PDA

View Full Version : TD takes a shot at KG...

Tatonka
12-29-2003, 11:05 PM
You were quoted as saying that you thought the coaches should have stepped up to take some of the blame Drew Bledsoe was handling. Have you talked to some of the coaches about that in the last few weeks?

"I speak to our staff about everything. I have spoken to them about that. I felt that there were times this year where we put Drew in impossible situations and I don't think everything was Drew's fault. Some people, when they had the opportunity, could have stepped up and taken more criticism than they took."

I think he is specifically talking about Kildrive.. anyone else think so?

ryguy8161
12-29-2003, 11:42 PM
Oh yeah..

And didn't he say also that, "some weren't able to adjust to change," or something to that effect?

Theres another one for the big KG

BADTHINGSMAN
12-29-2003, 11:48 PM
KG mainly, but the OL as well..

Pride
12-30-2003, 05:50 AM
TD can talk all he wants, but it all falls back on him. The fans could tell by week 5-6 that something was seriously wrong with the offensive playcalling. TD waits 11 more weeks to do anything about it. I blame TD as much as I blame GW and KG... TD didnt adjust either.

SABURZFAN
12-30-2003, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by Pride
TD can talk all he wants, but it all falls back on him. The fans could tell by week 5-6 that something was seriously wrong with the offensive playcalling. TD waits 11 more weeks to do anything about it. I blame TD as much as I blame GW and KG... TD didnt adjust either.

i agree.:up:

SABURZFAN
12-30-2003, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by silent_one
KG mainly, but the OL as well..

they are part of the blame too.

mush69
12-30-2003, 06:17 AM
What O-line? It changed from week to weak, the O-line should be starting their new conditioning and weight program after New Years! Eat up boys!

TedMock
12-30-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Pride

I hope he was saying something at this point. I don't think he wanted to fire the coaches midseason just because that's usually a disaster. We ended up 6-10 anyway because the players lost confidence in KG's playcalling but hindsight's 20/20. In most situations you don't fire a coach during the year. It causes too much distraction. I'm sure TD and Ralph were fuming but also trying to be professional and letting it ride out on talent rather than throwing in the towel. I think we all knew KG was gone at the end of the year. Man, I hate KG.

helmetguy
12-30-2003, 01:18 PM
TD ain't the HC. That was GW's job, and that's why GW ain't here any longer. It's obvious that the entire offensive philosohy was left in KG's hands, and he fumbled it miserably. Unless TD was going to pull a Jerry Jones and tell the HC what to do, you can't pin all the blame on him for KG being a stubborn, arrogant, intransigent jerk. I'd love for KG to come out of the Cone of Silence that usually protects assistant coaches and explain why HE failed so miserably. Until he does that, he's covered in the dung that was our offense during his watch.

mybills
12-30-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by TedMock

I hope he was saying something at this point. I don't think he wanted to fire the coaches midseason just because that's usually a disaster. We ended up 6-10 anyway because the players lost confidence in KG's playcalling but hindsight's 20/20. In most situations you don't fire a coach during the year. It causes too much distraction. I'm sure TD and Ralph were fuming but also trying to be professional and letting it ride out on talent rather than throwing in the towel. I think we all knew KG was gone at the end of the year. Man, I hate KG.

Yeah, but this isn't PlayMakers, this is reality. Had they done something sooner, it would have given the team some hope & ambition, instead of despair and inhabitions :cynic: