PDA

View Full Version : Here is your complete list of MOCK DRAFTS!

Tatonka
12-29-2003, 10:15 PM
some of the mocks are new.. and bookmark it.. because they update this site as the new mocks are released.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2004/mock.html for the mocks

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/2004_free_agents.htm for the FA's

lunatic_bills_fan
12-30-2003, 05:08 AM
mmm, they have us drafting at 15. Is that right?

Devin
12-30-2003, 08:35 AM
5 of the 7 i have looked at have us taking Winslow at TE, with a few random others have us taking a DE. While id rather trade up for a QB Winslow might not be a bad pick.

Tatonka
12-30-2003, 08:36 AM
most of the recent ones have sean taylor going just above us at around 8-11.. god.. if he gets that close and someone liek the jets get him.. omg.. i will lose it.

TedMock
12-30-2003, 08:39 AM
We officially pick 13th. I heard it on ESPN radio this morning.

don137
12-30-2003, 08:40 AM
My guess is the Jets will go with a RB in the first round...The Steelers is the team that scares me since they pick two ahead of us and other than WR needs the same things as us....

Tatonka
12-30-2003, 08:40 AM
yeah.. several of the mocks were done before the season ended so the picks are off.. but like i said.. that link updates the mocks as the new ones come out for each site.

lordofgun
12-30-2003, 08:41 AM
I already knew about that site. :tongue:

TedMock
12-30-2003, 08:42 AM
The Jets still have Lamont Jordan as a backup. He doesn't get a ton of time because of Martin but he's pretty good when he's in there. I don't think he has a ton of speed though so they may be looking for some wheels.

Jan Reimers
12-30-2003, 09:04 AM
Thanks, T, for the info. It's depressing, though, to see how many mocks have us taking Winslow. I still don't see TE as anywhere near our most critical area of need.

Mr. Miyagi
12-30-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Thanks, T, for the info. It's depressing, though, to see how many mocks have us taking Winslow. I still don't see TE as anywhere near our most critical area of need.
Yeah but he's a "***king soldier". :rolleyes:

Devin
12-30-2003, 09:25 AM
I felt the same way id much rather a QB, but we do need more offensive weapons so it might be ok.

Tatonka
12-30-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I already knew about that site. :tongue:

eat my shorts...

Originally posted by TedMock
The Jets still have Lamont Jordan as a backup. He doesn't get a ton of time because of Martin but he's pretty good when he's in there. I don't think he has a ton of speed though so they may be looking for some wheels.

i think they are pretty sold on lamont.. and curtis martin had 1300 yards this year.. i dont think there is a chance they go rb first round.

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

i dont either jan.. but if you are going to go TE, i guess he is about as good as any that have come out in years.

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

rofl.. yeah.. he sure is. :pow: :2guns:

Tatonka
12-30-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Devin
I felt the same way id much rather a QB, but we do need more offensive weapons so it might be ok.

i would love a qb too.. but no way do i want one in the first round..

you know.. while that statement was assinine and he apologized, i think his statements just showed his desire to want to win and help his team.. they werent using him, because his qb sucked and he couldnt get him the ball... i would take him.. but he wouldnt be my first choice.

Tatonka
12-30-2003, 09:33 AM
my top 5 first round picks -

1. sean taylor - best player in the draft other than fitzgerald. better prospect at this point than ed reed was considered. i actually think he is a better prospect than roy williams when he came out a couple years ago. it is tough to find a playmaking FS, but taylor is all that and a big of chips.. the guy is sick.. and i hate the canes, btw.. i graduated from virginia tech.. but i saw plenty of him.

2. larry fitzgerald - you all know about him.. simply the best wr to come out in i dont know how long.. man, he is good, and on top of that.. if you ever hear an interview with the kid, you will fall over.. because what you hear is so rare.. he is humble, well mannered, polite, and focused. i heard an interviewer (jim rome) ask him why he didnt celebrate his tds.. his answer.. "i am a receiver, why should i celebrate for doing my job." he went on to say that he felt it was disrespectful to his teammate, opponents, and fans, as well as the history of the game, to act like an *** on the field just because you want to draw attention to yourself. the guy reminds me of randy moss talent, and marvin harrisons attitude. would love to have him.

