PDA

View Full Version : See ya next year

PhinPhreak
12-29-2003, 08:45 PM
Well Bills fans for alll the hype and Smack talk in the offseason it turned out to be inconsequential. Yes the Fins swept the series so for some fans that is enough. I said it before the season and will say it now I would give up both wins for a playoff spot.

That being said here's to a good offseason for both our teams and for some new smack talk next year. It should be an interesting offseason for both our teams.

Just to add I am not saying I don't mind the wins as a consolation prize but not for the bragging rights but just so I don't have to hear the word Sweep from my buds Justa, Tatonka and a few others. :jk: :laughter:

baalworship
12-29-2003, 09:22 PM
Sometimes you have to take a step back in order to move forward. If the Bills had gone 11-5 and made the playoffs with GW we might be looking at several more years of chaos and disorder. But now weve got a shot at getting a coach that can win the SB AND a nice draft pick. That's why we're already basking in NEXT YEAR!

Phinphreak: I don't know if you guys winning 10 games was good or bad, but if keeping Wanny seems a terrible prize. Oh well, maybe you'll get lucky and land Tom Modrak as your GM. Good luck and don't worry, a new season of smack is about to begin as soon as we land Ferentz! Hopefully he will be talking about Reggie Williams or Kellen Winslow along with our FA interior line reinforcements at a One Bills Drive Press Conference soon.

Tatonka
12-29-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhreak
Well Bills fans for alll the hype and Smack talk in the offseason it turned out to be inconsequential. Yes the Fins swept the series so for some fans that is enough. I said it before the season and will say it now I would give up both wins for a playoff spot.

That being said here's to a good offseason for both our teams and for some new smack talk next year. It should be an interesting offseason for both our teams.

Just to add I am not saying I don't mind the wins as a consolation prize but not for the bragging rights but just so I don't have to hear the word Sweep from my buds Justa, Tatonka and a few others. :jk: :laughter:

thanks man..

but i am sure we will see plenty of each other this offseason

:snicker:

PhinPhreak
12-29-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by baalworship
Sometimes you have to take a step back in order to move forward. If the Bills had gone 11-5 and made the playoffs with GW we might be looking at several more years of chaos and disorder. But now weve got a shot at getting a coach that can win the SB AND a nice draft pick. That's why we're already basking in NEXT YEAR!

Phinphreak: I don't know if you guys winning 10 games was good or bad, but if keeping Wanny seems a terrible prize. Oh well, maybe you'll get lucky and land Tom Modrak as your GM. Good luck and don't worry, a new season of smack is about to begin as soon as we land Ferentz! Hopefully he will be talking about Reggie Williams or Kellen Winslow along with our FA interior line reinforcements at a One Bills Drive Press Conference soon.

I don't really have a true opinon either way until I see what the team does in the offseason, I am hoping a GM will light a fire under Wannys ass and make him grow some balls, but who knows. I don't know who they would of brought in to replace him, if it was Coughlin I would rather have Wanny. I was interested in seeing what a new coach would bring to the team but again he could of been worse, what if they brought in a Switzer, Caroll or Kotite.

Man I hope you guys don't get Winslow that guy is an animal. He would help Drew alot, Drew always loved Coates when he had him.

The seasn started out with such promise for both teams, but I have learned that it doesn't matter who is playing good in the start of the year it's who's playing best at the end. Look at the Vikings, Start 6-0 slumpa little but still have a shot then blow it in the final seconds against the Cards.

This has taken away some of the excitement for me as I(as a fin Fan especially) can't get to excited until the playoffs actually start because nothing is for certain.

baalworship
12-29-2003, 10:12 PM
The effects of a good GM will be subtle. Slightly better draft picks, better scouting, an occasional benefit in salary cap management. I say subtle because rarely do players develop overnight. That's why I think it's funny that people think Tom D is terrible when the only draft of his that is almost 3 years old (2001) looks like one of the best Bills drafts ever. I doubt that this new GM will personally motivate Wanny and I think its safe to say that Wanny has been on the hot seat for a while now. The fire can't get any hotter, can it?!

PhinPhreak
12-29-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by baalworship
The effects of a good GM will be subtle. Slightly better draft picks, better scouting, an occasional benefit in salary cap management. I say subtle because rarely do players develop overnight. That's why I think it's funny that people think Tom D is terrible when the only draft of his that is almost 3 years old (2001) looks like one of the best Bills drafts ever. I doubt that this new GM will personally motivate Wanny and I think its safe to say that Wanny has been on the hot seat for a while now. The fire can't get any hotter, can it?!

Probably not, I am just trying to put a positive spin on this seeing he's staying at least another year. Wannys huge problem is making players accountable for their performance, Royals sucked and he didn't get rid of him after the Patriots meltdown. He can't be Mr nice guy but I don't think that is something that he can change.

So at least they did the next best thing and stripped him of personel decisions, I think they made some bad moves the last few years.