PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Gray

lunatic_bills_fan
12-30-2003, 05:05 AM
Well GW is now gone, and KG is pretty much gone as well, but nobody is mentioning much about JG . IMO JG has done a pretty good job this year, we also know that our base 46 defence was GW's doing. I guess it is really up to the new HC weather JG stays or not, should be interesting. Also wander where Dick Lebeau will end up fitting in all this.

Tatonka
12-30-2003, 08:39 AM
i was thinking that greg will most likely get a DC position somewhere.. now, i am sure that he would like to bring some of his guys with him.. but do you actually think that JG is gonna take a demotion to go work with GW somewhere else? hell no... unless gw gets another HC job.. i think JG stays with us..

lordofgun
12-30-2003, 08:42 AM
I hope not. I hate the defense they Bills play. Contain contain contain. Play 10 yards off the receivers. Take no chances. Force no turnovers.

fabolouspaul
12-30-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I hope not. I hate the defense they Bills play. Contain contain contain. Play 10 yards off the receivers. Take no chances. Force no turnovers.

I totally agree. The Bills D has the potential to play a lot better.

Voltron
12-30-2003, 09:33 AM
JG did nothing but what GW and DL told him to do. He is one of those that ride the coat tails of others. I think we should stay with a 4-3 D because we have good personnel for it but Ditch this 46 D and get a coordinator that knows the 4-3 and WAY better Nickel and Dime packages. We got beat way too often by the air in 3rd down situations with way too much talent in the secondary. Why does our secondary ALWAYS play 10 yards off when we have one of the most physical tandems of CBs in the league!? We don't have the top secondary in the league but I would say our secondary would be top 10 in the AFC for sure (not numbers and stats I am saying talent wise).

Tatonka
12-30-2003, 09:35 AM
you are all officially in the JG haters club. :lol:

Voltron
12-30-2003, 09:36 AM
I don't Hate JG! ;)

I just think he is in over his head. Why else was Dick asked here this past year?

fabolouspaul
12-30-2003, 09:44 AM
Everyone was calling for JG's head last season. Hopefully the new coach will find someone better. Brady just ate up the secondary on the 1st drive of that game. No RB in the backfield.

Jan Reimers
12-30-2003, 09:48 AM
I hope JG goes. Our D had too many meltdowns and too few turnovers, despite their rather gaudy statistics in several areas.

helmetguy
12-30-2003, 12:34 PM
If JG goes, LeBeau stays. The D did improve this year and, as the season progressed, we did tend to stray away from the textbook 46 that GW insisted we'd use. LeBeau is sharp on defensive philosophies. Whether it is 4-3, or 3-4, he's always had a knack for putting his guys in the position to make plays. One thing you could bet on-you'd see more press coverages by the corners on first AND third downs, where we had problems this year.

Novacane
12-30-2003, 12:43 PM
I don't care either way. Let the new coach decide.

Mr. Miyagi
12-30-2003, 12:45 PM
My prediction:

GW (HC)- gone already
KG (OC)- gone
Gray (DC)- gone
LeBeau (Asst. HC)- stays
Danny Smith (ST)- gone
Don Blackmon (LB)- stays
Graves (WR)- stays
Jackson (S/3rd-down) - gone
Rusty Jones (S&C) - stays (and always will)
Kaiser (O/ST Asst) - gone
Krumrie (DL) - stays
Lester (D Asst) - stays
Neal (TE) - gone
Thomas (DB/CB) - stays
Ruel (OL) - gone
Steckel (RB) - stays

The_Philster
12-30-2003, 03:21 PM
Can't find fault with any of those predictions, MM :up: