PDA

View Full Version : GW as DC for the Jets?

LABillsFan
12-30-2003, 07:53 AM
Reports are that the Jets may be interested in GW as their new DC because of the strained relationship between Herman Edwards and Ted Cotrell. While I would rather have an offensive minded HC, Ted has a very strong presence about him, he is able to adjust during the game is well respected around the league which would be an asset in getting asst. coaches unlike GW was able to do and has ties to the community as well as some players. Up until now I didn't consider him as a HC, but taking a look out there, no one stands out as a leading canidate.

Fossil and Reeves coach to a certain level and then nose dive, Haslett hasn't really done all that much in NO, Coughlin has been out a few years and would probably want the Giants job, the rest are just aweful. Into the college ranks doesn't seem to be the right choice because this team needs a pro to turn this team around.

I don't know if he would be willing to come back to Buffalo but if TD is looking for someone with experience, someone with a take charge personality who would not stand for some of the failures that were on this team, familiar with the AFCE and can lead a team, Ted is at least equal to any candidate out there.

SABURZFAN
12-30-2003, 08:09 AM
i thought that TC should have gotten the HC position instead of Gee Dubya.

justasportsfan
12-30-2003, 08:10 AM
Kearse could be a JEt?

SABURZFAN
12-30-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Kearse could be a JEt?

i think the Jets are a couple dollars under the cap for next year.i'm not saying that it wouldn't be possible though.

Historian
12-30-2003, 08:20 AM
There's two wins each year!:up:

justasportsfan
12-30-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Billsology
There's two wins each year!:up: GW as a DC is scary. Plus he learned a few things from Lebeau.

Tatonka
12-30-2003, 08:30 AM
ted cottrell has done nothing for the jets defense.. the guy cant even get their defense working as a DC.. why would we want him as a head coach? because he had a number 3 defense here one year? big deal.. i think he work here was a product of the players, not him.