3. kellen winslow jr. - as close to gonzo as there is. attitude has been questioned, and he lets his emotions get the best of him, because he is a very big competitor... i think he is the real deal. a great great receiver, and has put on considerable mass to improve his blocking. i would take him on my team.

4. chris gamble - very good cb.. shut down cover skills. also a playmaker that can return punts and play WR if needed. he was a do it all guy and is really and incredible athlete. option if winfield goes somewhere.

5. kevin jones - best rb in the draft (steven jackson is a very close second), i wouldnt like this pick for the bills really, unless henry was traded, but the guy is the real deal, and whoever gets him is getting an edge type back that can do it all and is dedicated to being great. if anything, please just dont let this guy go to the patriots.

Mr. Miyagi
12-30-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
5. kevin jones - best rb in the draft (steven jackson is a very close second), i wouldnt like this pick for the bills really, unless henry was traded, but the guy is the real deal, and whoever gets him is getting an edge type back that can do it all and is dedicated to being great. if anything, please just dont let this guy go to the patriots.
God I hope not. We REALLY don't need another RB, even if Henry was traded. What, sit this guy out a year behind McGahee, and trade McGahee after the season?

Tatonka
12-30-2003, 09:46 AM
God I hope not. We REALLY don't need another RB, even if Henry was traded. What, sit this guy out a year behind McGahee, and trade McGahee after the season?

look at kevin barlow.. it never hurts to have too many good players.. are you happy with henry and willis backing him? i am.. but i am saying.. if we trade henry.. then grab a guy like this.. i think he will/could be much better than henry...

look.. i was just ranking my personal top 5 in the first.. i dont actually think td has the balls to actually draft another rb in the first.. but i am just saying.. jones is money.

EDS
12-30-2003, 12:47 PM
The Huddle Report 7 round mock draft has the bills taking David Pollack, Michael Jenkins and Philip Rivers 1, 2, 3. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

TigerJ
12-30-2003, 10:21 PM
Here's another site with links for mocks. They claim to be the most thorough on the web. They do have a few I noticed that are lacking at footballsfuture.com. Some of their links are old and don't work though. The number of mocks available should go up dramatically in the next two or three weeks.

http://www.hailredskins.com/MockDraft.htm

LtBillsFan66
12-30-2003, 10:26 PM
The mocks are always so off it's funny. It just takes one surprise to throw the whole thing out of whack.

mypoorfriendme
12-30-2003, 11:02 PM
not even greg williams could ruin this team if we fixed the o-line, d-end, and corner sitation via free agency, and then managed taylor in the first, jenkings in the second, and rivers in the third.....i LOVE philip rivers anywhere after the first round

mypoorfriendme
12-30-2003, 11:15 PM
the only thing that sucks is the idea of fitzgerald going to the raiders but theres two things 1.) he hasnt even declared himself eligable for the draft yet and nothing says he will or even if he can (hes only a true sophomore at pitt) and 2.) raiders dont allow quality people into their organization (romo, their center robbins, al davis, etc)

mypoorfriendme
12-30-2003, 11:16 PM
and one more thing about larry fitzgerald, when asked abuot the draft his dad didnt say a single thing one way or the other and just said "were going to need to talk about it and were not sure if theyre goign to let us" i feel really cool because my good friends uncle is the OC at pitt so we get the low-down

mypoorfriendme
12-30-2003, 11:16 PM
i dont know why i just feel like posting tonight!!!!

The_Philster
12-31-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
not even greg williams could ruin this team if we fixed the o-line, d-end, and corner sitation via free agency, and then managed taylor in the first, jenkings in the second, and rivers in the third.....i LOVE philip rivers anywhere after the first round

You underestimate GW by far...he could screw up a wet dream.

