PDA

View Full Version : Bills ask permission to speak to Lovie Smith

Ebenezer
12-30-2003, 02:58 PM
WNSA-FM is reporting that the Bills have asked permission of the Rams to interview DC Lovie Smith. Pat Kirwin of CNNSI.com was on and noted that Smith may be the best DC candidate for HC available...

...I still want an offensive mind.

Tatonka
12-30-2003, 03:01 PM
sweet.

Pride
But maybe being on the Rams staff has brushed some offense into him, or maybe he would bring in the QB coach in Nellyville to be OC... who knows...

Michael82
He also noted that Jim Fassel is the most likely for Buffalo.

LtBillsFan66
12-30-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282

From what I've heard, not that it's worth anything, that Fassel is going to go to AZ. They are hot after him.

Ebenezer
12-30-2003, 03:09 PM

I was avoiding that.

Michael82
12-30-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
From what I've heard, not that it's worth anything, that Fassel is going to go to AZ. They are hot after him.

Yeah, but if you are given the choice between a Cardinals ownership that doesn't care if they field a team worthy of going anywhere and leaves 15-20 million dollars under the cap NOT SPENT...or a team like Buffalo with the talent and an owner commited to winning. Which would you rather go? After hearing what Pat Kirwin said about him...I'm beginning to wonder if maybe Fassel would be a good choice for Buffalo and Bledsoe.

Michael82
12-30-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
I was avoiding that.

:snicker:

justasportsfan
12-30-2003, 03:20 PM

Yeah, but if you are given the choice between a Cardinals ownership that doesn't care if they field a team worthy of going anywhere and leaves 15-20 million dollars under the cap NOT SPENT...or a team like Buffalo with the talent and an owner commited to winning. Which would you rather go? After hearing what Pat Kirwin said about him...I'm beginning to wonder if maybe Fassel would be a good choice for Buffalo and Bledsoe.

If they lost to the Vikes they would've had 1st pick. :snicker: They lose when they are suppose to win and win when they are suppose to lose.

helmetguy
12-30-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
If they lost to the Vikes they would've had 1st pick. :snicker: They lose when they are suppose to win and win when they are suppose to lose.

With Billy Bidwill running the show, AZ could have all 32 1st round picks and still be the doormat of the league!

ArcticWildMan
12-30-2003, 04:47 PM
He's nothing more than a "quota" interview. TD already said he's going to hire somebody with past coaching experience.

My money is on Fassel.

clumping platelets
12-30-2003, 05:01 PM
Please NOT Fassel :mad:

iceblizzard69
12-30-2003, 09:33 PM
Lovie Smith would be a pretty good head coach. I think he will probably end up in Atlanta though. I don't want to see him in Buffalo.

Ð
12-30-2003, 09:35 PM
They're not yelling "boo," they're yelling "Loooooooviiiiieeeeeee"

Turf
12-30-2003, 09:55 PM
The more I hear from Dennis Greene, the more I'm starting to prefer him. I 'm not sold on Haslett, though it sounds like he's staying put anyways, I like Fassel though I never saw the offensive prowess everyone talks about, Lovie Smith I don't know enough about though he's from St Louis, and Chicago's X-coach is a big nevermind as far as I'm concerned. I really am intrigued by Coughlin, though I get the impression we'll be beat to the punch, and even then I'm not sure he's the guy only cause I'm not sure.
Right now I'd have to go for Dennis Greene.

Mud
12-30-2003, 10:00 PM

The Bills are committed to winning?

The Spaz
12-31-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Mud

The Bills are committed to winning?

Hmmm how many trades and FA pickups have the the Buffalo Bills made since Tom Donahoe took over? So you tell me?

Historian
12-31-2003, 07:49 AM
No more coordinators...pul-eeeze!

Tatonka
12-31-2003, 07:53 AM
lovie smith is the man who turned the St. Louis defense into a ball hawking, turnover driven terror the last half of the season. he is also the man that is credited with making Tampa Bays defense what it is, when he was there with Tony Dungy, and took over when Dungy left.

i like the guy, and he could be the type of coach that could put our defense into that elite league.

the key with a guy like him is his OC has to be a great choice. bottom line.

and i dont think that he is a quota interview, because i truely believe that he will go for the best man... whoever that may be.

Earthquake Enyart
12-31-2003, 07:58 AM
If Lovie can steal a copy of the Ram offensive playbook and bring it with him, I'm all for it. TH can be Faulk. Bulger and Warner are about as mobile as Drew....

That's the type of offense we need to run.

Drewpac
12-31-2003, 12:34 PM
This is my first choice for our next head coach. His defenses take it to their opponent, not the other way around. We'll see tons of turnovers and sacks with this guy in Buffalo. Plus, the guy's name is LOVIE! How can you go wrong with a name like that?