PDA

View Full Version : Add to the List of HC's

justasportsfan
12-30-2003, 11:43 AM
Marv Levy.

Sporting News said he wants to coach. Hasslet has ties to the bills because of Donahoe but Levy goes all the way to the top with RW. Doesn't it make you wonder , he wants to coach again just as the bills are looking for a new HC? (although he did mention it when WNSA asked him in the middle os the season.

I'm not sure if the game has passed him by. If he is still capable of adapting to the changes in the NFL since he left.

I like the fact that his mentallity of "for you to win the game, you have to run and stop the run" is still his battle cry.

Drew wnated to run the no-huddle all season and Marv kept saying that it would be a perfect fit for Drew. Hmmm.

If Marv comes back any chance he can ask Bruce Dehaven to come back? I don't like Danny Smith. Mediocre.

The bills do not have to rebuild , maybe Levy would be a choice RW would consider.

Thoughts?

don137
12-30-2003, 11:47 AM
I can't see Dehaven being allowed to leave for a lateral position from Dallas. I love Marv but he can't go more than a couple of years...

Voltron
12-30-2003, 11:53 AM
Are you allowed to coach again AFTER you are put into the Hall of Fame for coaching?

justasportsfan
12-30-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by don137
I can't see Dehaven being allowed to leave for a lateral position from Dallas. I love Marv but he can't go more than a couple of years... that's what they said too. He's only good for another 1-2 years. He left when he eventually knew that the bills will have to rebuild. The rebuilding stage is done and we just need a coach who can fine tune this team.

I love marv but I'd rather have Coughlin.

Mr. Miyagi
12-30-2003, 11:54 AM
How old is Marv anyway? Vermill is 68 and will still be coaching next season.

justasportsfan
12-30-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Voltron
Are you allowed to coach again AFTER you are put into the Hall of Fame for coaching? I think so.

stuckincincy
12-30-2003, 11:55 AM
Wasn't the axing of DeHaven the issue between Wade Phillips and RW?

justasportsfan
12-30-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by stuckincincy
Wasn't the axing of DeHaven the issue between Wade Phillips and RW? Scapegoat of the MCM.

Novacane
12-30-2003, 11:58 AM
While were at it why don't we bring back Jim Kelly to play QB next year! Sorry but Marv is ancient history. We can't go back to the past!

Voltron
12-30-2003, 11:59 AM
I love Marv too but this team needs dicipline. Marv is a Great coach for a team that has a good solid group of vetran leadership (like we had in the early 90s) but our team has lost confidence in the #1 Team leader our QB. Tough spot for a coach like marv to come into. This team would not be a good fit for him.

justasportsfan
12-30-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
While were at it why don't we bring back Jim Kelly to play QB next year! Sorry but Marv is ancient history. We can't go back to the past! That would be an issue if Marv get's ajob somewhere and RW hired somone esle. Media would love to pick on that.

stuckincincy
12-30-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Scapegoat of the MCM.

Wazzat???

Mr. Miyagi
12-30-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
While were at it why don't we bring back Jim Kelly to play QB next year! Sorry but Marv is ancient history. We can't go back to the past!
And Reed to opposite Moulds, Metzelaars as an extra receiving weapon, Bruce as our much needed DE, and Thurmo to back up Henry.

Oh silly me. We don't need another RB do we?

Mr. Miyagi
12-30-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by stuckincincy

Wazzat???
Music City Miracle? Where have you been???

justasportsfan
12-30-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Thurmo to back up Henry.

Oh silly me. We don't need another RB do we? He and WM can compare busted knees.

Devin
12-30-2003, 12:16 PM
I dont care what anyone says, id take Marv in a heart beat. He commands respect and attention, and his knowledge of the game is unreal.

Even if it were for just a few years it be a huge step.

helmetguy
12-30-2003, 12:18 PM
Actually, having Marv come back isn't that far-fetched. If discipline is a concern, his teams were much more disciplined than we have seen in a long time. He got that through respect. The guy does have a winning track record, although no SB rings to show for it. Being from the George Allen mold, he recognized-and was involved with-all aspects of the game (Offense, Defense, STs). He also knows how to surround himself with astute, competent assistants, but wouldn't hesitate to can a guy if he doesn't meet the standards. It is also possible that, among his staff, he might be able to groom his successor. It is a possibility with some merit.

Earthquake Enyart
12-30-2003, 12:30 PM
Marv's teams disciplined? What about all the show boating on the field and on the sidelines?

Marv was a mediocre coach with superior players. He was outcoached in all 4 SB's.

TigerJ
12-30-2003, 12:38 PM
Marv is interested in the Chicago opening. I think I heard this on the radio, can't say where though. No mention of an interest in Buffalo.

Drewpac
12-30-2003, 12:58 PM
Marv is like 75 years old. I love Marv but I don't want our coach to die in the middle of the season. The guy is just too old for the job. If he was in his late 60's I'd be in favor of it but not at his age.

justasportsfan
12-30-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Drewpac
Marv is like 75 years old. I love Marv but I don't want our coach to die in the middle of the season. That's freakin mean. :snicker:

stuckincincy
12-30-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Music City Miracle? Where have you been???

Didn't know it reached initials-only status. I remember watching Wade NOT jumping up and down, assuming it would be called back. Wade shoulda jumped.

Like Lindsey Ruff, when the Dallas Stars got what turned out to be the game-winning goal in the last game of the Stanley Cup finals, even though Brett Hull's skate was clearly in the crease.

What a rob that was....