both boards are run in much the same fashion now.

hmmm
The Zone moves appropriate threads to the smack forum
Finheaven bans people

Yeah...ok....same fashion. :rofl:

The_Philster
12-30-2003, 07:04 PM
And keep in mind this is someone who's never been banned from there talking and even gets along pretty well with Wharfie ;)

dolfan25
12-30-2003, 07:07 PM
So I guess Finheaven doesn't move posts from main to smack. Yeah right.

You just don't get it

The_Philster
12-30-2003, 07:12 PM
So I guess Finheaven doesn't move posts from main to smack. Yeah right.

You just don't get it Yes...I know they do...but how many Fin fans have been banned from here? ou're avoiding the topic at hand. I know the reason that one poster was banned from there....I think it was kinda thin-skinned to do it but to each his own. Other posters banned from there claim they did nothing wrong. :idunno:
I personally have nothing against Finheaven except those awful colors :puke: but let's be honest.

The Spaz
12-30-2003, 07:24 PM

That's your opinion. Finheaven blows compared to the zone.

TheWingHead
12-30-2003, 07:42 PM
This has nothing to do with anything.. but what are we looking at for cap next year.. would we have enough to pick up Peyton?

helmetguy
12-30-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
I know the reason that one poster was banned from there....I think it was kinda thin-skinned to do it but to each his own.

It DID take 'em a day and a half to ban me though.

You WERE referring to me, right, Phil?

The_Philster
12-30-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
It DID take 'em a day and a half to ban me though.

You WERE referring to me, right, Phil?

Who else? ;)

iceblizzard69
12-30-2003, 09:28 PM
People like to dream about things like getting Peyton Manning. I know the Dolphins won't sign Peyton Manning, but it is fun to dream about it.

justasportsfan
12-31-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
People like to dream about things like getting Peyton Manning. I know the Dolphins won't sign Peyton Manning, but it is fun to dream about it. We dreamt of getting Spikes and we did ;)

Ebenezer
12-31-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
People like to dream about things like getting Peyton Manning. I know the Dolphins won't sign Peyton Manning, but it is fun to dream about it.

that's not dreaming...that's fantasizing...and you know what you do when you fantasize...:snicker:

SABURZFAN
12-31-2003, 08:05 AM
Funny how this site is run the same way as Finheaven now.

hardly.they don't ban people here like they do over there.

When someone posts smack in the main forum it is moved almost immediately now.

when a Bills fan posts smack in the Smack Zone,he gets banned too.

Oh yeah they're really scared of you at Finheaven.

i know.they're scared of helmetguy and BF1 too.that's ok though.you can ban us but you can't ban the truth.

R. Rich
12-31-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Hank is hinting at the Dolphins having "lofty QB ambitions."

These guys are smoking crack!

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29584&perpage=15&display=&pagenumber=2

It's not 100% impossible, but I'd put it in the high 80s or 90s. The Colts do have a ton of $ (nearly 40% of their payroll) in their big 3, and Polian may not want to commit more, but I really don't believe that they will let a potential MVP walk.