Ron C.
12-31-2003, 07:56 AM
For those bookmarking draft sites, here's another one:

Fast-Cities Sports NFL Draft (http://www.fast-cities.com/sports/2004draft.html)

R. Rich
12-31-2003, 08:20 AM
some of the mocks are new.. and bookmark it.. because they update this site as the new mocks are released.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2004/mock.html for the mocks

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/2004_free_agents.htm for the FA's

Draft Blitz needs to update their FA listings. Meester was re-upped to a 5 year deal with the Jags well over a month ago. They should also look for guys who are quality backups just dying to get a break, like centers Cory Withrow, Gennaro DiNapoli, Brock Guiterrez, or Jason Starkey.

Tatonka
12-31-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
The mocks are always so off it's funny. It just takes one surprise to throw the whole thing out of whack.

so true... there is always some team like arizona that will take someone like josh harris with the number 5 pick or something.. and then all hell breaks loose.

Voltron
12-31-2003, 08:43 AM
What has anyone seen of CODY PICKETT?

One place has us taking him in the 2nd round. Could he be a good NFL QB?

Tatonka
12-31-2003, 09:27 AM
i have seen his name thrown around.. i dont know anything about him, and have never seen him play.

Novacane
12-31-2003, 10:14 AM
I still say if Will Smith is there at 13 we should take him. Unless we sign a DE in FA.

Tatonka
12-31-2003, 10:19 AM
i dont have any faith that will smith will be that good first off.. he is undersized imho, and not amazingly fast.. he didnt put up the type of numbers that suggs had last year.. i dont know..i am just not sold on ANY of the DEs in this draft.. but i am sure a few of them will turn out to be solid. i would much rather see a FA de if we get one.

Novacane
12-31-2003, 10:20 AM
They all have the Chargers taking Manning. I don't think they'll do it.

TigerJ
12-31-2003, 12:14 PM
Cody Pickett has good size, a little better han average arm, good athleticism and good mechanics. He was expected to have a gangbusters senior season and didn't. For that reason his draft ratings have dropped a bit. I don't see him going in the second round. I expect he'll be a third or fourth round selection. He could turn ouot to be an NFL QB.

Tatonka is right, there is no Julius Peppers or Terrell Suggs in this draft. I wouldn't mind Will Smith though. He's not THAT undersized. The draft sites that list him at 250 or less are outdated. He played this past season at around 265. He's also considered very strong for his size. He's variously listed from 6'3" to 6'4" so I think he could carry another 10 lbs and play in the NFL at 275. Some of a defensive end's sack production is due to the defensive scheme. I don't know anything about what Ohio State runs on its defence, so I think its possible Smith could have been more productive on another team. I do know there are a couple other senior defensive linemen from Ohio State who will be drafted, so perhaps he had to "share the wealth" a bit.

R. Rich
12-31-2003, 12:20 PM
i dont have any faith that will smith will be that good first off.. he is undersized imho, and not amazingly fast.. he didnt put up the type of numbers that suggs had last year.. i dont know..i am just not sold on ANY of the DEs in this draft.. but i am sure a few of them will turn out to be solid. i would much rather see a FA de if we get one.

Agreed. Smith looks more like an NFL LB than a down lineman. People try to make comparisons to Dwight Freeney, but Freeney always had the SIZE, it's the height that was his hang up, like Hugh Douglas when he came out.

The_Philster
12-31-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
They all have the Chargers taking Manning. I don't think they'll do it.

A first overall pick on a QB? Does anyone really think they're totally giving up on Drew Brees that quickly? I don't.

mypoorfriendme
12-31-2003, 02:50 PM
i picture the chargers trading down because of their need EVERYWHERE

TedMock
12-31-2003, 03:04 PM
that's a good reason to trade down. Maybe pick up a few picks and players out of a trade down.

don137
12-31-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

You underestimate GW by far...he could screw up my wet dream.

