PDA

View Full Version : bills mock draft

shadowfax
12-30-2003, 10:53 AM
#1: LFitzgerald via trade-up with the Lions, who need the extra pick to rebuild (again). They take our 1st and our 4th and 5th round picks.
#2: JP Losman or Phil Rivers
#3: Ben Watson, TE
#5: trade-up with our two 6 round picks (the second for OGary...an assumption):
Kentrell Curry, FS
#7: None (mark campbell trade)

Tatonka
12-30-2003, 10:57 AM
imho.. we have to get a FS in this draft.. we passed on some good ones last year in mathis, who did great in jacksonville, and hamlin, who was a beast in seattle..

there are two guys.. sean taylor, or that white FS from purdue.. can think of his name.. we have to get one though.. we can not go on with PP and Reese..

and another concern about getting fitzgerald.. it moves reed down, shaw becomes nonexistant, and what was the point of using a 4th rounder on aiken?

NC-BILLS44
12-30-2003, 10:58 AM
Did Wire start at FS against NE?

Tatonka
12-30-2003, 11:00 AM
no.. he rotated in at ss i believe.

shadowfax
12-30-2003, 11:04 AM
or at least they should be. Did they do enough to help the team? granted, aiken was injured but he didn't break the lineup either.

Emoulds at 1, LFitz at 2, let Shaw and Reed battle for 3, and then Aiken is your 5th WR. Either that or try to get something for Reed and go with Shaw in a 3 year extension.

Point is, we need better playmakers there, and we need two guys who will command respect and doubles. Our receivers don't scare anyone.

Tatonka
12-30-2003, 11:15 AM
i know you know this... but NO WRS in the nfl (bar the random Boldin or Moss) do squat in their first 2 years..

reed could still be great.. and aiken is gonna need time..

if you think fitzgerald is gonna come in and light it up.. just like rodgers, and johnson did this year.. (see my sarcasm).. then your expectations are too high..

moulds sucked for 2 years.. santana moss sucked for 3... hines ward.. hell look at all the first round picks then never came around.. stokes, terrell, plaxico..

i dont think there is a bigger crap shoot in the first round than wrs and qbs.

Mud
12-30-2003, 11:22 AM
Is Fitzgerald eligible?

I don't think you guys will get Fitzgerald. Josh Reed is still young, and Bobby Shaw hasn't done bad. You need more help on the O-line. If you do trade up, what about Robert Gallery?

TigerJ
12-30-2003, 12:42 PM
Buffalo needs interior line help more than OT. While Jennings was tried at center, he was left at tackle, presumably for a good reason.

Demon
12-30-2003, 12:45 PM
I still have full trust in Josh Reed. If he wasn't playing such badly first 3 or 4 weeks then he would have MUCH better #'s then alot of star WR's when they played in their 2nd season.

I'd go with defense first.

Novacane
12-30-2003, 12:49 PM
I agree. People(me included) were ready to call Moulds a bust after a couple years. I still believe in Reed. He's done a lot more that EM his first 2 seasons

Alluro
12-30-2003, 04:19 PM
Charlie Rogers was on his way to doing some good things before he got hurt. I'd be happy if we got a player like him in the first round

Mud
12-30-2003, 04:25 PM
Alluro. Yes he will, but where I come from, you go with what you need more than what you want. Unless you're Dave Wannstedt, and you go with Defense with your 1st pick. :mad:

superbills
12-30-2003, 06:50 PM
Sean Taylor Sean Taylor Sean Taylor Sean Taylor Sean Taylor Sean Taylor Sean Taylor Sean Taylor Sean Taylor Sean Taylor Sean Taylor Sean Taylor Sean Taylor Sean Taylor Sean Taylor Sean Taylor Sean Taylor Sean Taylor!

'Nuff Said :)