PDA

View Full Version : Why the love for the remainder of this coaching staff?

Earthquake Enyart
12-30-2003, 08:43 AM
Gilbride has never won a damn thing.

Les Steckel has never won a damn thing.

Dick LeBeau has never won a damn thing.

Jerry Gray has never won a damn thing.

Danny Smith should be run over with a snow plow.

I'm disappointed that TD didn't clean house.

LtBillsFan66
12-30-2003, 08:44 AM
What love?

Throne Logic
12-30-2003, 09:09 AM
Yeah, what love? The only guys who have received any hint of support are on the Defensive side. And that was only for the in-season firing senario where most of us agreed that continuity called for an internal promotion.

Season's over - all bets are off.

mchurchfie
12-30-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Gilbride has never won a damn thing.

Les Steckel has never won a damn thing.

Dick LeBeau has never won a damn thing.

Jerry Gray has never won a damn thing.

I'm disappointed that TD didn't clean house.

:bf1::bf1:

Jan Reimers
12-30-2003, 09:44 AM
I think it's a trap. If the new coach comes in and wants to retain even one of these cretins, he will be fired immediately.

Historian
12-30-2003, 01:27 PM

Now that's funny!

Smith always reminded me of that little annoying guy on Becker...Bob.

Michael82
12-30-2003, 01:36 PM
Because you don't clean house until the new coach comes in. That's why Gilbride is still here. You leave the staff intact for now until you hire a new head coach and then you have them put together a new staff, using whatever current coaches they want. The only ones I would keep are Les Steckel, Dick LeBeau, possibly Jerry Gray, and Tim Krumrie.

Patrick76777
12-30-2003, 01:39 PM

You're insensitive! Why don't you grow up!

*Post has been edited by Mike32282. Personal attacks are NOT allowed here!

justasportsfan
12-30-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
The only ones I would keep are Les Steckel, Dick LeBeau, possibly Jerry Gray, and Tim Krumrie.

The Janitor

Earthquake Enyart
12-30-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

You've got to be kidding me.

Why don't you guys just go ahead and make Phil a mod, then I can go on my way. :puke:

Patrick76777
12-30-2003, 03:21 PM

You're insensitive! Why don't you grow up!

It was a joke Mike, EE would have understood, but I understand with the way things are going, you had to do it. No problem.

Michael82
12-30-2003, 03:21 PM
It was a joke Mike, EE would have understood, but I understand with the way things are going, you had to do it. No problem.

Thanks man! :up:

Earthquake Enyart
12-30-2003, 03:24 PM

I thought it was funny.

If the person being attacked doesn't complain, why mess around?

People wished me dead, called me a child molester, among other things, and I haven't reported anyone or complained once. I personally find my new title (GIVEN TO ME BY A MODERATOR) offensive as well.

This reminds me of BBI when all you guys left, and all those other people were the "new sherriffs in town" erasing posts and over reacting.

Better read this quick.

LtBillsFan66
12-30-2003, 03:30 PM
I'm always attacked.

lordofgun
12-30-2003, 03:32 PM
Shut up, BF1. :mad:

I'm with EE. I hate all the assistant coaches.

LtBillsFan66
12-30-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Shut up, BF1. :mad:

See?

The_Philster
12-30-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
I'm always attacked.

You deserve it, though.

saviorbledsoe
12-30-2003, 04:44 PM
whats wrong with grey and danny smith and lebeau???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? what the hell did they do wrong????

what the hell did they ever win????? you cant win much without an offense.

justasportsfan
12-30-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
whats wrong with grey and danny smith and lebeau???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? what the hell did they do wrong????

what the hell did they ever win????? you cant win much without an offense. I'm all for keeping Gray and Dl, but in three years what has Smith done? Punt coverage got better but that's it. What do you expect when you throw in people like Wire or Polk? They played on the field for quite sometime now.

Our KR or PR are worst in the league. Since we are keeping Drew, we need to shorten the field.

saviorbledsoe
12-30-2003, 08:02 PM
Danny Smith is a motivator and we need more of those.

justasportsfan
12-30-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
Danny Smith is a motivator and we need more of those. So was Jimmy Swaggart. Motivation has gotten our special teams nowhere. We need one that can make our players perform and apply.

TigerJ
12-30-2003, 08:32 PM
Smith is neither the best nor worst special teams coach in the league. If the new coach can find a better one, fine let him bring the guy aboard. If he wants to hire another Ronnie Jones, keep Smith. I don't think we've seen a huge impact by Les Steckel. It was however helpful to have him in preseason when the RB coach fell ill. He's got a good resume and I think overall he's a positive. No one else on offence seems worthy of retention. I'm sure Gilbride is a goner, and frankly surprised that TD didn't single him out for firing.

The defence did not force turnovers or get huge numbers of sacks. I think that is more of a personnel issue than a real problem with coaching or the system which generated large numbers of both when a less sophisticated version (w/o LeBeau's zone blitz variations added in) was run in Tennessee before Williams came to Buffalo. The difference was Jevon Kearse. Schobel is pretty good and getting better each season, buthe's still not the dominant pass rusher that makes this (and many other defensive systems) work. That's not the fault of LeBeau or Gray. I think Krumrie has made the players better, but he doesn't have a whole lot of talent to work with in Ryan Denney. Maybe Chris Kelsay can do a little more as a sophomore next year, or maybe Buffalo can find a stud DE somewhere. I think the "clean House" mentality is more an emotional response to one of the most frustrating seasons in Bills history than the way to make the team better.

Mud
12-30-2003, 09:16 PM
Give it some time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Michael82
12-31-2003, 09:29 AM
Keep Steckel. He was the RB coach and worked with Henry to get rid of the fumblitis.

Historian
12-31-2003, 10:16 AM
Keep Woody Ribbick, Hojo, Rusty Jones, and Bud Carpenter. Flush the rest of them down the potty.

Michael82
12-31-2003, 10:17 AM
Actually, I just heard on Sporting News radio that assistant coaches will be fired next week. Gregg gave them the week off, so Donahoe is letting them enjoy their vacation and then will take care of firing some of them... Ruel, Gilbride...etc. next week.