PDA

View Full Version : How was Sam Adams?

Mud
12-30-2003, 10:52 AM
The DT? How was he this year? All you hoped for?

LtBillsFan66
12-30-2003, 10:54 AM
I would say so. He made the Pro Bowl as an alternate.

Ebenezer
12-30-2003, 10:55 AM
Yes. Had they actually played him more at the beginning of the season he would have done even better. He was slow at the start of the year but that might have to do with newness more than anything else. I think it was money worth spent. For a DT he had a couple of monster games.

TedMock
12-30-2003, 10:59 AM
I think so. He ended up with 30 or 35 tackles and 5 sacks. That's pretty solid for a DT. He also opened it up for Pat Williams who had 80-90 tackles (depending where you look). That's just sick for a DT. I think Adams was a good reason why.

Tatonka
12-30-2003, 10:59 AM
he played great i thought.. he was a main component to improving our defense to number 2, he had 5 sacks, which was much more than i expected, and had some great pressure at other times.. along with a INT for a TD.

Mud
12-30-2003, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the update, fellas. I remember quite a few people on ESPN Bills board convinced this guy is the real deal.

SamAdamsFan
12-30-2003, 11:02 AM
I think he did good. He still had lingering knee problems in the beginning of the season. In the first NYJets (the game he missed), Curtis Martin ran all over us, but we were solid against the run the rest of the year. I don't know if he really earned a Pro-Bowl alternate spot or not, but he is well worth the $2 million we are paying him, he used to make a lot more on other teams. He also just turned 30 in the offseason last summer, so he should be solid for the last 3 years in his contract.

Voltron
12-30-2003, 11:46 AM
He teneded to disapear in some games but I think that was because teams would give up on the run against us and pass a lot more. Also having him in for 3 downs instead of 2 is much better for him. I think we got our moneys worth and I look forward to seeing them ink Big Pat for the rest of his career too!

Ebenezer
12-30-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Voltron
He teneded to disapear in some games but I think that was because teams would give up on the run against us and pass a lot more. Also having him in for 3 downs instead of 2 is much better for him. I think we got our moneys worth and I look forward to seeing them ink Big Pat for the rest of his career too!

For what we paid him he was more than just an upgrade at the position.

BAM
12-30-2003, 05:41 PM
he came out strong the first game.. then took a few weeks off.. then came back almost strong :) good addition to our D i think.

TigerJ
12-30-2003, 09:35 PM
The broadcast team for one of the Bills games late in the year commented that the Bills seemed able to get more production out of him than he's had in several years.

SABURZFAN
12-31-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Mud
Thanks for the update, fellas. I remember quite a few people on ESPN Bills board convinced this guy is the real deal.

anybody i know?

R. Rich
12-31-2003, 08:28 AM
I thought he started out great in the opener, then struggled a bit as he was being blocked one on one by some fairly average OL. But, he really picked it up towards the end of the season and played well. His conditioning was a factor though, as he had to come off the field quite a bit and was seen sucking wind often on the sidelines. Still, I did like the way he finished the season. I think if we're fortunate enough to get a good DT in the early rounds of the draft, Adams could be great in a solid rotation. Maybe someone like Tatonka's boy Lavalais from LSU; that would be nice!

saviorbledsoe
12-31-2003, 08:54 AM
He did better than "I have an orgasm every time I make a tackle Seau" So go bark up another tree stinky fish.

lordofgun
12-31-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
The broadcast team for one of the Bills games late in the year commented that the Bills seemed able to get more production out of him than he's had in several years.

I think it might have something to do with playing alongside a STUD named Pat Williams.

Tatonka
12-31-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by R. Rich
Adams could be great in a solid rotation. Maybe someone like Tatonka's boy Lavalais from LSU; that would be nice!

:bravo:

The_Philster
12-31-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I think it might have something to do with playing alongside a STUD named Pat Williams.

That is probably a big part of it. :up:

timfromjersey
01-01-2004, 10:57 AM
That's right folks! Sam Adams was a success because he was a big improvement for our run defense and opened up room for the super active Pat Williams. Plus would chip in some with the pass rush. JUST LIKE I SAID HE WOULD IN THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON! His conditioning would be a factor. Some people argued with me (wys) and some people hedged and hawed over my points and some people just ignore my posts but once again I was right, further demonstrating my accumen in the gridiron arts.

The first step to a great defense is stop the Run!!! Football 101. Sam had to improve the D.

If you don't believe my claims, go look up my posts. Search under Sam Adams.

When will y'all ever learn?

colin
01-01-2004, 12:14 PM
Sam was a freaking stud.

colin
01-01-2004, 12:15 PM
Who the hell put that under my name?

The Natrix
01-01-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by colin
Who the hell put that under my name?

wys :snicker:

colin
01-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Sounds about right.

Officially:

I think Drew is a good QB who can't do jack in our system (but that's gone now!).

My hero Bill is and has always been Pat Willie, for whom I coined the term Big Ninja, I like Spikes and Milloy and Sam too, and Mike Willie, Moulds is good too. But Big Pat is a farkin thug.

Dozerdog
01-01-2004, 01:42 PM
He's a far cry from those who could only muster up fat jokes in preseason.

He was one of the top 5 Bills all season.

Halbert
01-02-2004, 08:34 AM
:up: :up: :up:

I'd give him two snaps up.