:eek:

Tatonka
12-31-2003, 04:54 PM
A first overall pick on a QB? Does anyone really think they're totally giving up on Drew Brees that quickly? I don't.

i think they have completely given up on him.. flutie played almost all of the second half of the season, and that was after they were out of the mix for the playoffs.. they obviously wont invest more time in him, or they would have left him in there.. he is done.

The_Philster
12-31-2003, 04:56 PM
i think they have completely given up on him.. flutie played almost all of the second half of the season,

Wasn't he hurt for the first part of that time? :scratch: I might be mistaken but for some reason I thought he was.

Tatonka
12-31-2003, 04:59 PM
Wasn't he hurt for the first part of that time? :scratch: I might be mistaken but for some reason I thought he was.

no.. he was flat out benched.. more than once this season actually.. he got his foot back in the door later in the season, and got tossed again...

Fat Tony
12-31-2003, 05:09 PM
Schotty despises turnovers. Brees was giving the ball away like haloween candy

Tatonka
12-31-2003, 05:16 PM
speaking of Shotenhiemer.. i thought he was getting fired too.

mypoorfriendme
12-31-2003, 07:27 PM
no, they decided to keep him

the dude
12-31-2003, 09:17 PM
my top 5 first round picks -

1. sean taylor - best player in the draft other than fitzgerald. better prospect at this point than ed reed was considered. i actually think he is a better prospect than roy williams when he came out a couple years ago. it is tough to find a playmaking FS, but taylor is all that and a big of chips.. the guy is sick.. and i hate the canes, btw.. i graduated from virginia tech.. but i saw plenty of him.

2. larry fitzgerald - you all know about him.. simply the best wr to come out in i dont know how long.. man, he is good, and on top of that.. if you ever hear an interview with the kid, you will fall over.. because what you hear is so rare.. he is humble, well mannered, polite, and focused. i heard an interviewer (jim rome) ask him why he didnt celebrate his tds.. his answer.. "i am a receiver, why should i celebrate for doing my job." he went on to say that he felt it was disrespectful to his teammate, opponents, and fans, as well as the history of the game, to act like an *** on the field just because you want to draw attention to yourself. the guy reminds me of randy moss talent, and marvin harrisons attitude. would love to have him.

3. kellen winslow jr. - as close to gonzo as there is. attitude has been questioned, and he lets his emotions get the best of him, because he is a very big competitor... i think he is the real deal. a great great receiver, and has put on considerable mass to improve his blocking. i would take him on my team.

4. chris gamble - very good cb.. shut down cover skills. also a playmaker that can return punts and play WR if needed. he was a do it all guy and is really and incredible athlete. option if winfield goes somewhere.

Hey T

Like your choices of Taylor and Winslow as well - I think those guys might actually be available - knock em dead safeties are not usually taken in the top 10 - before Williams 2 years back, I think you have to go back a decade or more. I'd give up our extra 4th rounder to move up a spot or 2 if we could take Taylor.

No way Fitzgerald lasts past 5 if he is allowed to enter the draft - he is a special kid.

If we trade down, I could see looking at Lee Evans,WR from Wisconsin or Ben Troupe, TE from Florida who is a more complete package than Winslow and no slouch speedwise as he runs a 4.6 at 260 pounds. In fact, the combination of Evans, Troupe, Rivers would be a nice combination of picks for this team.

I think we address our OL starter needs thru Free Agency, but we'll still need to fill in some depth with mid-round picks.

Like you, I don't see any cant-miss DE prospects, the projected first rounders are too much of a crap shoot to me. With regard to the Freeney/Smith comparison discussed earlier, Freeney flat out flies + he was as strong as most defensive tackles.

I flip RB ranks between Jackson and Jones but I don't think we draft RB even for depth this year - too many other concerns. Besides, I don't see TD trading either back next year.

It should be another interesting offseason ...

Tatonka
01-01-2004, 12:42 AM
just to clarify, i dont see our rbs being moved either.. but i am a vtech alum, so i was just pointing jones out... he is a top 5 talent in my mind... but he wont be a bill.. i just pray pray pray that he is not a fin, jet, or especially a pat.. would make me sick... i hope he goes to detriot.